Infertility
Options

I am baccckkkk!

Hi all! I was an avid poster on the boards here for a while but about a year ago I stopped posting after our 3rd fresh IVF cycle failed :( We did another fresh cycle in December, sadly it ended in a CP (our 2nd fresh cycle also ended in a CP). It was however the first time we made it to a 5 day transfer, our only issue is severe MFI. My question is have any of you had success after numerous IVF cycles? We have done everything under the sun - ICSI, PICSI, assisted hatching, coculture, various vitamins, every test known to man! My hubby is not open to donor sperm, at least not yet...we have 2 fresh and 3 frozen cycles left in our package so will be cycling again in the next few months. Our REs office is amazing and have gone so above and beyond trying to make our dreams comes true. I just wanted to say hello and hope you are all doing well :)

Re: I am baccckkkk!

• Options
    Welcome back and best wishes for your next cycle in a few months. In terms of success after multiple cycles you may want to ask the ladies on PAIF :)

TTC since mid-2011---Husband and I both late 20's---
    Laparoscopy, hysteroscopy and dye test in Sep 2012- moderate endometriosis removed---
    Diagnosed with unexplained infertility---
    Clomid cycle 1 in Feb 2013- BFN---
    Clomid cycle 2 in Mar 2013- BFN---
    IVF #1 in May 2013- BFN---
    IVF #2 in August 2013-BFN---
    Endometrial biopsy identified high natural killer cells---
    FET #1 in Oct 2013-delayed---
    FET #1 in Nov 2013 with Intralipids-BFN---
    FET #2 in January 2014- BFN---

IVF #3 in March 2014 (new doctor new plan)-BFFN
    IVF #4 in June 2014 (last cycle with own eggs)- BFN
    IVF #5 in September 2014 (with donor eggs)- BFP plus 6 frozen blasts :)

http://tryingtoconceiveafamily.blogspot.com.au/

May Emerald / August Shooting Star / October Precious Pumpkin / November Harvest Hopeful / January Snowdrops / March Shimmering Shamrocks / June Bugs

• Options
    As mentioned, PAIF may be a better place for success stories but we did finally have success with MFI after our 5th fresh cycle. It sounds like you are locked into an RE if you are on a multi-cycle plan, but I would also suggest a consult for a 2nd opinion. We made some changes to our protocol after switching to a new doctor with a better lab and some more extensive testing.  I think that contributed to our success as well.

IVF #1 Sep '11 - canceled poor response

IVF #2 Nov '11  8R/8M/4F 3dt x2 - chemical

IVF #3 April '12  11R/6M/4F 3dt x2 - m/c

FET #1 Aug 2012  3dt x2 - BFN

**new RE**

IVF #4 Jan '13 BFN 11R/6M/6F 5dt x2 - BFN

IVF #5 July '13 16R/10M/10F 5dt x2 + 1 frostie

9dp5dt Beta 1 = 344!! 16dp5dt. Beta 2 = 4822 7wk u/s= 2 heartbeats!

Twin girls! 3/6/14

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wow, you've been through a lot, but I bet the best is yet to come! I know you're in a package with your RE, but I agree with getting a second opinion. If our next cycle doesn't work, we'll get another opinion (again). Of course, for us, it will be the gazillionith opinion, but you get the point! I LOVE our RE and his entire staff! They are so amazing and kind. But, amazing and kind doesn't always work. Having someone take a fresh, unbiased look at your case might even give you ideas to take to your current RE. That's what we did for our current cycle and our RE was willing to listen and make a few adjustments based on what they said. Like he said, no one knows how to do this 100%, so any ideas are welcome!

BabyFruit Ticker

ttc #2 since 2004 Me (35): Stage 3 Endo, DH (34): High DNA Frag

IVF/ICSI #2: April 2014: BFP!!!!!!

ET of 2 great quality embryos. + BFP on 9dp5dt. Beta #1 (10dp5dt): 257, Beta #2 (14dp5dt): 1561,

Beta #3 (21dp5d5): 8,172. Wow. It seems this is actually working. Shocked beyond belief.

1st u/s @6w5d: Baby A hb 124, Baby B hb 127 (Both measuring perfectly!)

Lost baby A. Praying that baby B stays healthy. Baby B hb 175 at 11 weeks

It's a GIRL!!!

imageimageimage

My Blog

• Options
    Have you been to a urologist who specializes in MFI? I have a friend who had success after four failed IVF after seeing a urologist at Cornell in NYC. 
    ***Siggy****
    imageimage
    Me: 32 - PCOS, Hypothyroid 
    Hubs: 31 - low everything

TTC since Jan 2013
    May 2013 - HSG, all clear
    Aug 2013 - Hubs varicocele procedure, both sides 

Dec 2013 IVF #1: 24 retrieved, 20 fertilized, 7 made it to D5; OHSS
    1.27.14: FET; 2 D5
    Betas: 2.6.14 - 689; 2.8.14 - 2400; 2.15.14 - 37,7000
    Ultrasound: 2.15.14 - Twins! 

PAIF/SAIF welcome

• Options
    ***PAIF response****

I think you have gotten great advice, consider urology consult and 2nd Opinion, even if you end up cycling back again with your current RE due to the package deal you are in. 

RE: success after multiple IVFs- yes, that's me. 

I had 4 cycles (1 cancelled, 3 completed) and the last one was the charm and now I'm 15 wks with a singleton. My first RE fired me (refused any further cycles as "futile" and told me donor egg), my 2nd RE kept tweaking the cycle to finally get a bunch of good looking embryos and a better response. Another thing you might think about with MFI is considering a karyotype on you and/or your husband or sperm dna fragmentation test (if not already done). We did it before our last cycle (normal) and most likely yours will be normal, but at least you know. And, it sounds like your cycles are getting tweaked and getting better if you made it last time to a 5 day transfer...good luck! 
    ***Signature warning******

me: DOR, DH: counts are good

IVF # 1:BCPs then antagonist. Cancelled for poor response
    IVF #2: no BCPs then MDL: 4 retrieved, 3 fertilized, 2 transferred at day 2-BFN
    IVF #3 New RE! BCPs then MDL: 8 retrieved, 8 fertilized, 2 transferred day 5-BFN
    IVF #4 October 2013. BCPs then MDL: 8 R, 8F, 2 transferred day 5 in Nov--BFP!! 
    December 2013: Ultrasound shows a single intrauterine pregnancy! 

• Options
    Thank you all ladies! We actually did have a phone consult with Dr Sasson at Shady Grove and he actually agreed with the diagnosis and treatments so far - what is causing my hubby's severe MFI is an elevated FSH which they say is like menopause in a man so there is nothing they can do for it :( He did recommend a vitamin called Conception XR which he took with the last cycle, first time we ever made it to a 5dt but it sadly ended in a CP :( So he is taking it again now in preparation for our next fresh cycle - I respond well each time (20+ embryos) - thanks for welcoming me back with open arms! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"