January 2013 Moms
Options

Mom of the year award goes to...

Not me! Apparently one of the buckles on the stroller didn't snap because when he leaned forward he fell out...face first into the pavement. :( One side was buckled so it wasn't a really hard fall but he has a nice bruise on his head. His 1 year pictures were also scheduled for today so I'll get a lasting reminder. The only good thing is that no one saw the accident.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Mom of the year award goes to...

• Options
    Ugh! I'm sorry! :( it's horrible when they fall right before your eyes. Feels like everything moves in slow motion. DS fell out of his highchair the other day. Gave me a heart attack but once he stop crying (I think it scared him), he clapped and laughed. They are tough little buggers.

• Options
    Sorry, that had to be scary! Glad he's okay!! I agree with PP these things happen, that's what I told myself last week. DD was taking a bath I'm kneeling at tub playing with her, she's sitting on her butt, I turn my head for a second to grab shampoo and she somehow slipped down. Hitting back of head on tub. I felt horrible
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    aklawrence1aklawrence1 member
    edited February 2014
    I'm sure that was so scary! I get terrified every time DD falls! Not 2 weeks ago, I was sitting in the floor with her and she stood up to walk away... Fell face-first into the side corner of a cabinet. The biggest goose egg I've seen popped up within seconds. I think I cried as much as DD did, but after a minute, she was talking and playing like normal. She had a nasty bruise for a week but things like that happen. She had a Dr appt that week, and her pedi said it was the "signature bruise of her age group." I'm definitely not a mom of the year, but at this age, I think these minor accidents are a given.

Edit: because autocorrect always gets me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Aww that is scary, but don't worry, things happen!

DD fell off her new kids table the other day...I felt so bad but she was fine. I think at this age bumps/bruises are bound to happen.

Glad he's ok and try not to be hard on yourself.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. I know there will be lots of bumps and bruises along the way. I just feel so bad since this could have been prevented. From now on that kid will be strapped in so tight he won't be able to move! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"