July 2014 Moms

Instagram Bumpies - BMB hashtag?

Would anyone be interested in doing a July 2014 hashtag? It would be for us bumpies that are posting pregnancy related pics (bumps, all of the food, baby stuff). Some BMBs do this. I can't see alot of HDBD pics here because my work PC and sometimes my laptop doesn't show pics.

It would be #tbjuly2014 for the hashtag?

Thoughts?

(If your account is private, we wouldn't see you of course.)

"Your truth is different from my truth, and we're both right."

TTC since March 2013. BFP 4/13/13, blighted ovum discovered 6/6/13, m/c 6/8/13.

BFP 11/10/13, EDD 7/25/13 - stick little owlet!

BabyFruit Ticker

View Full Size Image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Instagram Bumpies - BMB hashtag?

• As an Instagram junkie, I for one would be interested. I hashtagged once with #july2014babies but I am cool with whatever hashtag!

PS I pph hashtags so I'll try really hard not to annoy folks with my use, but I make zero promises! ;)

• I mostly post puppy pictures, but id be up for it, if I actually post something baby related. Is it weird that I am out on fb but not ig??
  • Loading the player...
  • Pup4gdb said:
    I mostly post puppy pictures, but id be up for it, if I actually post something baby related. Is it weird that I am out on fb but not ig??

You know I was wondering that too! It's like IG I am totally in, but FB meh, not so much. I think it is because I use a different personal filter for IG stuff than I do for FB if that makes sense? I have lots of IRL friends on IG, but I mainly started it for my blog so it's already a lot of internet friends (a lot of whom have become IRL friends, too). Plus, I am not private on there so anyone can see my stuff anyway.

• I think it's a great idea!
  • Alright, how does Instagram work? Lol I don't have one and never thought I would. But I am curious.
  • Alright, how does Instagram work? Lol I don't have one and never thought I would. But I am curious.

It's the best app everrrrrrrrr! I use it more than anything!

You just upload pics or vids, and you can use filters on them. And you can 'follow' other users that have cool pics.

BabyFruit Ticker

View Full Size Image

I didn't until last year. I thought it was an apple app :-/

It's only pictures and videos. You have a user name and can follow others and have followers. You can be public or private. I'm private but my hashtags are public. You can double tap someone's photo to "love it"
    imageimage

BFP #1 11.10.13 EDD 07.22.14 Stick baby cake!
    image https://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/ee/d355aa73ed49767417acbbe29ed0e6.png  BabyFruit Ticker

• Ok, fill me in on hashtags and filters lol can you tell I don't do social media much at all?
  • @tealowl

I don't think I can ever associate my Instagram with TB. Somehow lovely found me there. Remember how nuts she was?

TTC #1 since 10/2012.
    BFP#1 11/28/12, MC, BFP #2 CP
    BFP #3 10/21/2013, EDD 7/3/2014
    Beta #1 (4W6D): 1768 Beta #2 (5W1D): 5255
    1st US at 6W4D HB of 112 BPM!

1/20/2014: IT'S A GIRL!

6/30/2014: Happy birthday baby M!

• tealowl said:

Would anyone be interested in doing a July 2014 hashtag? It would be for us bumpies that are posting pregnancy related pics (bumps, all of the food, baby stuff). Some BMBs do this. I can't see alot of HDBD pics here because my work PC and sometimes my laptop doesn't show pics.

Thoughts?

Is yours private? If so I can see the pics you #. I just added some too it and I'm private. Can you see mine?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • am7rice said:

Thoughts?

Is yours private? If so I can see the pics you #. I just added some too it and I'm private. Can you see mine?
    I just changed mine so it isn't private now, so I should show up!

BabyFruit Ticker

View Full Size Image

• Love this! #tbjuly2014 !!
    [ Zoey <3 7.28.14 ]
  • bunny0711 said:
    Maybe I'll create a second IG account just for pregnancy related photos. I love IG wayyy more than Facebook. My primary account is my first and last name and I'm not comfortable putting that out there. 

The only person I can see so far with the hash tag is @tealowl. P.S. It blew my mind the other day when you said your first name on another post. I was like whaaaaat? Her name isn't Teal?? #pregnancybrain
    Ha! I should legally change it. My IG name is my real name, but it's so terribly common that I've never really worried about it...I tried Googling myself once, and apparently I share a name with a chick who murdered her parents or something. #wasntme

BabyFruit Ticker

View Full Size Image

• hope1017hope1017 member
    edited February 2014
    I'm totally down for this. I just logged on and did see @tealowl as the only post lol. And yes yours was not private.

Just added one to the group! Check it out :)
  • Turned my privacy off. Hope I don't get crazy ppl following me lol

• I'm down! Love this idea.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Hella down. Off to hashtag.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I went back and retroactivley #'d some posts! :)

REAL QUESTION:

Is it going to freak anyone out if I follow them?

• @sarahvol131 I don't have a problem lol.
  • Personally, I'd like a hashtag that was more incognito. My IG is more personal and I'd like to not have it tied back to my account here. 

User Banned You have been banned from posting on the forums until 01-11-2165 8:18 AM. The reason for this ban is Inappropriate Links or Signature. Please return to participate in the forums after the ban has elapsed.
  • I'm ok with followers - but I have to add some # worthy pics. I really use it so my dog friends can get pics of my dogs without bombarding my FB peeps. I view it as FB with the stuff I really want to see (ya know, rather than a daily synopsis of what people ate and how they worked out...)
  • I'll like but mine is private so feel free to add
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Love this idea! So if I have my IG on private can you see my hashtags or no?

• TRS48 said:

Love this idea! So if I have my IG on private can you see my hashtags or no?

No. Mine was private and they couldn't see mine. So I changed it.

• @am7rice oh man that sucks! :( thanks for letting me know!

• Love the idea!
  • I already tag #babyh714 so I'll add whatever. #714babies works for me! (Also, feel free to add me :) )

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm down! Just let me know what you ladies want to tag stuff as :)
    Chase Alexander 12-11-01
    Sierra Nicole 6-15-05
    Avery Lyn 8-2-12
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I followed the three people I found using it and added the hashtag #tbjuly2014 to all my baby related posts. If you all decided to use a different hashtag, please lemme know.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"