September 2014 Moms

What do you ladies miss the most?

Sushi? Coffee? Alcohol? Soft Cheese? (Btw, is that a real thing?).  I'm curious what the hardest thing to give up was for everyone.  For me, it was definitely wine. I loves me some wine and before BFP I had a glass or two every night.  Coffee is a very close second:/

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: What do you ladies miss the most?

• Wine!! And energy/whole night of sleep. Though I heard a little wine is ok, if I do engine one day it will be way later in my pregnancy.
  • Wine for sure. I don't drink it often or even much but usually with dinner on the weekends. I love wine. I miss wine!

The coffee ritual in the morning is a close second. I don't love it as much as I love wine but i would have that more often. Plus it would really help with the tiredness
  • Loading the player...
  • NyQuil! Or mucinex... I'm fighting a cold!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Coffee... even though I know it's safe to have a little bit every day, my taste for it has completely gone away.  I've managed to have iced coffee twice so far, but that doesn't help me on the days I'm too lazy to leave my house haha
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Being able to eat an entire meal & coffee. I totally lost my taste for it right now, except for iced I can tolerate that. Btw, you can have soft cheese, just make sure it's pasteurized. 

Me: IR-PCOS, elevated DHEAs, low progesterone, weak ovulation  DH: low volume, low T
    SHG 5/10/13: both tubes blocked; HSG 6/28 = Left tube cleared! Right blocked.
    BFP#1 7/20/13 EDD 3/30/14, m/c 8/19/13, D&E 8/21/13, Chromosomal results = normal, female
    Lap & hysteroscopy scheduled for 10/31, right tube cleared, no endo found! ...Happy Halloween!
    Cycle 14: Clomid (50)+ IUI = BFP! EDD 9/16/14~ Rowan Elizabeth born sleeping at 17w4d on 4/12/14 due to IC.
    ~There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world~
    New RE June 2014. RPL b/w - negative. SIS looking for uterine/cervical abnormalities & Asherman's 6/10/14 - ALL CLEAR!  
    Cycle 16: Natural IUI = CP, Cycle 17: Femara (2.5) + IUI = BFN, Cycle 18 Femara (5) + IUI = BFFN, Cycle 19: Break
    Cycle 20: Clomid (50)+ IUI = BFP EDD 6/20, transvaginal cerclage 12/19, Carson Quinn born sleeping at 16w3d on 1/6/15 due to IC
    Phone consult with Dr. Haney (Univ of Chicago) for transabdominal cercalge scheduled for 2/9/15.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams."
    image image imageimage 
  • coffee and wine. But, i've started eating grains (due to nausea), which is kind of nice.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Wine!!

Although my daily coffee is starting to lose it's appeal.  I still attempt to drink it every day though. 

I miss feeling normal.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• ...not necessarily together.
  • Ice cold cans of Pepsi!  Ahhh... Pepsi... sweet ambrosia of the gods.

And not feeling nauseous, of course.
    Married: 10/5/13  -  BFP: 1/12/14  -  EDD: 9/20/14
    Full-time stepmom of Katelynn (13) and Blake (9).
    Feb. '14 Signature Challenge - Favorite Romantic Movie (French Kiss)
  • edited February 2014
    I'm on pelvic rest and the hormones are making me miss the sexy times.
    Oh, and rum and cokes!

• Definitely alcohol.  I barely missed it with my first pregnancy, but now with the little terror running me ragged all day, all I want at the end of the day is a drink to unwind with.
  • edited February 2014
    YES!!!!  I love that I'm not the only wino on the bump!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm sure once the constant nausea passes, I'll miss my wine, margaritas, & beer.

Me: IR-PCOS, elevated DHEAs, low progesterone, weak ovulation  DH: low volume, low T
    SHG 5/10/13: both tubes blocked; HSG 6/28 = Left tube cleared! Right blocked.
    BFP#1 7/20/13 EDD 3/30/14, m/c 8/19/13, D&E 8/21/13, Chromosomal results = normal, female
    Lap & hysteroscopy scheduled for 10/31, right tube cleared, no endo found! ...Happy Halloween!
    Cycle 14: Clomid (50)+ IUI = BFP! EDD 9/16/14~ Rowan Elizabeth born sleeping at 17w4d on 4/12/14 due to IC.
    ~There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world~
    New RE June 2014. RPL b/w - negative. SIS looking for uterine/cervical abnormalities & Asherman's 6/10/14 - ALL CLEAR!  
    Cycle 16: Natural IUI = CP, Cycle 17: Femara (2.5) + IUI = BFN, Cycle 18 Femara (5) + IUI = BFFN, Cycle 19: Break
    Cycle 20: Clomid (50)+ IUI = BFP EDD 6/20, transvaginal cerclage 12/19, Carson Quinn born sleeping at 16w3d on 1/6/15 due to IC
    Phone consult with Dr. Haney (Univ of Chicago) for transabdominal cercalge scheduled for 2/9/15.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams."
    image image imageimage 
  • Tea and beer!

