Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Natural/meds - how long did you bleed?

Ugh I feel like this is going to go on forever! I started bleeding from my m/c on the 17th and now here I am 12 days later, and still going like a heavy period with no signs of letting up. When it gets lighter I think i'm almost done and then BAM! heavy again. I'm SO SICK of wearing pads!!

Anyway, how long did your bleeding last?
May '15 January siggy challenge:
* Me: 33, DH: 34 * Married 11.10.06 *
DS 10.2.07 | DD 7.27.10 | 4 angel babies
BFP #7 | EDD 5.15.15 | It's a BOY!
 BabyFetus Ticker  
image  image

Re: Natural/meds - how long did you bleed?

• Options
    How far along were you because that has a lot to do with how long/heavy you will bleed? That seems like a really long time especially if it's still heavy! You poor thing.

I bled for 7 days with a 5 week pregnancy. This time I am on day 4 and it is so heavy and I foresee it lasting a lot longer (I was 10 weeks). I may just get a D&C tomorrow or Friday.
  • Options
    I'm sorry for your loss and continued discomfort.
    I miscarried Sunday and am still bleeding today. Not really filling up pads, but some blood when I go to the bathroom. Our baby measured at about 5 1/2 weeks. This was my first miscarriage so I'm not sure what the norm is either. My nurse did say my lining was still kind of thick so I expect to bleed the rest of the week. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was 8 weeks and I bled for about a week. The pads were the worst and I felt like everyone in the world could tell I was wearing one! It was decently heavy for about 5 days and then started to taper off. Hope you are almost done!

*** siggy warning- losses mentioned- everyone welcome *****

Me:  36

DH:  42  (w/ 2 children from prior marriage)

Us:  TTC for our 1st together since August 2013

1st BFP:  November 2013  (m/c at 7 wks)

2nd BFP:  February 2014  (m/c at 6 wks)

RPL Panel started in March 2014

3rd BFP:  May 2014 (m/c at 5 wks)

4th BFP:  June 2014 (CP at 4 wks)

RE appt in June 2014 (all RPL panel tests are normal...it's likely egg quality due to my age and borderline DOR)

Baseline AFC: 8 follies

2 IUI cycles (July and August 2014- both BFN)

IVF #1 w/ ICSI & PGS- October 2014 (AFC: 8 follies; ER Oct 20:  5R/3M/2F;  the 2 only made it to day 3 and stopped growing before biopsy)

key supplements: DHEA (25mg- 3x/day); CoQ10 (300 mg/day) ISWTE believer here!

IVF #2 EPP w/ ICSI & PGS- AFC:  13 follies!   10R/6M/6F-  5 biopsied for PGS- 1 normal embryo

FET scheduled for February 2015 delayed in order to do one more ER in hopes of getting at least 1 more normal embryo

IVF #3 EPP w/ ICSI & PGS:  7R/5M/5F-  2 biopsied for PGS- 1 normal embryo

FET #1 April 23, 2015:  1 PGS tested embryo transferred - BFN

FET #2 June 30, 2015:  1 PGS tested embryo transferred- BFP!! 

• Options
    Have you had an u/s to make sure you passed all the tissue? I bled for 6 weeks before I finally had to have a D&C bc of left over tissue.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #1 11/18/10 EDD 7/25/11 MMC 1/7/11 D&C 1/27/11 BFP #2 8/21/11 EDD 4/29/12 DD#1 4/19/12
  • Options
    Ditto PP. My OB/MWs did an ultrasound to confirm that the m/c was complete (ie: no tissue remained).

I bled heavily only on the day of my m/c. After that it was light bleeding for 4 days, then spotting for 3. So a total of 8 days.

I'm sorry for your loss.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP: 12/20/13 EDD: 08/23/14 (discovered m/c at 8w5d)
    BFP: 09/22/14 EDD: 06/06/15 (hoping for our rainbow)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    mine is about done, 11 days out.  a pad a day (really, less, but who wants to wear a pad for more than a day) for the last several days, only 2 pads a day before that.
    Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• Options
    I was just about 5 weeks when I miscarried on my first pregnancy. It lasted 7 days and my Dr said I could use tampon if I preferred.
  • Options
    I spotted bled for 2 weeks then when I actually started miscarrying I heavily bled for 5 days and spotted after that it has been 2 weeks since I started heavily bleeding and facially feeling normal hopefully it ends soon .. And mine was natural... Hugs!
  • Options
    My first miscarriage I bled for a week. This time around (miscarried at 20 weeks), it is two weeks and still have vaginal bleeding (enough to cautiously wear a pad but barely soaking it)
    My friend bled for a month! I think it's different for everyone
  • Options
    I bled for 10 weeks with this miscarriage (11/21), but I know that my case was abnormal. Even my obgyn was stumped as to why I was still bleeding.  With my 1st miscarriage in September, I only bled for 10 days.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"