July 2014 Moms

Nursery Themes

2»

Re: Nursery Themes

• We are having a little boy and are planning on either a vintage super hero theme or a music theme. Really their are so many great ideas out there!
    image.
  • ashleysyn2 I love it!!!! 

futuremrsbrian Oh girl, I get it. We are nerds too. If we have a boy, we are doing an Avengers theme with vintage comic book prints professionally framed. One of our friends already gave us a R2D2 onesie with matching hat. If it's a girl, we will have to put a pink cardigan and pink booties on her and call her Miss R2D2. 

image  BabyName Tickerimage
  • Loading the player...
  • @jessa8907. Where did you find that elephant? !

I like either the alphabet or elephants.
    imageimage

BFP #1 11.10.13 EDD 07.22.14 Stick baby cake!
    image https://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/ee/d355aa73ed49767417acbbe29ed0e6.png  BabyFruit Ticker

• Not really a theme but if it's a girl I guess I could call it a "once upon a time" theme. Very calm, whimsical, pretty. Soft pink, beige/gold.
    imageimageimage
  • pfeilele said:
    I found this on pinterest and fell in love... My son's room is woodland creatures. If the baby is a boy I have no clue
    We did that with DS except gender neutral fabrics because we were team green. It's actually pretty cute and easy, and doesn't look too girly with the right stuff. We'll likely move them to the new nursery and change the fabric to match.
    We're doing Woodland Creatures as well. I love that theme! My husband and I are both very outdoorsy so it was a no brainer for us. Would love to see if you guys have pintrest boards?
  • I'm doing a woodland theme if it's a boy and star theme if it's a girl.
    Pregnancy Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @strmbreez here are pictures of the wall decals I got from etsy (simply shapes? Site etsy won't let me login right now for some reason). I can't find pictures of his completed room either. These pics are his room though.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP 11/18/13. EDD 7/25/14. It's a BOY! 

Surprise BFP 7/30/13. EDD 4/7/14. Natural MC 8/24/13

• We're doing ocean/aquarium since we both love the water.  We're not finding out the sex, but honestly, I really don't give a crap, even if it's a girl.  Blue does not require a penis! :-) Heck, I've already done three blankets for the baby (knit and crochet for cuddling/tummy time) and 2 are already blue! 
    My sweet little munchkin! 
    8 lbs, 13 oz.  21" long

• Here's the comforter from BRU bedding set we got
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I was totally planning on a gender neutral nursery (gray/yellow/white), but then I found some really awesome inspiration for an aviation themed nursery on pinterest (DH is a pilot).   Now that LO is most likely a girl, I'm torn.  I feel tempted to make it more "girly" even though girls can TOTALLY be pilots too (Amelia Earhardt!). 

Most likely I'll just go back to my original plan of a neutral nursery with pops of color and fun fabrics rather than a specific "theme." 

• @rattlecanqueen Thanks so much for the photos! Those are adorable. I've been trying to find time to really check out nursery items. Here's my pintrest I started: https://www.pinterest.com/strmbreez/

• DS is moving into his Thomas the train room so his under the sea nursery is up for grabs. We will use the same stuff if it's a boy . For a girl we will go for a shabby chic nautical theme
  • strmbreez said:

@rattlecanqueen Thanks so much for the photos! Those are adorable. I've been trying to find time to really check out nursery items. Here's my pintrest I started: https://www.pinterest.com/strmbreez/

I followed your nursery board, which it's totally adorable! I'm pretty sure you'll be able to find mine now. If not, pm me. Although, I'll admit,I don't have much woodland stuff on it bc that's my son's lol!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• We're just doing beachy colors. I'll probably pick up some shells, starfish, and sea glass between now and then to make some little crafts.
  • I'm thinking of a nautical theme: the sea and sailing. It's a girl, but I don't really think of the sea as gender-specific. Besides...I love the sea!
  • We have a frog/turtle theme. We are Team Green. It's cute and stuff we had leftover from DD. If this baby is a girl we will redecorate.
    Married 5/21/2011
    DD 1 10/2012
    CP 9/2013
    DD 2 6/2014
    CP 3/2016        
     BFP 12/8/2016        
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Dr. Seuss for boy or girl!
  • I'm not sure on what color to paint the room but I know I'm getting these from etsy for one of the walls so far...
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I love chevron right now. Thinking about this, but I will likely do pink instead of teal if it is a girl. Don't know if I will paint the walls, if I do it will be very very light pink. And for a theme, I will go with owls and birds. 

But... I also doubt I will do too much of anything. I am just not motivated to decorate right now. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DH is obsessed w Disney so the moment we found out we were pg he would not so much as glance at anything else. I did get him away from the screened print tacky decals that have been around for 20/30yrs. So the final verdict is blk/red/white stripes, chevron, polka dots with the outline Disney only. I'm not sold on the tree but DH loves a good love story... It's kinda girly to me
  • @Big+Lil I would love to see pics of that!

We are doing a jungle theme without meaning to haha. SIL said "you should do a jungle theme!" and I guess that stuck with us subliminally because all we've purchased so far is a snugamonkey pnp and a snugamonkey swing :) SIL also painted a cute baby door hang with baby jungle animals on it. I also want to incorporate a bird theme, just like we had at our wedding (and partially to reuse the decorations ;) )

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Couldn't edit, but here's the idea...also, I just bought this! Yay!

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"