High-Risk Pregnancy

Thin Uterine Wall?

I had an emergency CS at 34 weeks due to HELLP Syndrome with my first LO. 10.5 months later I had another emergency CS at 38 weeks. After that CS the doctors told me it'd be very dangerous to get pregnant again and most definitely could not go into labor and even another CS would be risky to baby and I due to the large amount of scar tissue and a very thin uterine wall.

My question is has anyone had a successful pregnancy with a thin uterine wall? The term "uterine rupture" scares me like crazy!!!!
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Thin Uterine Wall?

• Ya, a uterine rupture is nothing to mess with.It was probably so thin because you got pregnant so fast and didn't give it time to heal. You are suppose to wait one year before getting pregnant after a cs so the uterus can heal properly. Maybe if u wait at least 3 years before getting pregnant maybe it could be a little better? Something to ask your dr... you definitely want to use some major birth control now because that uterus needs to heal in the meantime.

I have heard of one person who had one more baby after having a uterine window but then had Her tubes tide to not risk things further. I am not sure how long she waited between kids though. Maybe she got lucky? Who knows.
    BFP #1 (7/13/12) MC (8/14) 9 weeks. D & C 8/17.
    BFP #2 (5/18/13) due 1/26/14. Grow baby grow!
    Its a surprise! Team green!

• I am currently 30 weeks with thin uterine wall due to complications with a septum removal, I have no children.
    I will be having a scheduled csection at 35w6days unless things progress faster. I have been suffering with BH an some contractions which worries my consultant hugely and will hav to have csection earlier if anything progresses.
  • Loading the player...
  • Talk to your doctor.  I had a uterine rupture from a thin uterine wall with my pregnancy with my daughter.  My OB says I was extremely lucky because we were already on the table for a c-section because I'd been contracting for 3 weeks and had started to dilate.  Because she was already opening me for the cesarean, she was able to catch the rupture as it was happening; otherwise we could have both died.  It is no joke. I ruptured along the scar from my previous cesarean.  She was able to double sucher it, knowing we'd want to have more kids.  We were advise to wait 6 months minimum before TTC again, and 18 months before TTC if I wanted any chance at a VBAC.  

I'm currently 25 weeks in with my 3rd, and I've already started exhibiting PTL symptoms.  We're being as careful as we can be, but it's still incredibly worrisome.  Since your youngest is only 4 months old, I'd talk to your OB before TTC again.  You'll want to find out what kind of closure they did, and whether they did any extra reinforcement.  That will determine how long you should wait for the best change at a safe delivery.  
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I have a thin uterine wall from complications from a prior pregnancy.  I actually had to have it repaired, which was able to be done laproscopically or else I would not have been able to have any more children.  I still have to be delivered by c-section early, but maybe this would be an option for you if you want more children.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"