Two Under 2
Options

Possible 2 under 2?

How close in age are some of your kiddos? I have a 6 week old. My husband and I really aren't using any protection…he is pulling out. I know that is NO form of birth control. I am actually not against being preggo again and was wondering if anyone has gone through the same thing…so close in age?

Re: Possible 2 under 2?

• Options
    bookworm982bookworm982 member
    edited January 2014
    Are you breastfeeding? For 98% of women, exclusively breastfeeding is effective birth control for six months when following lam guidelines. Of course someone needs to be the 2%. That's me. We didn't prevent even after we knew lam wouldn't work for us because my cycle returned at 3.5 months. My two are 13.5 months apart as a result. This time I'm tandem nursing and my cycle returned at 7 weeks. Not fair!  Thankfully we love having our kids super close in age, so it works out for us in the end.

For what it's worth, if you got pregnant right now you'd have Irish twins (two under one). There are several mom's on this board with Irish twins. Each family has to decide what is right for them.
    Mommy to N (3), J (2), and C (10 months). LO4 is due in mid-September.
  • Options
    I am formula feeding.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I BF for a month after DS was born, but I don't think I ever established a supply so my cycle came back around 6 weeks.  

My babies will be just about 13 months apart and we are really excited about how close they will be ;)
    Married 6.23.12
    Baby #1 5.10.13
    Baby #2 6.9.14
    Baby #3 EDD 10.1.15
    Life is good :)

• Options

I am formula feeding.
    It sounds like you might be joining this board soon then. :) It's a fun ride! I love having two so close in age, and it's been a significantly easier transition than I imagined it would be, perhaps because we were still in baby mode when #2 joined us. We are probably going to stop preventing next month because we want all of our kids spaced 2u2.
    Mommy to N (3), J (2), and C (10 months). LO4 is due in mid-September.
  • Options
    My 2 were Irish twin babies! 3 days shy of a year! We love having them close!! So much so that we are now pregnant with #3!
    Loss #1: 18w5d.. D&E 04Mar03 BFP #2: Jun2011.. missed miscarriage. D&C 08Jul2011 8w4d. BFP #3: Nov2011.. Our Rainbow Baby!!! DS Born: 15Jul2012! BFP #4: Nov2012.. 2U1 - DS2 born 12Jul2013.  BFP #5: 01Jan2014..3U3!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My blog about raising 2U2!
  • Options
    michelle04usmichelle04us member
    edited January 2014
    My youngest 2 are irish twins as well. Got pregnant at 8 weeks pp after a drunken night with no kiddos(forgot to use condoms). As I found out later you are more fertile right after giving birth so if you are not using any kind of protection except pull and pray you will more than likely will be joining our board soon. 
    That being said. Even though it was surprising and I was in shock for about the first 2 weeks after my BFP we are now 7 1/2 months in and I wouldn't change it for the world. Well, maybe not having sleep regressions happening at same time and teething happening at same time but nothing else. LOL
                           SD(13) DS(10) DS(4) DS(3)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    thank you everyone. Did you ladies find the second pregnancy go by faster?
  • Options
    thank you everyone. Did you ladies find the second pregnancy go by faster?
    Lightening fast!
    Loss #1: 18w5d.. D&E 04Mar03 BFP #2: Jun2011.. missed miscarriage. D&C 08Jul2011 8w4d. BFP #3: Nov2011.. Our Rainbow Baby!!! DS Born: 15Jul2012! BFP #4: Nov2012.. 2U1 - DS2 born 12Jul2013.  BFP #5: 01Jan2014..3U3!!

• Options
    im guessing no one used BC
  • Options
    im guessing no one used BC
    Ours was semi-planned.. we knew we wanted close, and went with the NTNP method.. just so happens we got a BFP right away.  A little closer than we had thought it would happen, but we were well aware that it was a possibility.. I wasn't on BC because I wasn't trying to prevent.

• Options
    Not trying not protecting.. So I wasn't charting, using OPKs, etc.. But we weren't using any protection.. If it happened, it happened.

• Options
    Our 2U2 was planned :) I agree that the second pregnancy goes by SO much quicker...

I feel like I just found out yesterday...and I have my anatomy scan next week already!
    Married 6.23.12
    Baby #1 5.10.13
    Baby #2 6.9.14
    Baby #3 EDD 10.1.15
    Life is good :)

• Options
    thank you! i think i got my period :( maybe next month!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    My kiddos are 12.5 months apart. Like in your case dh was pulling out because we weren't opposed to having another so soon but we weren't going to actively ttc until ds was nine months old. For us it happened quicker than anticipated. In many ways I was glad we got pregnant sooner than later. Ds was still napping a lot in first tri so I got a lot of rest. I felt ds was really challenging from 18-26 months but 9-18 months were probably the easiest in parenting thus far. When I was juggling the frequent feedings of an infant he was very content to explore his playroom. I think him being blissfully ignorant worked to our advantage--I think if he were older we would have experienced some jealousy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    it took 2 years for me to get pregnant with DD1, will it be hard with the second?
  • Options
    we never ever used protection
  • Options
    Honestly everyone is so different! After DD1 we tried a couple forms of BC and didn't like them so stopped in October got pregnant in Feb with a NTNP mind set that has continued. We had a 23 month gap followed by 18 month gap and now working on a 16 month gap. But I breastfeed for at least the first year so my periods don't return until 4-6 months PP which may be different for you.
    Me - J.R. - 05/1986
    DH - J.I. - 08/1986
    Married - 09/22/2006
    DD#1 - A.E. - 12/15/2009
    DD#2 - N.R. - 11/07/2011
    DD#3 - S.R. - 05/20/2013
      DS - R.E. - 10/03/2014

Absolutely in love with our 'big' family!

I'm also a proud Auntie to a crazy little girl, her brand new baby sister, a little man on his way in the next month, and a sweet little mister we will miss forever!!!
  • Options
    I'll have 2 kiddos around 19 months apart. I was EBF until 12 months, my cycle never returned, and my supply tanked..because I was pregnant. We weren't preventing. We struggled with infertility issues and it took us 2.5 years to get pregnant with #1..so it was quite a surprise!
  • Options
    My 2u2 were planned. We used condoms and NFP from the time DD1 was born until we started TTC DD2. We started trying again when DD1 was 9 months old and got pregnant the first month so my first two are 18 months apart.

I did feel like my second pregnancy went by faster but DD1 was a very active toddler at that time so I'm sure that's part of it. I was not interested I'm doing the 2u2 thing again, so my second two will be spaced much farther apart (34 months).
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"