Secondary IF

~~~~2IF weekly update~~~~

Alright ladies you know the drill! History and current cycle status!

Conceived DS after 4 years of ttc.

I'm currently recovering from a surgery after an ectopic pregnancy. I'm still charting. I'm benched for 2 cycles.

QOTW: How did you meet your DH? (Or EH) ;)

Well, my BFF was dating his BFF. And now we're all married :) They got married 3 years and 3 days after we did! And my BFF is 3 days older than me.

The funny thing is - DH and I probably met long before we actually met as it turns out our families know each other. My cousin played baseball with DH's brother and my uncle raced with DH's dad.

Me: 27 DH: 33
Married 6 years
Conceived DS after 4 years of MFI

TTC # 2 (not trying,not preventing ever)
May 2013 - August 2013 Timed Intercourse = BFN
September 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs=BFN
October 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs, and "warming foods" = BFP
Beta #1 19, Beta #2 18 Progesterone 4.6 Miscarried 11/9/13
November 2013 - Benched, waiting for first post-loss AF.
No longer benched per New RE/OB!
Jan. 15 2014 - BFP. HCG 3900 - Ectopic :( 
Jan. 16 2014 Left tube removed and D&C
March 2, 2014 First AF

Re: ~~~~2IF weekly update~~~~

• freakyfastfreakyfast member
    edited January 2014
    Hi all, 
    DS was a surprise from a long time ago relationship... 
    I am currently on Prometrium trying to get my period started to gear up to try FET again.  I just had a cancelled FET.

DH and I met at a Stone Temple Pilots concert at Red Rocks Amphitheater (If you ever come to Colorado, you MUST go there to a concert preferably).  Anyway, we sat next to each other. DH will tell you I was ALL OVER him at the concert, and I will say it is because he had vodka.     

• Conceived both DDs second cycle trying. TTC#3 since Oct. 2011. My hormones never regulated after DD2. 1 mmc Aug. 2013 on IUI#3. Currently on BCP until Feb. 17th, then the stimming fun for IVF begins! Protocol will be gonal F, menopur, and ganirelix, with estimated ER and ET the first week of March. I'm very excited to get this show on the road. I may be setting myself up for heartache, but I'm already starting to feel like I'm expecting a baby in late November. Cheers to positive thinking!

QOTW: DH and I met the first week of freshman year in 2002 - we actually lived in the same dorm, so that was convenient ;) We got married in 2007 :x

Two DDs 10/08 and 08/10, no primary IF
    TTC #3 since 10/2011 - dx unexplained/weak ovulation
     3 BFN clomid + TI cycles, 5 BFN clomid/gonal f IUIs, 1 mmc IUI
    2/19/2014 IVF #1 Unexpected low E2 (oversuppressed) -> increased to max doses = 3 or 4 follicles, converting to IUI
    BFFP Saw 1 beautiful heartbeat at 6w6d, follow up u/s at 9w showed mmc. Eff this.
    NTNP 5/2014-9/2014, OPKs and TI 10/2014 - 1/2015. 
    RPL testing all normal, AFC, AMH, and FSH all normal. 
    IVF 1.2 1/22/2014 natural cycle start, AFC 28, 300 gonal f/150menopur. 
    ER 2/3/15 14R 8M 3F w/ICSI Day 5 transfer on 2/8/15 of one "Grade A+" blast and have TWO frosties! 

• Loading the player...
  • @annibes that sounds like something out of a romantic comedy! How sweet!

Me: 27 DH: 33
    Married 6 years
    Conceived DS after 4 years of MFI

TTC # 2 (not trying,not preventing ever)
    May 2013 - August 2013 Timed Intercourse = BFN
    September 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs=BFN
    October 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs, and "warming foods" = BFP
    Beta #1 19, Beta #2 18 Progesterone 4.6 Miscarried 11/9/13
    November 2013 - Benched, waiting for first post-loss AF.
    No longer benched per New RE/OB!
    Jan. 15 2014 - BFP. HCG 3900 - Ectopic :( 
    Jan. 16 2014 Left tube removed and D&C
    March 2, 2014 First AF

• KC1212 said:

@annibes that sounds like something out of a romantic comedy! How sweet!

