December 2013 Moms
Options

Moby wrap

I was thinking of getting a wrap or something to wear the baby. I've done some research and thought the moby wrap was pretty cool. I would only be able to get in in March and by then my baby will be almost 16 weeks. Is it worth getting it then? Will he outgrow it too fast? Do any if you have any other suggestions?
We have something similar to the ergo carrier but I was more interested in getting a wrap or sling.

Re: Moby wrap

• Options
    I agree with SailorTink -the moby wrap is kind of difficult to put on. It always seems to be either too tight or too loose when I try to use it. Someone posted something about the Infantino Sync wrap the other day. It looks like the same idea as the moby but less complicated. If I go for another wrap, that is probably what I will get.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I just ordered the infantino sync wrap and it comes in tomorrow. You can go to their website and watch the how-to video. It looks much simpler than the moby. It works for babies up to 36 lbs so you may still get good use out of a wrap/sling if you get it at 16 weeks.

Displaying photo.JPGDisplaying photo.JPG
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You can use it for a while. I will have to check to see exactly when . I had recieved one at my baby shower in November . It is definetly not that complicated once you read the directions and follow them. The issue I have is that it is so long ! If I was out and didn't need it for the first part if the day but then wanted to use it later you would literally have to drag it all over the ground to put it on. I feel like that would be disgusting in a parking lot. I do agree with suzalie that the few times I did use it one time it became to loose and others I made it to tight but I think with time you could fix that with practice . There are videos on you tube that you can watch that will show you multiple holds with different size children.
  • Options
    I love my Moby wrap. I use it almost every day. My BFF also loved hers and used it when they visited us over the summer to hike with her 19 month old. It does take a minute to get on and isn't for everyone.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    The Moby works best when babies are small because it is a stretchy wrap and it's not safe to do back carries. At 16 weeks you're probably better off looking into a woven wrap or something like the maya ring sling.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Up to 35lbs. I use it all the time. Takes a min to learn the wraps, but it's not that complicated.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I just got my infantino sync yesterday! I'm in love with it! I couldn't figure out the moby with DD but this one is a lot easier and he feels really secure. The straps are kind if long because the have to wrap like the moby so I'm not sure how putting it on before going into a store would work but I'm using mine for home
  • Options
    I love my moby! Once you figure out how to wrap it, it takes seconds to put on. I think it goes up to a decent weight too. But I'm not 100% sure on that
    Pregnancy Ticker image image
  • Options
    Thanks! I will take a look at the infantino sync. I am looking for something easy.... I am glad I will s till be able to use it for a while
  • Options
    CbowlCbowl member
    edited February 2014
    I have the k'tan and it's super easy to use. It's almost a pre wrapped wrap and starts out as two connected loops of fabric. Really easy and super secure.
    Baby Girl Cbowl born 12/2013.   Love love love.

• Options
    I wouldn't get it that late. You can still use it, but I think the material starts stretching too much when they get heavier. I'd go for an Ergo or Boba at that point,

• Options
    I love mine and so does LO. It's really easy once you get the hang of it. It's good up to 35 lbs, but I think I'll be switching to something else around 5-6 months that's a little more structured. I'm looking at the kindercarry.
  • Options
    i have the baby k'tan also. i love it. like pp said, it's a pre-wrapped wrap, so it's super easy to use.
  • Options
    The Moby does take a minute to put on, but DS seems to love how soft and stretchy it is. I also have an Ergo and a Boba. I love the Boba. It is really easy to get on, and you don't need a special infant insert with it. I also want to get a woven ring sling, as that seems the fastest way to do a quick hip carry with a bigger baby at home. You might want to see if you can borrow or try a friends wrap/carrier first. It can get expensive to buy and do trial and error. :)
    DD born March 2011
    DS born Dec 10, 2013
  • Options
    I vote ring sling! Once I started using it, I put away the moby and never looked back. I use the ergo too, they really have different uses. The ergo is bulky and better for grocery shopping, walking outside, etc. not comfy to sit down with it, IMO. the ring sling I mostly wear around the house, cooking, sitting on the couch.

• Options
    I love my Moby! I learned how to breastfeed in it too. It's great. It only took me three or four attempts to get it down. YouTube videos are your friends.

Pic is breastfeeding in the Moby.
  • Options
    Just got my infantino sync. Apparently my 13.5 lb two month old is too big to be carried in the infant position. I guess I will have to wait til she holds her head up and wraps her legs around me to use it :( Did I mention she hates it? Total fail...definitely try it out before you buy.

Displaying photo.JPGDisplaying photo.JPG
  • Options

I love my Moby! I learned how to breastfeed in it too. It's great. It only took me three or four attempts to get it down. YouTube videos are your friends.

Still haven't got that down yet... I must tie it too tight because his head is nowhere near low enough to reach my nipple.
  • Options

Still haven't got that down yet... I must tie it too tight because his head is nowhere near low enough to reach my nipple.
    You have to make the x cross lower and instead of in the center of your body, have the x on the side you plan to nurse from. Again, YouTube is your friend.
  • Options

You have to make the x cross lower and instead of in the center of your body, have the x on the side you plan to nurse from. Again, YouTube is your friend.
    I've tried YouTube, but I just haven't had success with getting it to work. Glad it worked for you though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"