Parenting
Options

Snow day!

Daycare is closed so DS and I are home. I'll be spending a lot of time outside with a happy dog and three year old. We've got at least six inches now.

Who else is snowed in?

image image

Re: Snow day!

• Options
    We've got quite a few inches on the ground and from the sounds of it, its switching over to freezing rain. Ugh. DS's DC is still open, butI'm dreading going out in this.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We have a snow day. All of the districts in our county are shutdown. If we weren't short on salt, I'm sure school wouldn't have been cancelled. I'm less than thrilled. I hope DD takes the boys outside later. I'm just not in the mood today to have 3 kids bouncing around the house.
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/1e/60/2a/1e602a4261a90b9c761ebe748b780318.jpg    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/47/2c/07/472c076006afed606241716dd0db828a.jpg 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    MrsT0514 said:

We've got quite a few inches on the ground and from the sounds of it, its switching over to freezing rain. Ugh. DS's DC is still open, butI'm dreading going out in this.

They just said it'd switch for us about noon.

I'm going to pitch a fit. We moved north and I was so excited about snow and letting DS play and every snow fall has turned into sleet or freezing rain and then warned and been melted by regular rain the next day.

I'd just like enough snow that we can play in it for more than a day before our yard is an icy mess .

image image
  • Options
    We have 4-5 inches.  Work was supposed to open at 1 but they decided to stay closed all day.  DC is open, but I wouldn't be surprised if they closed early.  Not that it matters to us, we are keeping him home with us.  Our snow isn't supposed to change over to rain/ice until much later if at all. 

We will be doing a bunch of snow playing and probably some baking and movie watching today.
    The Book of Love Has Music in it

• Options
    We have ice and I thought for sure work would close, but nope. So, now I'm all pissed stewing at work.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
                                         DS is 1DAF

"I realize I say the word fuck a lot, and I'd like to apologize but I don't give a shit." -Lewis Black
  • Options
    Snowed in here too! But I'm thankful because I went to a 2Chainz concert last night and I really needed today to recover.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    No snow here. Just lots of fucking rain that alternates between freezing and regular. But at least they didn't close schools. I am in no mood for children today.

"Man, be creative. Like the stuff you do. Do nice things. Love respectfully. Laugh a fucking lot. Curse when you feel like it. Life is cool." - Jean Grae

image image
    M (3/9/02) and E (2/28/12)

• Options
    so much snow! Ugh. I am really getting sick of it.

I never minded all this snow pre-child, but getting the kid ready to go out in this is starting to get old. I take back every complaint I made about our mild winter last year.

C is 3 years old

• Options
    My dog is even refusing to go out in this! I opened the door to let her out, she saw the swirling flakes, felt the cold blast of air, and scurried back to bed.

C is 3 years old

• Options
    I'm hoping Dh has a snow day. He's still down stairs with the kids while I bump from bed :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It takes a special amount of bitch to induce menstruation in another person. - LovelyRitaMeterMaid

Rap Roller
  • Options
    Snow day here! Dh is shoveling and then making breakfast. I'm hoping dd takes a nice long nap so I can too.
  • Options
    It's been snowing since last night and we have drifting snow so once again our house looks like it's barricaded for war. But it isn't as bad as the previous storms and DH is out in it working.

Can it be summer now?
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Our snow is really just starting.  Supposed to get 6-10 inches, but no ice that I know of.  I am so over this winter.

image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"