October 2014 Moms

Husband attending appt?

2»

Re: Husband attending appt?

• He wil probably only come the first time we hear the heartbeat and for th anatomy ultrasound. We work opposite schedules so it is hard for us both to be there.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image image
  • With DD my husband went to most of the appointments, which was great, especially since I was a nervous wreck half the time. This time around I think he'll come to most, but definitely for the ultrasounds!

This was me all the way! H came to every appointment, which was great. This time around I hope he'll come to all, but as long as he comes to the u/s appt's I'll be happy.

[MC 11.20.11] [DS born 9.24.12] [DD born 10.15.14]

• Loading the player...
  • Bbelle88Bbelle88 member
    edited February 2014
    My husbands job is very flexible - he can do whatever he wants. But with that said, I only have him come if there is going to be an u/s to see baby.

Honestly it would be really silly IMO to have your husband come for routine appointments. Pee in a cup, weight check, blood pressure check, listen to HB with Doppler, belly examine, "how you feeling?", and you're done. It's quick, very routine and nothing to see. And actually the appointments can take an annoyingly long time at a busy OB and can be frustrating if you're trying to get back to work.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We are concerned about my complications returning, so depending on the frequency, he'll be there if he can. He or my mom will absolutely be at any later appointments because it's terrifying for me if I get bad news... And I have a horrible memory. Need someone to corroborate on certain things.

PG#1 - 3rd cycle BFP. Team Green. HELLP syndrome @ 34 weeks.
    Later diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, possible link to HELLP.

PG#2 M/C 3/14 - Surprise BFP 2/13. Beta's doubled every 52 hours from 3w5d-5w5d
    Viable pregnancy scan at 5w5d; 2nd u/s showed 2 days of growth in 7 but a HB of 120
    3rd u/s on 3/10/14 had no HB and baby had only grown 7 days over 14
    D&C 3/17/14 - complications - DX Retroflexed uterus, multiple tears to cervix

All Welcome

Chart

• I have more vacation and sick time than he does so it will be harder for him to get off work to go to every one of them. My mom has off during the summer so she might go to some when he cant. I would rather have him take off work when the baby gets here.
  • We are trying to have him there for at least the major stuff.  I definitely want him with me at first appointment(s) if there's a chance of hearing the worst.  And at any u/s of course.  I just switched to a different hospital which is at a most more convenient location to his work.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"