Two Under 2
Options

Biggest differences

Hey everyone, I'm due with #2 in April and terrified! I guess I'm just wondering what the biggest differences were between bringing home your first and bringing home your second. Also, which did you find to be easier? Some people tell me the 2nd is easier because you are more confident but I find it hard it to believe! Thanks!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Biggest differences

• Options
    Keeping an eye on this. Bringing home #2 in May, with a sister who will be 22 mos. I'm just hoping #2 is as great a baby as #1. #1 was a dream. Our pediatrician keeps telling us that we are likely to have another totally mellow kid since we will be less neurotic as second time parents. I'm trying to hold on to that hope! Lol.
  • Options
    @MommyAtty, dreams do come true, it can happen to you. 2 Happy Babies here. I wasn't sure we could be so lucky twice but we are. They are awesome.
    @Benson16, hmmm. The biggest difference is that while tending to a baby, you also have a toddler to think about. It may be easier in the sense of knowing what you're doing, but more difficult with your divided attention.
    While we lucked out with 2 very happy babies, all babies are different and I have heard many a story about siblings having different temperaments, habits, sleep patterns, etc. So, you never know.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We had a difficult time adjusting from 1-2, but we also had some pretty significant changes going that were related to the birth of baby #2. DD1 stopped going to daycare, I dropped down to PT at work, and we were all adjusting to being home and how our "new" lives would be. I think the toughest parts was that they inevitably need you at the same time. And then it ends up piling, one issue after the other. Same with anything - there are good days and bad days and days where there are poop footprints all over your living room :P
    image        image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"