July 2013 Moms

UO Thursday

124»

Re: UO Thursday

• Meimsx said:
    Am I the only one that would freaking kick the chicken?? It's attacking me I'll kick the crap out of that thing. Heartless meat eater over here.

Nope I'd kick a chicken too!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Im only on page two..but Im at work and the radio station thats on is having a discussion about heroin and rehab and addictions. Kinda weird considering what I am reading.
    July 13 Siggy Challenge December'14: Christmas/Holiday Movie
    Bonus: Ugly Sweater

photo 89022d03-637e-4c13-aa0a-686e2c5d2bd8_zps58cec4a3.png
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Maybe we should take it slow on the whole decriminalization of drugs..  Probably not wise to jump into something so complex.. See how it goes with MJ and go from there?

I dunno.. I can't get behind legal heroin/meth/crocodrilo (or WTFE it is called)..  I like more support for addicts and less jail time for non-dealers, but that doesn't mean make it legal.

Also, and this might be an ignorant statement for whatever reason.. if so please forgive me!... but haven't we established that just because laws can't prevent something doesn't mean they shouldn't be there???
    Our little Sweetpea 
    photo 62d4d618-8ee8-46d9-ae5d-705799d4d9da.jpg

BFP #1 04/27/12 | blighted ovum, m/c 05/30/12 @ ?? weeks, D&C 06/01/12 BFP #2 11/06/12 | DD born 07/10/13 BFP #3 10/07/13
  • @Meimsx I do kick it and I usually carry a stick, lol.
  • littlelegslolittlelegslo member
    edited February 2014
    You know what, rabbits are dicks. My grandparents had bunnies and one bit me so hard it took a chunk out of my ankle. We ate it for Easter. Irony? Check B-)
    H born 07/02/2013
  • Laurendag said:
    What is an upside down macchiato?
    Instead of layering the expresso on top you put it in the cup first and pour the milk over it. The milk an expresso mix together instead of the expresso sitting on top like it would in a traditional macchiato.
    wow this sounds yummy... Damn changing my lifestyle is hard, but I have to stay focused and skip  over these food threads..There's a starbucks around the corner....

imageimage

• I really dislike (almost hate) chick fil a. Gross!

We were friends at the start of this thread, and now it is like I don't even know you.

Aw come on @chunkymonkeylvr , we can't agree on everything. Please don't hate me! :-S
  • I just saw that starz is making a series based on the Outlander series. I couldn't even get through the first book. Yuck. The show looks like crap, too. :-q
  • I don't think it's anyone else's business how much someone else has had to drink. As long as that person isn't being irate or obnoxious and they aren't driving it's none of your business. And you have no right to sit at your table and count how many glasses of wine someone has had
    Unless you've promised to keep them from getting their 14th DWI. ;)
    Our little Sweetpea 

BFP #1 04/27/12 | blighted ovum, m/c 05/30/12 @ ?? weeks, D&C 06/01/12 BFP #2 11/06/12 | DD born 07/10/13 BFP #3 10/07/13
  • I want these and I think it's stupid that they have to be so many points on weight watchers. I'm not sure which part is an UO or if I should have saved that for tomorrow but if I eat one I know those four pounds I've lost in two weeks would go right back on my big butt. https://www.littledebbie.com/www/docs/164.89/cosmic-cupcakes

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • Meimsx said:
    I want these and I think it's stupid that they have to be so many points on weight watchers. I'm not sure which part is an UO or if I should have saved that for tomorrow but if I eat one I know those four pounds I've lost in two weeks would go right back on my big butt. https://www.littledebbie.com/www/docs/164.89/cosmic-cupcakes
    OMG!  I love the brownies....... oh no....
    Our little Sweetpea 

• Laurendag said:

@JStahl678--I have repeatedly admitted to being a Starbucks addict on here!  In a grande latte there are two shots of espresso and in a Venti there are also two shots, unless you ask  for a third shot.  Some days I just need that third shot!  Not often though.  Also, I believe there is actually more caffeine in a regular/drip 8 oz cup of coffee than in 2 shots of espresso...you can see I am totally rationalizing here, hehehe :)

Do this, you will thank me!

Quad Venti
    Upside down
    Caramel Macchiato
    At children's temperature (135*F)

It will change your liiiiiiiife!

Or
    Quad vanilla latte, kids temp, caramel on top. Same thing but cheaper.

The barista in me laughs when people get an upside down macchiato.
    Pssssssst I used to work at Starbucks. It's not terribly cheaper anymore because they charge you 50 cents for the drizzle ;)

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• @laurendag I also worked at Peet's. Coffee recipes are burned into my brain. :P

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• arlingirl said:
    I just saw that starz is making a series based on the Outlander series. I couldn't even get through the first book. Yuck. The show looks like crap, too. :-q

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monster Truck (It's a GIRL!) is due 19/02/2015!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Laurendag said:

@JStahl678--I have repeatedly admitted to being a Starbucks addict on here!  In a grande latte there are two shots of espresso and in a Venti there are also two shots, unless you ask  for a third shot.  Some days I just need that third shot!  Not often though.  Also, I believe there is actually more caffeine in a regular/drip 8 oz cup of coffee than in 2 shots of espresso...you can see I am totally rationalizing here, hehehe :)

Do this, you will thank me!

