May 2012 Moms

having a kidlette is good for the funny bone

I haven't laughed this much in a long time. Some days, Fifi does the littlest things and starts cracking up. I'm talking full out belly laughs. Her laughter is totally contagious, too. Yesterday, she was making a pfffft sound with her bottom lip and it was blowing her wispy bangs up. She found this hysterical so she kept doing it. We couldn't help but belly laugh along with her. She also disappeared next to the side of the sofa. Suddenly I hear "I'm stuck! I'm stuck!" I walk over and she is on her back between the sofa and a pillow just looking up with a big grin on her face and when I said, "Oh, you're not stuck, silly" she just started laughing which was again contagious. This little munchkin is such a joy.

What are your kidlettes doing that totally cracks you up?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: having a kidlette is good for the funny bone

• Recent incidents:

Trying to put on LO's pajamas, he's saying no to all the pj's offered, even when it's an "or" choice. Finally he's distracted and I manage to get his legs into a pair of pj's. Then he noticed what happened and the next thing I know he's shaking his head no, taking pulling his pj's off and saying "No Truck Jammies" in a very serious tone. Only "truck" comes out "f*ck" and I'm listening to my toddler saying quite calmly and seriously "No f*ckin' jammies" over and over while shaking his head. DH and I lost our ability to maintain a straight face on that one.

• -When we ask her if she's cute she'll tilt her head to the side and say "awwww"
    -When the dogs sneak up to the dinner table or wrestle she'll say "no (inserts dogs name), bad!"
    -She likes to fist bump now. I'm assuming that's from a kid at daycare
    -During her last premolar eruption I had to basically chase her with a Kleenex. She then decided that the cat needed it's not wiped too and would chase the cat, grab it's head, say "OK 1,2,3" then wipe it's nose. I wonder where she got that routine. ;)
    -She's taken to climbing on our Great Pyrenees when he's laying down and riding him like a horse
    -When we laugh but she's not sure what we're laughing about, she'll throw her head back in this really over exuberant fake laugh, which of course makes us laugh harder.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • LOL  these are great!

DD will answer accurately and appropriately when asked...

"E - how did you get so cute?"  "Dada"
    "E - how did you get so smart?"  "Momma"

hahahaha cracks me up every time!!!
  • This is my favorite age so far! LO made up a game where he waves and says bye over and over and walks towards the front door. Then he runs back towards us all of a sudden and jumps at us like 'surprise!' With a huge grin on his face, like 'fooled ya! I'm not leaving!'

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Sophia likes to point at clocks and happily avers, "clock!" Unfortunately, she does not pronounce it with the 'L" in it. Oy! We have tried correcting her to no avail and are considering training her to say "time piece" instead.

• Sophia likes to point at clocks and happily avers, "clock!" Unfortunately, she does not pronounce it with the 'L" in it. Oy! We have tried correcting her to no avail and are considering training her to say "time piece" instead.

Corbin started this this week! I have been correcting him by saying "alarm clock" so hopefully he will add in the extra syllables of "alarm" before his mispronunciation of "clock"!
    BabyFetus Ticker

Corbin | born 4.19.12
    Baby boy #2 | due 4.13.15
  • Lo says mmmm and closes his eyes a when he eats something he likes.
    He also loves to run around with his head kind of tilted, flailing his arms and giggling.
    My favorite us that he recently started counting, he will move things and say syllables like WA, to, tee...anyway he has a sesame st pop up book with the count and his organ so I read the numbers while singing like the organ on sesame st, and yesterday he started to sing his numbers.
    And finally he is the king of I'll trade you. Often I'll get a bag ready to go somewhere and he will replace something he finds interesting with his toy. Dh was looking for his headphones for a week when he found then in lo's toy box, ha!
  • DD's new phrase is "it's stuck". So she goes around the house trying to push/pull/tug/open anything she comes across and if the item doesn't budge she looks at me and says "it's stuck". She also gets this perplexed look on her face when she says it which makes it even more adorable.

Pregnancy Ticker

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"