November 2012 Moms

Spinach Recipes/Orange Juice

shella923shella923 member
edited February 2014 in November 2012 Moms
Anyone have any good spinach recipes for LO? I tried some frozen spinach with M...she wasn't too crazy.  She LOVES Dr. Praeger's Spinach littles but I'd rather something we can all eat.  Maybe she didn't like it because it was previously frozen? It seemed like it was hard for her to chew. I used to HATE spinach as a kid but now I love it!

As for OJ...I haven't offered this to M yet.  Would like to be able to give her some calcium-enriched OJ.  Does it matter which brand? Is there a "healthiest" one?

Thank you!

Re: Spinach Recipes/Orange Juice

• Thanks @uconnhuskie007 and LOVE your siggy pics!
  • I second the 50% water, 50% OJ.  Both boys love their OJ like that.
    As for spinach, have you tried a spinach lasagna of sorts? We had a spinach artichoke lasagna the other night and the boys completely cleaned their plates.
    I: November 2011 
    M: November 2012
  • Loading the player...
  • We occasionally give DD 100% oj.  This is the only juice we give 100% without any water.  Typically, she'll just get 2-3 oz and it's either Florida Natural or some fresh squeezed juice that my mom will buy.  She really likes it and the extra sugar without it being diluted hasn't seemed to make a difference.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't feel the need for juice. He doesn't need it. I've put spinach in soup and he likes that.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    imageimage
  • so our LO is pretty anemic, so we give her spinach smoothies...which sounds gross, but they are actually kind of tasty. We blend spinach, water, banana, avocado, carrots, blueberries together. She loves it.

For a real taste of spinach, we usually wilt it with pasta or chicken.
  • I'm same as @hummingbirdbaby3 no need for us to do juice yet, sammie gets calcium from her diet (if not milk then cheese, yogurt etc) .  I really am hoping that she is a kid who LOVES water because I was NOT that child.  We avg about 8-14 oz of water a day right now

(sorry I know this has nothing to do with the OP's question)

As for spinach have you tried raw baby spinach?  A few times we have put raw spinach on her tray and she will eat it.. or in her eggs for breakfast ... wait till the end of cooking and toss shredded baby spinach in

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• @unconnhuskie007 looks yummy ! Will try this weekend!
  • I squeeze two oranges in the morning and give her he juice. If I'm out I might give her bottled juice from a brand with no added sugar, Chemicals etc. as for spinach I like it fresh, just sautée it with olive oil and garlic and it's really soft. LO likes it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"