Quad Venti
    Upside down
    Caramel Macchiato
    At children's temperature (135*F)

It will change your liiiiiiiife!

Or
    Quad vanilla latte, kids temp, caramel on top. Same thing but cheaper.

The barista in me laughs when people get an upside down macchiato.
    I don't drink coffee, why do you get something kids temp? To be able to drink it faster or something? Just wondering :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My little love was born July 20th, 2013!

BFP 11.11.12

TTC #1 Since March 2012

• All this barista talk! I worked at Starbucks for 3 years. Those recipes are burned into my brain as well. Wanna talk barista pet peeves? ;) gotta love the people who order venti drinks and ask for two tall cups to split the drink... lol
  • TheLittleRedMTheLittleRedM member
    edited February 2014
    Ugh. Worst thing ever was having to work at our mall kiosk location on payday weekends. I'm not saying this as a stereotype or any sort of racial issue, but the Natives who would come spend all their money at the mall would order five drinks, change at least two drink orders halfway through, and then only tip their $.15 of change IF they tipped. As a rule, I'd rather not be tipped than get anyone's $.15 change.
    I know tipping someone who gets paid hourly doesn't always seem important to most people, but that's the money I used for dinner so I could save more of my paycheck for new snow tires.
    Married 12.20.2010
    BFP#1: 11.22.2012 EDD: 7.22.2013 DS Born 7.24.2013
    BFP#2: 11.26.2014 EDD: 7.25.2015 *chemical confirmed 12.08.14*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • And let's not get started on the people who act like they know what a cappuccino is and then get offended by getting foam in their drink
    Married 12.20.2010
  • Ugh. Worst thing ever was having to work at our mall kiosk location on payday weekends. I'm not saying this as a stereotype or any sort of racial issue, but the Natives who would come spend all their money at the mall would order five drinks, change at least two drink orders halfway through, and then only tip their $.15 of change IF they tipped. As a rule, I'd rather not be tipped than get anyone's $.15 change. I know tipping someone who gets paid hourly doesn't always seem important to most people, but that's the money I used for dinner so I could save more of my paycheck for new snow tires.

@TheLittleRedM - Honest question... Would you rather I keep my change than put it in the tip cup? I'm thinking about what I do at Dunkin or other places with a tip cup, but where they aren't actually bringing drinks/food to my table. Sometimes it's just coins, other times it is a dollar bill...depends on how I'm feeling and my experience there.
    Trying for #2 since November 2015

DS #1 - 7/25/13

• @LauraC122--Denver was one of the first places they piloted the gold card program and I have one of the original gold cards from 2008--it's white and so pretty! I get props from people who have been a barista for awhile :) I need to get a life. @rmnam1, oh no you didn't. How can you not like cats?!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Wait, you tip baristas? How? Does it say that on the receipt? Do you hand the receipt back? I'm so confused!!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    because it didn't fucking snow enough for me to build my own
  • @anr02 Oh please come work in my group then! We are working on a semester long research study for a research methods in psych class and agh I just don't have the patience to work with people who just can't get with it. I'm about to just say I'll run all of the participants myself to make sure it's done right!

@stephyfaith I..I just..I can't understand? Hate chikfila?! I could eat it at least once a day seven days a week probably and never get sick of it. When I was pregnant I craved it all.the.time.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Yaybaby01 said:

@anr02 Oh please come work in my group then! We are working on a semester long research study for a research methods in psych class and agh I just don't have the patience to work with people who just can't get with it. I'm about to just say I'll run all of the participants myself to make sure it's done right!

@stephyfaith I..I just..I can't understand? Hate chikfila?! I could eat it at least once a day seven days a week probably and never get sick of it. When I was pregnant I craved it all.the.time.

@yaybaby01 I used to eat there often and a couple years ago I just got completely disgusted by fast food. It's not like I had a bad experience or anything, but I just started having major pregnant lady aversions to fast food of all kinds (minus chipotle) and I wasn't even pregnant! Lol DH loves him some chick fil a.
  • Rmnam1 said:
    All this barista talk makes me nostalgic for when I worked at Arabica. That was such a great job!

we had an Arabica on our college campus... mmmm... mmmm... I sometimes miss college.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• @yaybaby01 I really could help you out because I'm a psychologist.  Too funny!  I hope your group gets it together! 
  • @shara3333 Honestly, most change is fine but I'd rather get the tip because my customer appreciated the drink I made them than get one just because they didn't want the $.15 in their pocket. Since tipping is not as important when you're making at least minimum wage, I like thinking that I'm getting tipped because I made a great drink and I did it in a timely fashion. I gladly accept any tip but I prefer those given because someone is happy with my service.
    Married 12.20.2010
  • @rmnam1 Don't forget penis coladas and getting caught in the rain.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• I know I'm late to the game, but I feel the need to throw in my 10 cents today.

1. I too dislike cats. Kittens are cute. Cats freak me out. Fun fact: my DH calls me Cat, like it's my name.

2. The only upside I've found to my BM drying up is that soon I'll be able to have all the caffeine I want. Venti vanilla latte this woman up!

3. As the daughter of a cocaine addict who was dragged to the worst parts of town so her mom could score, let me tell you that there is NO reason coke should be legalized. I know first hand what it does to people.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"