LGBT Parenting

rough few days

Oh my goodness what a rough couple of days.It started Tuesday I woke up fine and by 8 am had a horrible headache and by 8 pm I was just miserable headache,fever,chills and vomiting ended up in the ER luckily it didnt bother the baby she was moving all around.So I woke up fine Wednesday and was fine Thursday and here comes Thursday night and poor little Adasyn went to bed and around 1:15 she woke up crying covered in vomit so we called the ER and they said give her a popsicle there is no need to bring her in if she is just vomiting and has no other symptoms so after her throwing up 7 times we said screw the ER we are taking her in so after a strep test, a flu test and a blood test they say its just a virus so we get home at 8 am Friday morning and she was fine all day yesterday so we give her milk cup and she goes to bed and a hour later wakes up vomiting again luckily we gave her some meds and she stopped and was able to sleep through the night but now we have this fear of giving her milk.We thought at first it was the milk but then realized it was two different brands from two different stores and both smelled fine and well within date.She ate a little bit and even drank some juice and pedialyte and kept those down it just seems to be milk.Has anyone else had this issue?

Re: rough few days

• My guess is is that her tummy just wasn't ready for milk yet. Better to stick to lighter/plain foods (like the BRAT diet - bananas, rice, applesauce, toast) and Pedialyte/water/popsicles for 24-36 hrs. I know when I have had GI viruses, I might feel better, but eating anything other than plain foods can set me off again.

hope she feels better soon!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • That does sound miserable.  I hope everyone gets healthy soon.
    T & G My wife and I married 9/10/11 in Niagara Falls, NY
    HSG 12/12/12        
    #1 ICI 12/15/12              BFN on 12/29/12
    #2 ICI  1/11/13                BFN 1/28/13                       
    #3 ICI 2/11/13                 BFN

#4 ICI August 2013,  Clomid 100mg    BFN on 8/30/13 
    #5 ICI September-Clomid 100,  mg ICI 8/15 and 8/16,  BFN on 9/3
    #6 ICI October-Clomid 150 mg for 5 days   BFN 10/27
    uterine laparoscopy on 11/14-no endo or cysts
    #7 IUI December-Clomid 150mg    BFP 12/21
    12/23 Beta 51     12/26 Beta 209!
    First ultrasound on January 8th 2014-great healthy heartbeat
    Second Ultrasound January 23 (8 weeks) we got to see and hear the heartbeat
    Third Ultrasound Feb 4th(10 weeks), then will  released to OBGYN'
    It's a GIRL!
    We welcomed Adalyn Cooper Elizabeth on 8/29/14
    She was 7lbs 11oz and 19.6 inches long

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2.5 yrs old, M,  and 1 year old, K

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks yeah the only reason we gave her milk was because the doctor said it was fine.I looked online and a few people said their kids had the same problem that sometimes viruses can cause a milk allergy for a few days they said try 2% instead of whole for a while.
  • I work in a school and it seems like the same stomach bug affecting both the kids and staff. It is a strain that is highly contagious and hard to avoid. Vomiting comes on suddenly and continues on/off for a day or two. Some kids have ended up hospitalized from dehydration. I would suggest sticking with something like pediatyte to keep her hydrated yet is gentle on the stomach. You can even make Popsicles out if it!
                  Me: 34. DW: 35 
                Together 12 years- celebrating 8 years legally married on Feb 9th 2014! 
     TTC #1 using at home insemination 
     Started in Oct 2011 on and off for a year; consistently for the past year 
     Soy Isoflavones used last 3 cycles 
     Using a healthy, fertile friend as a donor 

We have 5 fur babies we call kids ( 3 dogs & 2 cats) and 6 chickens. I am trying to add a tea cup pig to our family as well but my DW is afraid I will think it looks lonely sleeping elsewhere and invite it into our bed which already has 3 dogs. Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • yes no matter how much we clean our house i feel like we keep passing back and fourth to each other hopefully my partner doesn't get it.It just plain nasty and we feel so helpless cause at 16 months she doesn't understand she just knows she doesn't feel well and all she wants it sleep.Turns out after we got to the ER we could have given her some of our zolfran just break the 4mg pill in half wish we had known that before.
  • This sounds horrible. I'm glad some others have had helpful feedback. Good luck!
    ****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:
    IVF #1 my eggs November/December 2013: Cancelled IVF due to poor response

IVF #2 my eggs/Manada's uterus January/February 2014
    BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"