Parenting

PR - Another PT question

What worked for you?
My DS will poop in the potty (and has been for a year now)  - which is great. 

Please share what worked for your son to pee on the potty. We've done the underwear immersion, stickers, candy, he hates it. Standing up or sitting down.
It's a fight. He'll do it (if I carry him) and is happy about it after, but I don't want to traumatize him or make things worse. 

Is it possible he knows when he needs to poop but can't control his pee? I Google'd it and they mentioned it could be a penis/urethra issue. 

Pedi says "no" to that, and not to worry.

I'm just "interested". Not worried. I guess. 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: PR - Another PT question

• Bradley will only pee, not poop. H started by having him pee in a cup in the bath, which they both thought was hilarious.
                                                                  #Bodymber14 #Bodygate #itsMillerTime

Bradley 05-04-11 & Tyler 06-18-13
  • Have you asked him if there's a reason for not peeing on the potty? DS started with poop also, but quickly caught onto peeing in the toliet while wearing underwear.
    Wendy Twins 1/27/06. DS and DD
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies!

@WasNotWas - that IS hilarious. :)

@ppants -  I have asked him, actually. He "can't". Just can't. 
    Logic and all, right?
  • Lol. Huh. I got nothing
  • Books about peeing on the potty?
  • @jessicabcairns  not a bad idea. 

(We've done Cheerios. He's all like 'boooooooooring")
  • He may just not be ready yet? I tried potty training about 6 months ago and it was a disaster, like he would pee 30 seconds after he was on the potty. I tried again about 2 months ago, and it was a completely different story. My kid won't take bribary for potty either (tried stickers, toys, M&Ms, nothing worked). What ended up working for us is a "potty alarm", I set my phone timer to go off every hour (if he doesn't go that hour I reset for 15-30 minutes depending on the last time he peed). That is our "game", he just needs to be told when to go. Also, daycare helps because they line up all the kids in his room to use the potty every hour, so he gets to go with the "big kids". After about 2 weeks of the "potty alarm" he now tells me when he has to go, so I think we are getting there!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"