Parenting after 35
Options

Anyone turning the Big 4-0 this year?

If so, any plans? I know DH is planning something big for me. I can't believe I'm going to be 40! Where did the time go???

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

Re: Anyone turning the Big 4-0 this year?

• Options
    I turned the big 40 in 6 mos ago but everyone just treated it like another birthday.  I agree with you about time flying by...aside from body aches and my premature gray hair (that is no longer premature) I still feel like I am in my late 20's! Big Smile
    image"width="200px"> Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

The countdown is on for me! About 9 months and counting. Crap, university seemed like yesterday, and so did the teenage years. I feel like my 20s too, but but with more information.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

BTDT. 

But I hate the phrase "the big 4-0". I'm 40. Just like I was 39. And hopefully next year I will be 41.

It's just a number to me.

This year we had a BBQ and invited only really close friends and a few family. I'm newly married and just had a baby 7 months ago and moved into a new house 2 months before baby, so it was more of a gathering for friends/family to have a springtime BBQ and play with baby, see the house as well as to get to know myself and DH.

I told DH if he had a birthday party for me that I would walk out.  

• Options
    I am in August. DH and I are planning to go away for the weekend. I don't do birthday parties for me, don't like being the center of attention. But I know my mom will make a big deal of it since she did when I turned 30.

image  image

• Options

Oh - forgot to say no big plans, or any at all. But my family sucks at birthdays (well, being honest, just mine) and wouldn't come anyway even if I planned it myself. So I may just go off somewhere and do a spa day or something in peace and quiet.

• Options

You young-uns...

My husband, son (who was almost 8 months old) and I went to Newport, Rhode Island for my 40th. It was a nice trip.  That was over 3 years ago now. 

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Options

I'm 42 but when I turned 40, DH planned a really nice family dinner and then a surprise drinks/dessert party for some friends.  It was fun.  The day of, I treated myself to a massage and mani/pedi and had lunch with DH and then we went out to a fun dinner with the kids.

DH turns 40 on Dec1 and I am trying to decide what to do for him.  I am thinking a small dessert party at either our house or a restaurant/bar - we don't have tons of money to spend and his bday is at a hard time of year so may do something in early Nov.

Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • Options
    I did a few months ago.  I think I still am in a bit of denial over it and I really don't like how time seems to be moving at warp speed these days!  We were going to go on a cruise...but sadly due to multiple family issues/drama (my side) we had to cancel a month prior.  Instead, my daughter had round two of tubes that week.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    steverstever member
    I am! We're dropping the kiddos off at my mom's then going to Vegas with some friends. Smile 
  • Options
    Inn2Inn2 member
    My husband turns 40 on Sunday and I was planning to harass him a bit with a party and some gags.  Bed rest changed those plans, which is kind of a relief because in April I will be 40 and I know he would get me back twice as much! I think this miracle baby is our "gift".  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

My 40th is in December. I'm hoping a repeat of my 30th, when it was just the two of us at a B&B in a wonderful little town. It was quite honestly the best one I'd ever had, and this will be the last one without a LO.

mmc 5/19/11, IUI 6/15/12, IUI 7/18/12, BFP 7/8/13! EDD 3/9/14.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My birthday since 2005 is spent at our favorite brewpub, with the owners giving us free desert--crème brulee-and a discount on our member mugs.  My hubby has also elected to celebrate his birthday there. We love the place, owners, food and beer.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

p.s. i'll go there for my 41st

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My 40th birthday was my due date. He ended up eight days early. In fact, my birthday ended up being the day he came home from the NICU. And that day was actual Mother's Day as well...

The birthday part was pretty ignored. By me especially. But I'm not a birthday person in general. And I got to skip the big black balloon party thing at work since obviously I was still on maternity leave.

I did go to New Orleans (pre-Katrina) for my 30th.
  • Options
    Mine is next August.  I have no idea where the time went!  I swear I still feel like I just got out of college a little while ago.  At any rate, I have a history of really disappointing milestone birthdays so I have been resistant to planning anything too exciting.  I'm afraid if I do one of the kids will end up sick or something and I don't want to jinx myself.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Been there, done that and moving on to 43.  
    file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
  • Options
    I am turing 40 in February!!!  Not sure what I will be doing, my bday is on a Sat this year.  I have a feeling my mom will be doing something since she moved back home now and is 15 mins away.  I so cant believe I am going to be 40!!!

Me (40) DH (42).......Married 7/1/11......TTC 12/2013.......BFP #1 12/30/12........EDD 9/8/13
    Spotting,clot 2/15/13 all ok......2/21/13 no heartbeat 11 w 4 d missed miscarriage........2/22/13 DnC :(
    BFP # 2 10.10.13...........EDD 6.19.14

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    I'll be 40 this year.  I'd like to do an awful lot of stuff and I'm really looking forward...to everything :-D
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    The timing this year was bad for a big celebration for our birthdays (my 40, my DH's 50).... Our current thoughts are to have a big 45+55=100 party in 5 years.
  • Options
    Make that 4 years. Our birthdays were almost a whole year ago now. :)
  • Options
    Yes :-( but we are planning a girlfriends getaway to the Hershey hotel and spa with the gals turning 40.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"