Two Under 2

Sound Machine?

My ds is almost five months old. He's great about falling to sleep on his own. However, most naps are an hour tops, and he wakes frequently during the night. I want to try a white noise/sound machine to see if that will help him sleep longer stretches. Once he is doing so, I can move him to his crib in the nursery he shares with dd, and the machine will hopefully help keep them from waking each other.

That said, which one should I get? I don't need a projector, just sound. TIA
Mommy to N (3), J (2), and C (10 months). LO4 is due in mid-September.

Re: Sound Machine?

• Don't get the sleep sheep. I bought two and they both stopped working. I first bought the small travel one and then the large one, figuring the large one would be more powerful. It actually had the exact same sound apparatus but was housed inside a larger sheep. 

I don't use the projector and really only the "white noise" setting. It works much better. 
  • I second the Munchkin sound system. We've been using it for almost 14 months without a problem. I used the projector a few times when DS was really upset, it got his mind off whatever was bothering him. I'm going to order a second one for this LO to have in his/her room too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I have had the sleep sheep for almost two years (DS uses it) it has never stopped working.  In fact the batteries just died for the first time a week ago!  I think it works great.  
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I had a munchkin sound machine with a projector and the sound just stopped working one day (lasted about 6 months). Now we use an old ipod with a white noise track downloaded from itunes for 99 cents.  plus - it's easy to take when we travel.  
    TTC since 2008. I'm 30/DH 32. Unexplained Infertility.
    All Welcome!

Unmedicated IUI: 9/11 BFN

1st IVF: January 2012. BCP, Lupron, Menopur, Gonal-F
    7 eggs retrieved, 5 mature, 3 fertilized, 3dt 2 grade A embryos.
    Beta 13dp3dt = 6. Beta 16dp3dt = 9. Chemical Pregnancy.

2nd IVF: Antagonist Protocol. June 2012
    BCP, Ganirelix, Menopur, Gonal-F
    18 eggs retrieved (6/25), 12 mature, 6 fertilized

BFP! Singleton due 3/18/13!

Photobucket
  • You are brilliant. I have an old nano in a drawer. I think I'll download a track tomorrow...

If that doesn't work, then I come back to these ideas and buy an actual machine. :) Thank you for the suggestions.
    Mommy to N (3), J (2), and C (10 months). LO4 is due in mid-September.
  • bjlucas1 said:

Don't get the sleep sheep. I bought two and they both stopped working. I first bought the small travel one and then the large one, figuring the large one would be more powerful. It actually had the exact same sound apparatus but was housed inside a larger sheep. 

I don't use the projector and really only the "white noise" setting. It works much better. 
    This is what we have too, we really only use the white noise at this point but it's nice that it does more.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We were given the Sleep Sheep and used it at first. It worked well. And when we traveled, we just took the sound part out and brought that. LO wasn't cuddling with it anyway, so we just placed it near the PNP or whatever.
    We ended up switching to a white noise/Ocean track downloaded to our iPod. It's better for leaving on all night and not having to reset a button.
  • I just use an alarm clock that has a rain noise setting.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Our sleep sheep works great.  I just bought one second hand, threw out the sheep and put the cartridge on my chair in DS's room

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We use a fan.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • I wasnt a fan of the sleep sheep..mostly because it shuts off after 30-40 minutes or so.

We took an old ipod, bought an ocean waves white noise track for $1 and threw it on the ipod dock in the nursery. We mostly use it to drown out the noise of the house.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"