I'm not dead... — The Bump
Dads & Dads-to-be

I'm not dead...

Another apology for my absence is in order >.<  Things are getting increasingly crazy here...My wife is still going to school and working, I'm working second shift and taking care of things with my in-laws (mother-in-law isn't very healthy right now..so doing odds and ends for her...helping her babysit etc.) and on top of that, planning for impending baby showers, getting the nursery squared away, and trying to make sure everything is falling into place...-insert frantic scream here-.

Good news, Wifey and Baby are doing well....We are doing a 3D/4D U/S tomorrow at 4...Wifey also has her Gestational Diabetes screening tomorrow morning at 9:45.  Not excited about the hour long wait, but I am excited about seeing what my little bear looks like.
Salem Rowan Theoden born a healthy Beltane Baby!  May 1st
8lbs 6.5oz and 21in long

Re: I'm not dead...

• Good Luck with the screening tomorrow.  My wife went through GD during her pregnancy, so let me know if you need any insights.  I know for my wife, it was really an eye opening experience in terms of diet and overall health.  She was cleared once the preganancy was done, but her diet habits remain changed from that experience.

LIfe is busy, dude.  You will adjust and adapt accordingly, we all do.  Keep in mind, once the boy is born, for the first ten months are like a vacation compared to when the toddler stage approaches.  Something to look forward to. 

• ladyjenna13ladyjenna13 member
    edited January 2014

Yeah, @Jack9.....your life is about to change dramatically.  Once they start crawling/walking, parenting takes a whole different turn.  My son actually runs away from us now whenever we try to put his coat on, or shoes, or anything he doesn't want to do at that moment in time.

Toddlers are fuckin' crazed, dude!

Wulfgar
  • Loading the player...
  • Jack9 said:

Good Luck with the screening tomorrow.  My wife went through GD during her pregnancy, so let me know if you need any insights.  I know for my wife, it was really an eye opening experience in terms of diet and overall health.  She was cleared once the preganancy was done, but her diet habits remain changed from that experience.

LIfe is busy, dude.  You will adjust and adapt accordingly, we all do.  Keep in mind, once the boy is born, for the first ten months are like a vacation compared to when the toddler stage approaches.  Something to look forward to. 

oh fuck me. LO is 10 months old on Saturday, so this was the easy part? shiiiiiiiiiit

It's hard to compare. You go from, "why are you crying" to trying to make sure they behave and then when they start to understand you get into the tricky balancing act of discipline. Once you reach that stage you look back and think maybe holding a crying baby wasn't so bad, but it's really just different. Harder for some, easier for others and probably depends on the kid.
    [Deleted User]
  • ladyjenna13ladyjenna13 member
    edited January 2014

Totally depends on the kid.  There are some other toddlers in my family, and some of them are off the hook with their antics.  Our son is a very good little boy most of the time, so when he does meltdown it is normally a high quality one.  Lately, he has been melting down at bedtime, so that has been great fun.

He has a cousin a few months older that goes into instant meltdown mode whenever anyone but his mother holds him.  Wildest thing I ever saw. But I question the father's skills, so I can see why his son does that. 

• In my little experience I have noticed that good babies make good kids and difficult babies make difficult kids.

On the other hand though, good parents can make good kids and bad parents can make bad kids. A lot can depend on the combination of parent and child so you really can have anything in between.

SpapeggyWulfgar
  • Well said @polooo27.  Thanks everyone for the well wishes, advice, and horror stories ;)  Sorry it took so long to respond...apparently I got caught up in an IP Ban of another member so I was banned for no reason.  >.<
    Salem Rowan Theoden born a healthy Beltane Baby!  May 1st
    8lbs 6.5oz and 21in long
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards