Dads & Dads-to-be

Golf anyone??

Hey guys! I have a quick question, not parenting related. I want to get my husband some new golf shirt and shorts for V-day. I was looking online, do anyone of you recommend one brand (Nike, Adidas) over than the other? What about certain sites you recommend for more bang for my buck? TIA!!!
imageimageimage
As soon as I saw you, I knew an adventure was going to happen - Winnie the Pooh

Married 8/22/09
Pregnancy 1- EDD 11/21/10 NMC @ 6 weeks
Pregnancy 2 - Rainbow DS born 1/15/11
Pregnancy 3 - EDD 5/2/14 NMC @ 6 weeks 9/4/13
Pregnancy 4 - EDD 6/11/14 BO @ 9 weeks D&C 11/8/13
 AF arrived 12/18/13
BENCH IS BURNED 2/2014
TTA until May/Jun
WOW!!! I'm pregnant!!! BFP 6/8/14 Rainbow on the way EDD 2/14/15
If there ever comes a day where we can't be together, keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever -
Winnie the Pooh

imageimage
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Golf anyone??

• I have a couple Adidas shirts that I really like.  Everything else I have is just from places like Target.  Can't really help you with where to shop though.

• THank you!!

imageimageimage

Married 8/22/09
     AF arrived 12/18/13
    BENCH IS BURNED 2/2014
    TTA until May/Jun
    If there ever comes a day where we can't be together, keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever -
    Winnie the Pooh

imageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • ladyjenna13ladyjenna13 member
    edited February 2014

Ahhhh......my kind of topic.  Golf is my mistress, you know?

The best shirts to get are the quick dri polo's and pants/shorts.  These are great when it is really hot out, or when it rains.  All major golf brands make them, and so do Izod and Polo.  I prefer Nike and Izod on the course.

My wife bought me the upgrade for GolfLogix on my phone.  Best golf app ever, and now I can do everything on it for three years.

Target/Walmart sells recycled golf balls bulk, all the names like titlest, nike, calloway, etc.  Get him like a season basket with a box of balls, a new glove, new bag towel and tees.  I know I would love that. 

I could go on and on....  

• As far as where to go to purchase, I get all of my gear and equipment on Ebay.  So much cheaper there.  A new shirt at one of the big box stores can run 60-80.  On Ebay you can get a new shirt for20-40.  Same with all the clubs and equipment, although I would not advise a wife to buy her husband clubs or equipment.

• srcr2011srcr2011 member
    edited February 2014
    He just got a new Callaway bag and new callaway #3...I HAVE NO IDEA about golf stuff. LOL I know he goes, I know he loves it and I go shopping when he goes golfing. Anyway, I text his friend and he told me about golfwarehouse.com, I spent $243 on 2 shorts (khaki and black) and 4 shirts (the quick dry ones) and new Nike Heritage scorpion spike shoes. I also went through Ebates and got 3.4% cash back and found a coupon code for free shipping. Thanks soooo much! I hope I did ok on the shoes. His friend told me to get Nike plastic grip spikes. I googled what that was and ended up with the Nike shoes mentioned above. Lets see if those work
    imageimageimage

Married 8/22/09
     AF arrived 12/18/13
    BENCH IS BURNED 2/2014
    TTA until May/Jun
    Winnie the Pooh

imageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Those are nice shoes, they make nice grip spikes.  I personally get the Bites waterproof shoes, but that is because of the fit.

The new calloway drivers are pretty nice.  I do not hit them as well as the Taylor Made drivers, but once you start talking about this level of equipment, it really is about personal preference over quality.

Try Ebay for the really, really sweet deals on golf stuff. 

• I will try that next time!!! I would never even think of getting him the clubs without talking to his friend. I don't know which one is which, but MH needs to ones that don't curve (steel??) when he swings, he is stronger then he realizes lol. Thanks again!

imageimageimage

Married 8/22/09
     AF arrived 12/18/13
    BENCH IS BURNED 2/2014
    TTA until May/Jun
    Winnie the Pooh

imageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker

• srcr2011 said:
    I will try that next time!!! I would never even think of getting him the clubs without talking to his friend. I don't know which one is which, but MH needs to ones that don't curve (steel??) when he swings, he is stronger then he realizes lol. Thanks again!

Yes, steel shaft is correct.  Graphite is for the senior type swingers who cannot generate club head speeds..  Every club in my bag, besides my 7# Tight Lies, is steel.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"