Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Dry cracked hands from washing

Does anyone have severly dry skin and cracking on knuckles of hands from using hand sanitizer and washing? Does anyone know of some good moisturizers that have worked for you for severly dry skin? It has gotten to the point where washing my hands is painful.

Re: Dry cracked hands from washing

• Options
    Yes!!! My hands are so dry they crack and bleed! The only thing that has worked for me is corn huskers lotion. Seriously a life saver for me! 

BFP1- 2/21/2013- L was born 10/25/2013!
    BFP2- 4/18/2014- F was born 12/29/2014! 

• Options
    Yes! I work in a hospital so I wash or use hand sanitizer constantly! I like the hand sanitizer that has moisturizer mixed in. I also put on bag balm or aquaphor especially overnight to let my hands heal. And drink lots and lots of water!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This stuff works wonders.
  • Options
    Mix aquaphor with your hand lotion
  • Options
    I use this and love it. DH started using it, too. All natural, fair trade, and local (to me). https://www.alaffia.com/store/pc/Lotions-c15.htm
    Boy 10.6.13
    Labored at freestanding birth center using hypnobirthing techniques
    Delivered via csection
  • Options
    I just have bottles of lubriderm by the changing table and at all our sinks so I can apply it as soon as I'm done washing my hands/sanitizing.  I also keep a bottle at my desk at work.  Seems to work.
  • Options
    We don't use sanitizer in our house (it's not as effective as soap and water and is contributing to the rise of antibiotic resistant bacteria) but constant bottle washing has made my hands a disaster. Plain ol' coconut oil after a hand washing or right after my shower has helped a ton. Sweet almond oil is another good one.
    Six years of infertility and loss, four IUIs, one IVF and one very awesome little boy born via med-free birth 10.24.13.
  • Options
    I was also going to suggest corn huskers!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Mine got to the point that I had to get a steroid prescription from the dermatologist to help them heal. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Ditch the hand sanitizer! Try coconut oil before bed.
  • Options
    I agree with the other ladies. Say goodbye to the hand sanitizer. I am a huge believer in Aveeno lotion.... LO uses their eczema line and I swear by their daily moisturizer. Vaseline intensive care cocoa butter is also one of my favorites. The only places I have hand sanitizer is in my purse, and a pump in my car to use after touching gas pumps, grocery carts, atm's, etc.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I was using the hand sanitizer for diaper changes. I did just recently visit the dermatologist and she gave me a steroid cream to wear at night. I also just bought a huge tub of aveeno moisture cream hoping it works, thanks for the advice everyone!
  • Options
    DebateThisDebateThis member
    edited February 2014
    Jas723 said:
    I was using the hand sanitizer for diaper changes. I did just recently visit the dermatologist and she gave me a steroid cream to wear at night. I also just bought a huge tub of aveeno moisture cream hoping it works, thanks for the advice everyone!
    Ditch it and use soap and water. :) I hope the new creams fix things, too. Cracked hands are miserable.
    Six years of infertility and loss, four IUIs, one IVF and one very awesome little boy born via med-free birth 10.24.13.
  • Options
    Vaseline. It's amazing.

• Options
    Gold Bond Ultimate Healing Lotion works great.  Between the cold weather and all the dishes, I have been using a lot of that stuff this year. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"