Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Is there such a thing as too much sleep

Hey everyone,

My son just turned 10 weeks yesterday and for the last week has wanted to sleep ALL THE TIME. His eating habits haven't changed, so I don't think he's in a growth spurt. It just seems like he can't get enough sleep and is cranky until I put him down for a nap. He wakes up early, so he has an early to mid-morning nap that lasts around an hour. Then he has a late morning nap that can last around 3 hours. Sometimes I have to wake him up from this. Sometimes, not all the time though, he'll have an afternoon nap that will also be quite lengthy. In addition to this he sleeps about 6-7 hours a night (He's currently over 12 lbs and we were told it was ok to let him sleep through the night if he wanted to. Believe me, there could not have been more rejoicing.). Last night he went down at 9 and didn't wake up until 5. He was born at 9 1/2 lbs, and the doctor said he would be a sleepy baby for awhile, but I didn't think it would be for this long. Should I be worried or is this normal? I'm a first time mom and have a tendancy to hit the panic button sometimes, so any advice on whether we need to get this checked out or if I need to cool down would be helpful. Thanks!

Re: Is there such a thing as too much sleep

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"