Connecticut Babies
Options

How's Backus?

I previously delivered at Day Kimball. They nearly killed me (no joke). For my second baby I was thinking of going to Backus hospital. Has anyone been there? How was your experience? I will be having a c-section and will most likely have gestational diabetes (I did with the first). I'm not due till Early fall 2014 and currently looking for an obgyn in that area as well. All suggestions/advice welcome!!

Shawna

Re: How's Backus?

• Options

Hi Shawna,

I delivered at Backus recently. It was as good as it could be. I delivered vaginally by choice and it wasn't easy...should have done the CS, but I really didn't want to. The staff there did EVERYTHING possible to fill my wish for a vaginal delivery. They are all SO nice! I was in labor for 2 days (36 hrs) and then stayed to required 48 hours after birth, so I got to know just about everyone in the 4 day stay. It is a teaching hospital so there is a lot of staff around all the time. They helped with everything. You get a private room and shower and the walls are insulated well so you don't hear anyone else etc. I will be having my BB#2 there also...someday!

I use OBGYN Group in Norwich. It is a rotating practice which I wasn't to sure about but it worked out just fine. After being in labor for that long I saw 3 (almost 4) rotations anyway...and had help from almost everyone available. If you find a doc in the group you like you can request your appts with them too. And for you doing a CS you can choose who will do it :)

Let me know if you have more questions, happy to help.

Chloe

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"