Parenting

Dumb Question Re: Hired Housecleaner

H was super sweet and bought me 3 hours of house cleaning. I was just about to schedule the appt but then thought, "What the hell do I do while the cleaner is here?" 

If you've had a house cleaner before do you leave the house? I feel like it would be sofa king awkward for me and DS to be hanging out while the cleaner works. My house is small, so it's not like I could really avoid being in his/her way. But then I feel strange being like, "here's my house, BYE!" and leaving a complete stranger in my house alone (altho the company is well known and has great reviews). 

Any who... talk about a FWP. But help?

SEAHAWKS! And... Macklemore. Seattle's WINNING! 

Re: Dumb Question Re: Hired Housecleaner

• I would be super awkward so yeah, I would leave. I had a house cleaner for a short while and always had her come while I was at work. Enjoy it and don't pre-clean a thing!

so many different types of sparrows 30 rock         

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I stayed the first time. She had a few questions about what we wanted cleaned, what products she should use, where the washer was, etc. now that she is familiar with our house, I leave, or at least stay upstairs while she's downstairs and vice versa.
  • Loading the player...
  • And I keep worrying that I'll get judged. I know, I know... it's stupid. My house is far from disgusting, but I've never been a tidy person and now I've got a kid. So, it's kind of whacked here. 

I'll get over myself and just enjoy my clean floors afterwards. Until DS spills his fucking dinner all over them. 

Damn kid. 

• @HilarityEnsued - I feel you. 

And not at all creepily. 

• I normally leave because if I stay, I feel like they'll judge me, like, "If you have time to play on your phone, why can't you clean your own house?" I also tidy up before they come for the same reason as @HilarityEnsued.
  • is it too cold to hang out in the backyard?

however long the night, dawn will break.

• @DreadLoc it is pretty cold (not TOO cold) but my son doesn't last too long outside. We could play out there for a bit and maybe go grocery shopping, then play outside some more. 

Another question: I need to tip right? I know I do... what's the normal amount? We got a Groupon for this cleaning for 3 hrs at $60. 

• Ours comes when we are not home. We have never met our housecleaners. They are awesome though. Best money i ever spent.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • SoDoMojo said:
    @DreadLoc it is pretty cold (not TOO cold) but my son doesn't last too long outside. We could play out there for a bit and maybe go grocery shopping, then play outside some more. 

Another question: I need to tip right? I know I do... what's the normal amount? We got a Groupon for this cleaning for 3 hrs at $60. 
    I don't tip. Maybe I should? I was under the impression that you only tip once a year during the holidays. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Maebb said:

I normally leave because if I stay, I feel like they'll judge me, like, "If you have time to play on your phone, why can't you clean your own house?" I also tidy up before they come for the same reason as @HilarityEnsued.

They don't judge like that. They are there to do their job, the one they get paid for. That's like saying a bagger at a grocery store judges you for not bagging your own groceries.
  • I just go about my day. I don't feel judged when I am present. Their business is to provide this service. I am not making them work for free while taunting them with bon bons. I'm also comfortable with the ladies so I have no issue leaving when they are present.
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/1e/60/2a/1e602a4261a90b9c761ebe748b780318.jpg    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/47/2c/07/472c076006afed606241716dd0db828a.jpg 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"