Attachment Parenting

Bedsharing and 10 Month Old

Hello! I'm Jen and typically post on the SAHM board. I have a question about bedsharing though and appreciate any input you have. DS is 10.5 months. He sleeps all night in his crib in his own room. Unfortunately, he has a cold right now, so he's been up every couple of hours tonight. I think we would both be getting more sleep if I just brought him in bed with me.

Since we don't typically bedshare, I don't have guardrails and my bed is in the middle of the room. My main concern is that he will roll out of my bed. What are your thoughts? Is it a bad idea because he could roll off? I think I would wake up if he started really moving around. I'm a light sleeper. Of course, I don't want to if it's foolish. DH can move to the guest room to give us more space. Thank you for your advice!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

C  7.16.2008 | L  11.12.2010 | A  3.18.2013

Re: Bedsharing and 10 Month Old

• In the light of day, and after a little sleep, guardrails seem like a smart solution. They aren't that pricey or hard to set up. Thank you for your response!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

C  7.16.2008 | L  11.12.2010 | A  3.18.2013

• Guard rails are best but if it's a short-term plan then simply push the bed against a wall, roll up a long blanket and put it under the sheet against the wall to make a little barrier to keep baby from slipping between the wall and mattress and you sleep on the outside. 

Even easier is to throw the mattress itself on the floor against the wall and have a floor bed for awhile. 

• Loading the player...
  • pixieprincsspixieprincss member
    edited February 2014
    I just did a blog post on bed-sharing with a mobile baby that might be helpful to you. I think that taking some step to protect from a fall gives me peace of mind.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"