Haha thanks! That's about where the romantic comedy ends. We are the most boring couple ever. :)
  • DS is 4.5 he took 2 years, we didn't know it was a problem.  Now number two has been more of a mess with m/c and long benches.  We are waiting on testing to see where we go next, my appointment got moved up due to bad results on the amh test so I'm not hopeful now but will learn more Monday.

We meet at a kegger his faturnity was throwing the weekend before school started.  He was really good looking having been on drilling rigs all summer and was really nice when some weird people were messing with me at the party.  We hooked-up at the next kegger they had and then I stalked him.  I moved into the building next to his one floor up I could always see what they were doing.  Took a while but he eventually came around to liking me.
    Me DOR amh .64 ng/mL  
    DH Brain Cancer
    BFP #1 12/11/08 DS born 8/23/09
    BFP#2 10/13/11 DC 11/4/11
    BFP#3 12/6/13 Lost 12/29/13
    Told IVF is the only option and have not found a clinic that will take me.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited January 2014
    Me: DD 5; DD stillborn; 2 chemical pregnancies

QOTW: I met DH through a girl that I lived with for only a year. She went to HS with him and we met at her 25th bday party. We don't even talk to her any more and I always say she was put into my life for me to meet him :)

BFP #1 12.24.07 - DD born @ 39w1d on 08.26.08
    BFP #2 08.04.11 - DD born still @ 37w3d on 03.25.12

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TTC #3 since May 2012

BFP #3 12.29.12 - CP @ 4w2d on 01.02.13
    BFP #4 10.17.13 - CP @ 4w2d on 10.23.13

BFP #5 04.06.14 - MMC 05.07.14

No longer trying to conceive.

image    http://oi40.tinypic.com/15czrid.jpg     image

• History:  Tried to conceive for a year, referred to an RE, Dx PCOS, tried combo clomid trigger, and IUI, DD born March 2012.  

Current:  started AF 3 days ago, ugh! Still taking Metformin, will try on our own again this cycle.  Scheduled first RE appointment at the end of March.  

QOTW:  DH and I met while we were both in college.  I went to a college that was in his home town and stayed at school one summer to work.  He was home for the summer and we bumped into each other at the bar and started talking.  I guess you could say the rest is history.   

Married DH September 2008
    DD1 Born March 2012
    DD2 Due November 2014

image         image

imageimage

• DS was a wonderful surprise the first month we didn't prevent!  Started TTC #2 summer 2012.  Borderline low morph is the only identified problem.  We had a WTF appt with our RE yesterday and came up with the plan of a "non-medicated" timed intercourse cycle this month, one non-medicated IUI and then on to IVF.  We are going to do the non-medicated IUI because we are all out of pocket and to do a medicated IUI would cost us around $3000 and would increase our chances by about 7%.  A non-medicated will cost us around $500 and will increase our chances by about 5%.  I am basically just doing these two things to feel like we covered our bases before moving on to IVF in Apr/May...

I met my husband in grad school.  We had some mutual friends and technically met at a party.  Ironically, I was in nursing school and he was in med school thus our first date was in the hospital cafeteria...
  • TTC #2 since May 2012, PCOS, MC Nov 2013

CD 20, waiting on AF, will have HSG and start Clomid next cycle

I actually met DH at a party while I was dating my ex. My ex and DH have mutual friends. DH and I remained friends during that time, mostly seeing each other at parties. Anyway two years later ex and I broke up. Several of our mutual friends lived in the same apartment complex, including DH. We started hanging out more, first as friends and I was trying to keep it real casual. Then one day we talked and laughed at how much we cared for each other and we had been right under each other's noses for a couple years. We made it "myspace official" (this was 2006) and never looked back.
    DD 12/1/2009
    TTC#2 Since May 2012
    Dx PCOS February 2013 on Metformin 1500 mg
    Met with RE October 2013, we've got a plan!
    Surprise BFP on "break cycle" 10/12/13. EDD 6/17/14.
    MMC discovered 11/25/13 at 10 weeks. D&C 11/27/13.
    BFP 2/8/14 Beta#1: 176, Prog 18! Beta#2:335, Prog, 19.5!
    EDD 10/16/2014

• @freakyfast, Red Rocks has been on my bucket list for years! So jealous that it's so close to you. Do you go to shows there regularly?
