November 2012 Moms

some big decisions to make

I might be getting ahead of myself .....

SO is at a meeting at work right now, they want him to move back into the office to work FT and become a PM  (he currently works outside sales, commission only) AND I have a job interview Friday for a Patient Relations position.  Lots to consider....!  Do we both work and start her in DC ( would one of the jobs JUST cover DC costs??) Would we be able to move if we were both working? Which job has better benefits?  Which one of us (if only one decides to work) would ENJOY working more.  Could he still do sales as a SAHD?  Could we have baby 2.0 if only one worked FT? 

Of course I could bomb my interview and its a non issue.... as long as his company doesn't do something stupid like offer him some menial pay scale (they are kind of ridiculous with their means and methods)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: some big decisions to make

• Lot's of decisions for sure. Just way the good with the bad and how the finances will go. I'm sure you'll work it out. Good Luck!

Pregnancy Ticker
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Good luck no matter what you decide.
    Baby 2.0 is lotsa fun.
    ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • Good luck!  I think in a perfect world, one could work and one could stay home (or work part time or work from home).  Lots of decisions to make.  Everything has a way of working itself out though.

• Big big decisions!

And hard ones! I know how badly you want to move. If this puts you a step closer (even with daycare costs) it may be worth it.

However, with that said, this is a decision only the two of you can make. Take some time to talk it through so neither ends up resenting the other down the line.

Good luck!
    IMG_4550[1] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I agree with UConn. If you get an offer, I'd take the job. If it covers your insurance and daycare, you are still a step ahead if you choose to go back out on the market again.

Re: baby 2.0 - you have a lot of your working life ahead of you. Who knows what things will be like next year. You've lived on one salary for this long. Maybe you can bank money from a new job for a bit and save for extra time off with 2.0...or just bank it.

We are going to be acting on 2.0 very quickly, even though our income is really low at the moment...because it will be higher soon, and time will not wait for my sad, aging ovaries.

No matter what you decide, best wishes. These are all good things to have on your plate.
  • I don't have anything to add, just good luck!

image   My chart 

• Thanks for all your responses!  We will wait to see how MY interview goes before we OVERthink it all but we def are throwing around sceanarios and options......

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"