Parenting
Options

Am I the Grinch of Vday?!

DS goes to child care tues-fri 9-5 except when he's in the preschool classroom tues/thur 12-2:30. The preschool is always taught by the same lady and helper. The child care schedule is split between mon/wed/fri (one lady plus helpers) and tue/thur (different lady plus same helpers)  

His preschool class is having a party Thursday the 13th. I will be attending and bringing Valentine's cards/candy for DS to pass out to his friends. His child care is having a party Friday the 14th. I will not attend, but will send cards/candy to pass out to his friends. Today I receive an email saying that the child care teacher who teaches tues/thur wants to have a party for the kids on Thursday the 13th and to please bring cards/candy to pass.

WTF? Am I just the fucking Grinch or is this a little Vday overkill??   

Re: Am I the Grinch of Vday?!

• Options
    I'm voting overkill. That's a lot for Valentine's Day IMO.
    Lilypie - (KNqh)
  • Options
    right? 
    Like 2 parties is a lot but whatever... preschool/daycare. 
    But 3? come on. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD's preschool wouldn't even give me the first names of the kids in her class. She just has to bring blank valentines....boring.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    It's a little bit much, but it's nice they all want to do something for the LOs.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Options
    I'm not that into Valentine's Day for small children. Giving everyone a valentine is the only thing that's fair, but it makes it sort of a parody. And all that sugar!
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • Options
    I love Valentine's day but I think 3 parties is a bit much. I guess everyone just wants to have their own party?

Our Little Raspberry Born 3/27/12
  • Options
    LuckyDad said:
    I'm not that into Valentine's Day for small children. Giving everyone a valentine is the only thing that's fair, but it makes it sort of a parody. And all that sugar!
    dude, right? 

DS picked out TMNT vday cards. Thankfully they came with erasers. 
  • Options
    OhBenji said:
    chapski said:
    LuckyDad said:
    dude, right? 

DS picked out TMNT vday cards. Thankfully they came with erasers. 
    I would be that mom that packs carrots, grapes and healthy snacks as a Valentine's treat. LOL..
    Same. There's usually a sign up sheet, although I haven't seen it yet, for stuff to bring for the party. So I'll be sending Vday cards-which come with erasers and probably a snack (ds asked for apples. So probably apples and grape packs...maybe some cheese too if I'm feeling frisky) 
  • Options
    I didn't realize Valentine's Day was such a big deal.  I sent DD with some cute Mickey and Minnie cards last year, and she came home with these ridiculous Pinterest-y cards and candies.  Guess I need to step up my game this year.
  • Options
    Wait, you aren't allowed to have the names of the kids in your Kid's class??

I'm the opposite of @LuckyDad, I only care about V Day now that I have a kid. It will be fun to do all the heart shaped shit and give candy and write Valentines for the class and stuff once he's old enough to care. I could not care less about celebrating V Day with DH and he feels the same.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
                                         DS is 1DAF

"I realize I say the word fuck a lot, and I'd like to apologize but I don't give a shit." -Lewis Black
  • Options
    Three parties is a bit much. DS does have a party at his daycare. We are doing store bought valentines and signed up to bring popcorn to his party.
  • Options
    Are these the same kids in his child care classes? So two parties for the same class of kids, just with a different teacher? Waaaay overboard.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• Options
    SmootchySmootchy member
    edited February 2014
    Estwd2 said: Are these the same kids in his child care classes? So two parties for the same class of kids, just with a different teacher? Waaaay overboard. Yeah, I'm a little lost. Sounds like 2 parties for the same class. I don't get how that happened.

It pretty much is. The tues/thur teacher doesn't want to "miss out" on the vday party. I think she should just bring cookies or whatever treat/
    her valentine for the kids on thursday if she can't make it to the party friday. Asking the kids to bring in 2 cards for the same group of kids is dumdumdumdum... 

Edited: tried to fix format
  • Options
    That's overkill...the teacher who is missing out can bring a little snack for the kids to celebrate. I wouldn't be buying another set of Valentines.
  • Options
    If it is just for the teacher, it's unecessary. It just reminds me of grandma missing her granchild's first birthday so throws him another one herself (I know it might be close to an apple orange comparison but this is what it reminds me of).
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"