    November 2010 - 10.5 week loss  o:) 
    October 2011 - DS (7)  <3 
    July 2014 - Stillborn DD (24 weeks)  o:) 
    August 2015 - DD (3)  <3 
    April 2018 - 5 week loss o:) 

• Conceived angel baby and DS on first and second cycles trying. Now on cycle 18? (On mobile and can't see my siggy and have lost track in my brain) of LP issues and general weirdness. Doing the natural approach with herbs, supplements, and fertility massage this cycle. Should be ovulating tomorrow most likely.

DH and I went to school together starting in kindergarten although we never had a class together until hs. He was in a more "popular" group than me so we never interacted, and I didn't get my period until hs, so I didn't really draw much attention from boys. And then things changed in hs and he developed a big crush on me but was too nervous to talk to me, let alone ask me out. He didn't work up the nerve to get in touch with me until after college, and I gave him a chance, even though he was such a giant chicken shit. He actually confessed that one time in hs, we were both in the halls during class time for some reason and he prayed that I wouldn't speak to him as we passed one another on the hall because he felt like he might vomit from nerves. Apparently I said hello and he didn't say a word back to me. Such a dork.
    November 2010 - 10.5 week loss  o:) 
    October 2011 - DS (7)  <3 
    July 2014 - Stillborn DD (24 weeks)  o:) 
    August 2015 - DD (3)  <3 
    April 2018 - 5 week loss o:) 

• @freakyfast, Red Rocks has been on my bucket list for years! So jealous that it's so close to you. Do you go to shows there regularly?

CheesyPeas - as often as we can. Love it there.  We actually got married at a little chapel at the bottom of Red Rocks.  

• DS born 12/2/11 after 9 cycles with RE and 2.5 years trying.  MC 12/24/13.   Currently CD 7 and have an RE appointment on Tuesday to start a natural cycle and monitoring to make sure everything seems good to go after the MC.

Hubby and I met at the main train station, he was living out by my parents at the time and I had been there for my  dad's birthday.  We both got on the train at the same station and noticed each other on the platform, but then got on the train and went about our business.  As it happened we both got off at the same station downtown and as I was making my way up the stairs amongst a huge crowd of people someone bumped into to me and I fell forward into DH's back.  He turned around and said "If you are going to keep following me, atleast have lunch with me" I said " I'm not following you, but I will have lunch with you". We exchanged business cards and we were pretty much together from our first date a week later.  He proposed to me in that spot at the top of stairs where we first met. :x

Adorable story!

Two DDs 10/08 and 08/10, no primary IF
    TTC #3 since 10/2011 - dx unexplained/weak ovulation
     3 BFN clomid + TI cycles, 5 BFN clomid/gonal f IUIs, 1 mmc IUI
    2/19/2014 IVF #1 Unexpected low E2 (oversuppressed) -> increased to max doses = 3 or 4 follicles, converting to IUI
    BFFP Saw 1 beautiful heartbeat at 6w6d, follow up u/s at 9w showed mmc. Eff this.
    NTNP 5/2014-9/2014, OPKs and TI 10/2014 - 1/2015. 
    RPL testing all normal, AFC, AMH, and FSH all normal. 
    IVF 1.2 1/22/2014 natural cycle start, AFC 28, 300 gonal f/150menopur. 
    ER 2/3/15 14R 8M 3F w/ICSI Day 5 transfer on 2/8/15 of one "Grade A+" blast and have TWO frosties! 

• Jen071407 said:

DS born 12/2/11 after 9 cycles with RE and 2.5 years trying.  MC 12/24/13.   Currently CD 7 and have an RE appointment on Tuesday to start a natural cycle and monitoring to make sure everything seems good to go after the MC.

Hubby and I met at the main train station, he was living out by my parents at the time and I had been there for my  dad's birthday.  We both got on the train at the same station and noticed each other on the platform, but then got on the train and went about our business.  As it happened we both got off at the same station downtown and as I was making my way up the stairs amongst a huge crowd of people someone bumped into to me and I fell forward into DH's back.  He turned around and said "If you are going to keep following me, atleast have lunch with me" I said " I'm not following you, but I will have lunch with you". We exchanged business cards and we were pretty much together from our first date a week later.  He proposed to me in that spot at the top of stairs where we first met. :x

Adorable story!

