December 2011 Moms

RFing or FFing in car seat?

Are you RFing or FFing in the car seat? I planned to turn him FF at 2 but he's not complaining so may leave him RFing. Just curious what y'all are doing and how to made your decision.
Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: RFing or FFing in car seat?

• -T--T- member
    Still RFing. He's only 22 pounds and doesn't complain so he's staying that way as long as possible. It's kind of hard to get him in and out of the seat with his far back the seat is and where the van door stops, so I may grow tired of it. It's working so far!
  • Still rear facing here. He isn't fond of the car but he really doesn't know any other way, so I'm keeping him rear facing until at least baby #2 comes along.  Because then there won't be enough room for 2 rear facing seats.

IVF #1: 4-11-11= Transferred 1 beautiful blastocyst I named "Nugget"
    5 Snowbabies! Beta#1 4/21= BFP! 226; Beta#2 4/25= 944
    DS born 12/14/11

Baby #2 FET Nov/Dec 2013

12/13 Beta#1=BFP 349; 12/16 Beta#2=1,089. First ultrasound 12/26. DS#2 born 8/8/14
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
    ~~PAIF/SAIF Always Welcome~~

• Loading the player...
  • Still RF at 31 pounds. He's in a Radian RXT with angle adjuster in our Prius. We just installed the infant seat (Cybex Aton) over the weekend and still have room for a third adult in the car. We plan on RFing for at least another year or 18 months.

~ Married 10.30.04 ~
    DS1 born 12.31.11 ~ DS2 born 2.4.14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Rearfacing. I don't see a reason to stop any time soon, so we'll see how much longer it'll be :-)
    DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• RFing still. I just switched DD to radians in both cars so she has plenty of leg room and they are so much easier to get her in and out of than our marathons. DS is now in the marathons.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • We just switched DS to forward facing this week. It was impossible to get him in the car and he had absolutely no more leg room and looked like he was back in the womb lol. He loves being forward facing and now I can sit in the front seat, woohoo!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• RFing still. I just switched DD to radians in both cars so she has plenty of leg room and they are so much easier to get her in and out of than our marathons. DS is now in the marathons.

Good to know! What kind of radian did you get? We're looking for an additional convertible car seat soon and that's great info.

DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• Forward. We stuck it out RFing until she turned 2. She has never liked her car seat and was pretty miserable RFing. Having DD1 forward facing right next to her didn't help either. It's amazing how much better our morning/evening commute is now.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I was thinking of getting Radians as our second convertibles when DD is ready for one but put DS in the Radian and her in the boulevard/pavillion because that might just fit better all around. Will let is get away with RFing a LOT longer too!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Ricola said:

RFing still. I just switched DD to radians in both cars so she has plenty of leg room and they are so much easier to get her in and out of than our marathons. DS is now in the marathons.

Radian XRT. Love it! Just for kids store had them on sale $80 off. You may need the angle adjuster depending on what type of car you have.

Good to know! What kind of radian did you get? We're looking for an additional convertible car seat soon and that's great info.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • We've been FF since 15mo... We tried to make it work, but with DS already having had a TBI the helicopter in me was far more concerned with a daily head bump(s) getting wedged in and out of the car seat than the unlikely event of an airbag deployed accident. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited January 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • We're leaving him RFing until he outgrows the restrictions of his car seat for rear-facing, or until car space issues require it. With a new LO arriving soon, we need to see how both the car seats will fit in our car.
        image  image

• We are still RF. He still only weighs 26lbs and is a total shortie so we'll keep him RF as long as possible.
  • RF until she hits the wt Limit
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • FF - he's 30+ pounds and tall so he was really uncomfortable RF. 

• We're still RF... he's 34.5 pounds and 38.5 inches tall.  The car seat we have goes to 40 pounds and 40 inches RF.  He's still comfortable (just bends or spreads his legs).
  • I just switched DD FFing a couple of weeks ago.  She had been so content that I figured we'd make it until spring when I'll need to install the infant seat again (can't fit 2 RFing).  But then she started fighting me every time we had to get in - pushing/locking her legs against the car's seat so that I couldn't easily get her sitting.  And my belly (and short pregnancy temper) made it hard to deal with multiple times a day.  It's SO much better now that she's FFing.
    AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• Still RF here. It's tricky with 2 RF'ing seats in the car but we're dealing with it for the time being. I plan on keeping DS rear facing as long as possible.
    OHM born 12/16/11, BAM born 1/10/14, mmc 06/30/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We changed H to ff at 18 months, we moved to Japan (my husband is active duty military) and the cars are so so small here we couldn't make our seat fit rf.
  • We're still RFing.  All my friends were in such a hurry to go FF and I don't understand why!   :)
    ~*Kimberly*~

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"