January 2013 Moms
Options

Need to vent somewhere..sorry ladies

Sorry, I just need to vent somewhere and do not know where else to turn. I do not know if it is the weather and being stuck indoors forever or what, but I have been so down lately. A lot of it is how I feel about myself at the moment. I lost most of my baby weight ( all but maybe 4 pounds) and was feeling awesome about myself. Lately though I feel so gross and like nothing looks good on me. I have not changed or increased what I eat, so I do not know what is up. DH has never been the kind to randomly give me compliments so I get no boost there. Whenever I ask him how I look I always get good. Really!? Come on! It was so much easier to get dressed when I was pregnant, who cared what my belly looked like? Outside of that work is stressful as always with stupid drama that makes me feel like I am back in high school. I am having to be a messenger between my parents and brother because he is making some decisions my parents are not happy about so I get both ends. I get the tension from both, but I am just the messenger because for some reason he will tell me things he will not tell my parents. Ugggg maybe I just need some sun and to see something green again..who knows. If you made it all the way through, thanks for "listening."
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Need to vent somewhere..sorry ladies

• Options
    Ive kinda been in a rut myself the last few days. Sorry your not feeling so "good".
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Girl, I feel ya. Sorry you're dealing with all of that. I, too, feel icky in my clothes lately and my DH is the same way. I don't bother asking him what he thinks because he'll be all "why do you care what I think? My opinion shouldn't matter" because he thinks he's some kind of psychologist or something. Ugh.

Anyway, not trying to hijack, just wanted to say that I get it and I'm sorry. I hope we both get some sunshine and green grass soon!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sounds like a lot. I think the first few years of motherhood are rough: self image, juggling so many tasks, lack of time, lack of energy, still feeling like we are learning how to raise our little ones. Plus all the stress from work, friendships, extended family, money, etc. It's a lot if you think about it. Sounds like you might need a you day or at least a you morning or afternoon to reset. I do that every so often, it's important. 

DH works for his parents and I can relate to how difficult that can be sometimes. It's really rewarding but it can also be very stressful. That has to be the hardest job, working with family.
    (((hugs)))

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Options
    I defiantly go through my ups and downs as well especially in winter. If I could try to suggest something that always helps me would be to try to take some time to go shopping with a friend or by yourself with a coffee and buy yourself something you feel good in. When I'm feeling down I try to spend time outside. I deep breath, smile even if I don't feel like it and think about everything that I'm lucky to have. It helps me to put things in perspective. I hope you feel better soon! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"