Aww thanks!!

TTC#1 May 2009- July 2010 on our own with no luck

Started with RE in August 2010, dx with unexplained IF and then finally our 3rd IUI cycle using Follistim and Trigger resulted in our wonderful little man.  Born 12/2/11

TTC#2 Never really prevented, but were careful early on as Dr. reccomended

Surprise BFP 12/16/13, started progesterone immediately as first numbers came back low, but betas were good.  Progesterone wasnt enough. Natural MC 12/24/13.

Back with RE as of January 2014...

5/27/14- Chemical Pregnancy :(

April 2015 IVF#1

5/13/15- BFP, please stick LO!

Oh and I'm a major Harry Potter Nerd :)

Silly mugglesimage

• DD was a surprise and we are now on our third medicated cycle (not counting metformin) and had three follicles on ultrasound ovulated last Saturday and waiting on results of a progesterone level I got drawn today.

DH and I met at GameStop lol we both worked there in high school and started dating after he quit. :) I know we are big nerds!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • DD conceived on 4th cycle of trying.  Currently waiting to ovulate and next month will do bloodworm and HSG.  Going on 14 months TTC #2.

My husband and I met the modern way - match.com. :) It worked!
    DD Born April 2012
    TTC#2 since Jan2013
    Just beginning infertility journey. :/
  • DS was conceived naturally. Born August 2011. TFAS since April 2013. Started seeing an RE in November. Currently on my 4th medicated cycle/2nd IUI cycle. 

So far our diagnosis is unexplained/possibly related to my age. I'm 37. All of my bloodwork has come back normal. HSG showed my tubes are clear. DH's SA was normal. So we keep trying and waiting, and trying and waiting.

DH and I met the old fashioned way . . . on the internet. After we met, we realized we knew about 10 people in common. 
    BFP: 5/10/14 after 14 cycles of trying!
    EDD: 1/21/15
    5/12 1st beta: 28
    5/14 2nd beta: 87.5
    5/23: 3rd beta: 4000.6 + saw gestational sac and yolk sac
    5/30: 4th beta: 17,852 + saw fetal pole and heard heartbeat! 127 BPM!
  • History: Me: DOR, poor AMH/FSH, DH Azoospermia due to CBAVD from CF.   IVF/ICSI/PESA #1 in 2010 twins.  FET #1 nonviable pregnancy and D & C surgery, IVF/ICSI/PESA #2 no embryos to transfer, IVF/ICSI/PESA #3 chemical.  Hoping to cycle IVF/ICSI/PESA #4 in summer 2014 somewhere. DH and I cannot agree, he does not want another PESA or to be touched at all, blah. We have decided CC*RM is too $$$ for one try.

No real update, wishing everyone well.

DH and I met at work.  We were both working second shift for a legal publishing company.  I was a law student intern and he was an attorney contractor.  He was studying for the bar and I had law school exams and we connected over his suggestion of us studying together on weekends.  Actually I fell for him for the first time I saw him, he introduced himself and that was it for me :)  He contacted me a second time through the work e-mail system, he had memorized my full name from my name plate, and looked me up :)
    H: 34 dx Azoospermia due to CBAVD from CF  
    ME: 39 IS FINE!!!  DOR and poor AMH/FSH/LH
    IVF/ICSI/PESA #1 Beta 1 373 Beta 2 1783 BOY/GIRL TWINS!! Born April 2010!!
    Natural FET 5/26/12 2 blasts Beta 1 207 Beta 2 513 Beta 3 1377 U/S 6/28 Pregnancy not viable d & c scheduled :( 
    IVF/ICSI/PESA #2 ER 11/15/12 Nothing to transfer :( 
    IVF/ICSI #3 April 2013 MDLF 3dt of 3 embryos, chemical :(  
    IVF #4/ICSI/MESA/CCS/FET EPP April 2015
    ODWU CCRM with Dr. Sch COMPLETE!!!! Put on acai supplement they are studying for DOR and embryo quality.
    DAY 3 Labs Drawn 2/26 put on vitamin D and calcium supplements
    Regroup and Protocol Reveal 3/04 "Bazooka Protocol" EPP with MDLF "Protocol 6 with patches"
    ER/MESA 4/10 ER 9 eggs retrieved MESA success found live swimmers :)
    Fertilization Report 6 eggs mature and ICSI'd 4 eggs fertilized normally
    Day 6 Report to Blast for CCS 4/16: 2 DAY 5 BLASTS BIOPSIED FOR CCS a 4AB and a 3AB!!!!
