Parenting
Options

Advice?

I'm running into a meeting but I just got a call from my mom.

I got a bill under my name at my parent's address. It's for three hospital visits at their local hospital in December.

It was not me.

They're sending me images of the bills, and I'll call tomorrow, but does anyone have advice or tips or warnings about addressing this?

image image

Re: Advice?

• Options
    How common is your name?
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • Options
    Woah. Creepy.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    because it didn't fucking snow enough for me to build my own
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    LuckyDad said:

How common is your name?

It was my maiden name, which is fairly common, but that was not the last legal address for that name and it was addressed directly to their address. I haven't lived there in six years and never went to that hospital.

image image
  • Options
    If you've never been to that hospital I would assume it is some kind of theft. Like pp said, check your credit report and such. 

Had you been to the hospital, under that name/address, I would guess just an error in billing/charts. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    because it didn't fucking snow enough for me to build my own
  • Options
    LuckyDad said:

LuckyDad said:

How common is your name?

It was my maiden name, which is fairly common, but that was not the last legal address for that name and it was addressed directly to their address. I haven't lived there in six years and never went to that hospital.
    They may be trying to collect on a bill from someone with the same name and are grasping at straws.
    I had this happen with just my first initial and last name. These people wouldn't believe I wasn't this other person. They kept calling and calling and then they started getting hostle. I got rid of my home phone.

But I'd still contact the credit companies and maybe even the hospital.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  • Options
    LexiLupin said:

Is the bill straight from the hospital or coming from an insurance provider?

The hospital.

image image
  • Options
    LuckyDad said:

LuckyDad said:

How common is your name?

They may be trying to collect on a bill from someone with the same name and are grasping at straws.

If the bill is from this past December would they already be grasping at straws?

image image
  • Options
    I would contact the hospital and check my credit report. Consider putting a freeze on your credit until this is resolved or you are certain this was only due to hospital error.

I hope it was just a mix up and is resolved quickly.
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/1e/60/2a/1e602a4261a90b9c761ebe748b780318.jpg    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/47/2c/07/472c076006afed606241716dd0db828a.jpg 
  • Options
    Medical identity theft is actually a big thing. You don't hear about it as much, but it is just as prevalent. Technically, the hospital should have gotten some kind of picture ID from this person. It will be hard for them to impact your credit if they didn't provide your social security number.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"