Multiples
Options

BTDT BRU Trade In question

If anyone has done this, do you know if the 25% discount must be used the same day you trade in your old item, or can you wait a few days?
I'm having a hard time finding all of the exclusions.

Thanks!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers  image

Lilypie - (9CKY)Lilypie - (xzY1)

Re: BTDT BRU Trade In question

• Options
    Pretty sure you have to use the coupon the same day
  • Options
    I heard same day.

Baby Boy #1 born 1/15/2010

Babies #2 & #3 arriving Spring 2014 (EDD June 18)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Usually the same day. Instead of trading in good gear you could sell I suggest hitting up garage sales for cheap carseats, strollers, and bouncers.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Married 9/22/07, began TTC 8/10
    Diagnosed with DOR, LP defect, mild endometriosis and cysts
    BFP #1 EDD 9/10/11, natural miscarriage at 6w
    BFP #2 Medicated cycle, twin boys born 4/4/12 at 29w4d
    BFP #3 EDD 8/8/14, D&C for missed miscarriage at 8w, baby boy with triploidy
    BFP #4 June 2014 CP
  • Options
    thanks, ladies!
    I have an 5 yr old HUGE  and very heavy evenflo triumph (with a terribly ripped cover, to boot) that I need out of my basement but I'm so pressed for time with staying in the NICU

I don't want to put this thing out to the curb and DH is on a purge-the-basement hustle while I'm in the NICU. I can't even think of what I still need for "little Ricky"..

Too bad BRU doesn't sell a box of "stress management for crazy moms!"

• Options
    Missa_g said:
    Usually the same day. Instead of trading in good gear you could sell I suggest hitting up garage sales for cheap carseats, strollers, and bouncers.
    yeah, I still have doubles of several necessities from the twins, and I got a great deal on last year's carseat pattern through another website since their infant carriers were pink.

.. I'm debating on a new, base-model crib and giving my old one to my mom so we will have a safe naptime spot for the occasional grandparents' house visit. But BRU is an hour from me, as well as the NICU so I feel guilty for any time wasted when I'm not at the hospital.. kwim?

• Options
    Post bomb (LOL)- if I trade in two car seats, can I use the coupons for 2 swings?
  • Options

Post bomb (LOL)- if I trade in two car seats, can I use the coupons for 2 swings?

Yes, from what I understand there's no limit to how many items you can trade in, and you will get 25% off a new item for each item.

Baby Boy #1 born 1/15/2010

Babies #2 & #3 arriving Spring 2014 (EDD June 18)

• Options
    It can be used any day but they recommend same day because the booklet the give you is non-replaceable and there's no other proof (receipt) you had it
    <3 Delaney. 4.5.12. <3 <br> Photobucket
  • Options
    When is it over?
  • Options

When is it over?
    Feb 17, according to the email I got today.

• Options
    thanks, ladies!
    I have an 5 yr old HUGE  and very heavy evenflo triumph (with a terribly ripped cover, to boot) that I need out of my basement but I'm so pressed for time with staying in the NICU

I don't want to put this thing out to the curb and DH is on a purge-the-basement hustle while I'm in the NICU. I can't even think of what I still need for "little Ricky"..

Too bad BRU doesn't sell a box of "stress management for crazy moms!"

You do have to use it same day, however if you get a friendly manager they can write a "rain check" for you. We did this bc they didn't have the car seat we wanted in stock so rather than lug the huge old car seat we were trading in back, they wrote us the rain check. Good luck!
    Fraternal twin boys born at 33 weeks 4 days Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I will be going in to check to see if they have what I want Instock before I bring in my trade ins. That way if they don't, I'll ask when they restock. If they wot have in time, I'll try a diff location.
  • Options
    LucyRicardo3LucyRicardo3 member
    edited January 2014
    ok, here's the story.. I swear my life really is a sitcom

I called this morning and asked the registry desk if I had to use it (the 25% coupon) on the same day that I bring in the old item. She said yes. So, as anyone on this board knows, these trips can take the planning and intel of a covert military operation. I had to time this trip between pump times, lunch, diaper changes, time to browse the store & checkout, and getting home in time to get the 5 yr old off of the school bus while fighting Atlanta traffic.

So I get there (same store I called earlier), have the girls in the Graco tandem dragging a shopping cart behind me with the behemoth carseat in it, UPHILL, (yes, I aim to entertain the public) and out of breath ask a lady at the help desk where they are processing items for the trade in. She said "customer service" and pointed over to an empty kiosk. A few seconds later and someone from the back of the store came up, handed me a booklet, said Thanks,here ya go, and pulled off the pitiful carseat for me and I was on my way.

Needless to say, I attempted to stroll through the store to see what all was included in the trade in coupon and as soon as the girls saw Doc McStuffins toys in the middle of the aisle, it was all she wrote. Meltdown city. I managed to grab a going home outfit for Little Ricky and checked out and left while the duo were spewing snot and tears everywhere. annnd I still have my coupon, which says it doesn't expire til Feb 17. 

So I guess it depends on what kind of assistance you get when you go to your store, whether someone is hovering over you or if you are scaring people away from you, ,lol...

:-/

• Options
    An FYI too for anyone looking to do the trade in...BRU has a "twins" discount of 10% when you buy two or more of the same big ticket item (2 car seats, 2 cribs, 2 PNPs, etc) in one transaction. I just traded in an old stroller and travel system. They gave me three of the coupon books (apparently they counted the travel system as 2 items), 25% off the seats I bought, plus the twins discount on top of it. We spent $258 total for the two convertible car seats.
    J13 May Siggy Challenge: People lacking in common sense raise my blood pressure.

imageimage
    DD 8/11 | DS1 7/13 | DS2 7/13
  • Options
    I got the email, complete with some 15% off coupons if you don't have something to trade. We're planning on using almost everything that we had with our singleton again for one of the twins, so we'll probably use at least the one coupon for our second infant car seat.
  • Options
    When I did this last year I didn't have to use it the same day. I just got a 25% off coupon with an epxiration date.

6 year old daughter

Fraternal boys born on May 11, 2013 at 36 weeks 4 days

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"