    CCS Results BOTH BLASTS CCS NORMAL!!!!!!  call on 4/24
    Regroup call to discuss CCS results and FET call on 5/20
    FET prep: CD 1 6/08 CD 3 Start BCP 6/10, HSG 6/12 Lupron Start 10 iu 6/17 End BCP 6/21 CD 1 6/23!!!
    Start vivelle patches 6/25 change e/o/d reduce Lupron to 5iu 6/25 Blood Draw 7/01, 7/08, 7/15, 7/19
    Increase vivelle patches 7/03 2 change e/o/d and 7/05 change e/o/d 3 and 7/07 4 change e/o/d add vaginal estrace 2x a day
    Lining Check/Blood Draw 7/08 and 7/15 End Lupron 7/18  Start PIO 1ml daily 7/18  Blood  Draw 7/19
    Flight to clinic 7/22
    FET 2 CCS BLASTS :):)  7/23 :):) YES YES both thawed and both fully expanded :):)
    7/26 :):) 3dp5dt PM very very faint positive FRER
    7/27: 4dp5dt Neg Digi AM but very very faint positive FRER PM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 1-2 :):) 
    7/31:8dp5dt AM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 2-3!!!! :):) 
    Beta 1 8/01= 408!!!!!!!!!! at 9dp5dt FET
    Beta 2 8/03 = 1014!!!!!!!!!! at 11dp5dt FET
    8/05/2015 AM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 3+!!!! :):) 
    First Ultrasound: 8/20!!!!!! TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Genetics says BOTH BOYS!!!!!!!!!
    Second Ultrasound: 9/03!!!!!!!!!!

• DS 1 conceived after 18 months TTC. We conceived with a mix of femara/follistim/TI in June 2012. TTC #2 since Jan 2014.

Currently 12DPO on a medicated/TI cycle. All BFNs so far, but I didn't get a BFP with DS until 13 DPO last time, so fingers crossed. If this is a bust, we'll move on to another medicated cycle.

DH and I met my junior year in college. I went to Europe for a year on study abroad. I spent the 2nd semester in Ireland and my dh happened to be one of my new housemates. Apparently I had moved in to the party house. I had 5 housemates (2 American and 3 Irish). I had met 4 people and the 5th never introduced himself to me. All of a sudden when classes started again we had tons of people in our house all the time and I didn't know who lived there. Finally about a week after moving in, I was cooking dinner. My dh came in wearing socks (no shoes) and took milk out of the fridge. I said "I assume you live here since you're eating out of our fridge." His response "Don't assume anything!" And then he left! And that's how I met DH! We became friends soon after and started dating a few months after meeting. He's Irish, so after I went home, he flew to the US to propose. We got married right after college and I moved to Ireland to be with him.
    I'm 29. DH is 29. 
    TTC #2 since 1/14
    DX= PCOS and Annovulatory
    Cycle #1- Failed IUI 5/12
    Cycle #2- Injectibles and TI- BFP 7/13/12. Due 3/2/13
    DS born at 31w3d on 1/19/13
    For this Child I Prayed...
  • HopefulSoul2HopefulSoul2 member
    edited February 2014

Son from a previous relationship was conceived naturally and delivered in 2002.

Baseline 2/4 - RE just called and said everything looks good so I start STIMS on 2/6.  Lupron Protocol.  Had my last fireball shot on Saturday night and I'm ready to walk the straight and narrow with my fingers crossed :)

Cycle #1 - BFN 9/13

My husband and I met at the office.  I am a legal assistant and he was an associate attorney in my department.  We dated for 2 years and kept it quiet.  We "came out' in August 2012 and had a destination wedding in the DR in March of 2013.

f/k/a/ Kari3629

Me: 40/DH: 34

Unexplained IF

IVF #1 - 9/2013 8ER/5M/4EF/4ET = BFN

IVF #2 - 2/2014 - Fingers crossed this is the one!

4ER/3EF/3 "beautiful embryos" transferred - Beta March 7 = BFN :(

Everyone Welcome!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"