I was drinking a lot of tea, and I love my earl gray! Can't have that now :(

Also miss unwinding after a long day with a chilly glass if good craft beer.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Tea and beer!
    I was drinking a lot of tea, and I love my earl gray! Can't have that now :(

Also miss unwinding after a long day with a chilly glass if good craft beer.

Why can't you have tea?

• Alcohol. The super bowl just wasn't the same without some beer. And I have an unopened bottle of wine taunting me...

• Wine, sushi, diet coke, having energy! Thinking that I'll be missing my "skinny" clothes very soon....
  • dana2die4dana2die4 member
    edited February 2014
    Sushi, champagne, and diet coke. 

• I want hard liquor. I'm not opposed to soft cheese as long as it's pasteurized, coffee, or wine in moderation, so really, I don't feel like I'm missing out on much. However, I've been really stressed lately and all I want to do is go out and drown my sorrows at the martini bar. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I miss coffee. It sounds terrible to me right now... but I still miss it. and I also miss being able to get through a whole day without being totally drained
  • Extremely hot baths.  :)  Forget the food, I love my long hot soaks in the tub. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: September 23
    PGAL: September 2010
    AMA:

• JD83JD83 member
    edited February 2014
    Alcohol. It wasn't hard to give up, but dammit, sometimes you just want a glass of wine! I will be indulging in a glass on occasion once the second trimester hits, but since that's still 5.5 weeks away, I'll just continue staring longingly at DH's drink. The advice OB gave me was "just not in the first trimester." I actually licked the drop of Grand Marnier off the neck of the bottle tonight after pouring some for DH. It was SO GOOD!!

ETA: I also want some tuna and yellowtail sashimi.
  • Sushi! And lattes.
    Married to the love of my life <3 09.26.09
    Mother to my Sweet Baby K <3 12.30.10
    …with Baby Number 2 on the way!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • The ability to add alcohol to my drinks....Rum and Coke, Bailey's and hot cocoa. I def know that over the summer I'll be missing those Bud Light Lime-A-Rita thingies.
    I HAVE allowed myself a cup of coffee here and there, but really cut down. Like maybe once a week instead of every day...and on the 8oz setting on the Keurig instead of the 10oz. I'm going to get some decaf K-cups for work this week. People are getting suspicious about my decreased coffee consumption, lol
    {Me:27, Dx:PCOS, LPD, & rob(14;15)}
    {DH:31 all clear, "super sperm"}
    Ecstatically married July 30, 2011--TTC since Jan 2013:::Baby #1 due 9/11, Conceived on cycle #5 of Femara + Hcg + IUI
    ~Love and Light to everyone~ 
    image image
    My furbabies--Mr. Bubbles and Miss Kitty <3
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

image image
  • Redbull... And my heated matress pad.
  • I wasn't really a drinker to begin with but every now and then I would buy those frozen alcoholic drinks from Walmart passed by them today and was like ooh that would taste so good. We'll meet again in about 6 months.
    Baby C IAmPregnant Ticker} BabyFetus Ticker} Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I just miss my energy!
    BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I miss not feeling sick all the time. And drinking wine at our weekly family dinner.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby boy Files due 9.13.14!

• You should NEVER EVER drink alcohol during pregnancy not even one glass of wine in the second trimester. Dr's don't know how much it takes for fetal alcohol syndrome to happen. It could be a glass a couple you just never know when it will affect your sweet developing baby and just because your in the second trimester does not mean your baby is not developing. Sorry end rant these hormones are kicking my butt!
  • I miss POOPING!! Sorry tmi but it's what I miss the most. Going every 3 days is awful!! I miss sushi intimate nights with my husband but still pooping has to be number 1! I'm so thankful for this miracle though♡♡

This!! Soo much!! I am right there with you lol! I also miss my monster energy drinks-I was on a one a day habit and would give ANYTHING to have one!!!
  • Wine, my skinny clothes and lunesta.
  • Grace0609 said:
    Eating when I want and not because of nausea. Feeling good!!!
    This.
    #1 11/21/07-Bean     C-section
    #2 04/17/09-Boo-kie C-section
    #3 01/15/12-Moose  Natural VBA2C
    #4 EDD 09/30/14

Christian Wife and SAHM
    Homeschooler and Crafter Extraordinaire
    Knit and Crochet Obsessed

Pregnancy TickerDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Sushi, oh, sushi. I had never had it before my last pregnancy so I didn't know what I was missing.

I do still drink a small cup of coffee now and then or it would almost certainly be coffee. But when not pregnant I'm a cup in the morning and in the evening kind of girl, so. I've cut back.

imageimageimageTTC since 07/11 | natural m/c 08/11 | BFP 12/6/2011 | Elinor Anna born 8/18/2012 | BFP #2 1/16/2014
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"