Parenting

16 year old Texas girl "falls" 3000 feet during skydive

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/16-year-old-girl-falls-3000-feet-in-skydiving-accident-and-survives/

Wtf? I thought you had to tandem jump a couple times before you could go by yourself, and at 16??

I don't blame the company though!

Thoughts?

Married 9/28/13    Not TTC but I will love the ladies of the TTGP board forever           

image image

Every time I see this dog, I want it. 

TTGP April siggy challenge
image     Turbo Man

Re: 16 year old Texas girl "falls" 3000 feet during skydive

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • I can't read the article at work but I'm confused by fall being in quotations. Did she really fall? And live?

Harry Styles = Life Ruiner

There’s a lightning in your eyes I can't deny
    Then there’s me inside a sinking boat running out of time
    Without you I'll never make it out alive
    But I know, yes, I know we’ll be alright
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    J. 1.14.13 my reason for breathing 
  • Can you imagine being that instructor and watching her plummet to the ground? I mean what the hell do you do? Bottom line she shouldn't have been allowed to go by herself. I wonder if her mother was there watching her..I can't imagine.

image image

image     Turbo Man

• I can't read the article at work but I'm confused by fall being in quotations. Did she really fall? And live?

I put fall into quotations because she didn't fall out of the plane, she jumped and the parachute malfunctioned. She really lived

image image

image     Turbo Man

• It is a crazy story. I didn't look at your link because, like a PP, it's local news for us. They showed her up walking, with major assistance, and smiling on Monday. It is really crazy that the parents are blaming anyone but themselves. This little girl is incredibly lucky. The doctors are all amazed at her recovery.
  • Her father is such a POS. Take responsibility for your decision, jackass!

C is 3 years old

• pobrecita said:

No, she did not free fall or reach terminal velocity. She was in an uncontrolled descent with a parachute open. I don't know much about skydiving but it wasn't free falling.

Ahh. That makes sense.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It takes a special amount of bitch to induce menstruation in another person. - LovelyRitaMeterMaid

Rap Roller
  • The dad was there, jumping too. What a piece of work! BUT I am glad the girl is OK and I hope she makes a full recovery.

"Robert Swainson, the owner and chief instructor at Pegasus Air Sports Center in Chickasha, defended the company Tuesday. He noted that the father went up with his daughter and was the first to jump."

imageimage 
    TTC #2: My chart
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"