March 2014 Moms

XP - Looks like we are about to have a live one.

Re: XP - Looks like we are about to have a live one.

• Uh... Wow. I mean I personally have decided not to work but that is because any job I get in my field won't pay enough for daycare, DH makes enough for us, and I get to be a SAHM like I've always personally wanted. But I would never suggest anyone shouldn't have kids because they want to work. My SIL amazes me with her long hours and 3 kids. She doesn't have to work. She works because she says she likes having extra spending money for vacations and buying her boys things. If I had a job that I enjoyed I'd still work and that wouldn't keep me from having kids. Plus I am a photographer and I will ease back into working full time when I am ready.
  • I agree with you @zriseon3. That is very close minded of her to suggest a person shouldn't have kids just because they want to work after baby. My H would like me to stay home but for many reasons, I will be going back to work after 12 weeks. I wonder how she would like it if someone told her she's making a bad decision by not putting her child in daycare (I couldn't read the whole thread). What would she say then? Or call her selfish for not wanting to work and help provide for the family. Daycare has lots of benefits, and I hate it when others see it as "other people parenting your child." Being an only child right now, that's the only way my LO will build social skills with other kids his age. I could go on forever, but I feel a headache coming on. She is what I call an "imbecile."
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Ummm she sounds like a spoiled little brat.

Me: 28  DH: 27
    TTC since 2011
    IVF #1 June 2013 DD born: 2/25/14
    IVF #2 January 2016 Double Transfer: 1/28/2016
    First Beta: 108 Second Beta: 360.3
    Twins EDD: 10/13/2016
  • Wow. I just...wow. That thread will definitely provide some entertainment today. I love my job. I've gone through nine years of higher education and busted my butt to get into my field. My husband loves his job and his work is important. We planned for and love this baby, but I guess we will be bad parents since we want to work and provide for his stability, health care, education, and some fun. *headdesk*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have to say also that some of the comments on that thread bug me. Some called the OP and SAHMs spoiled brats. I don't agree with that at all. Ok the OP is being a brat. But I feel blessed to get to stay home, not spoiled. My situation could change at any time. I just hope that if it does I can find a steadier income that will be enough to actually have extra after paying for daycare. Because, let's be honest, my art school degree only has so many applications and not many make much money lol. So until things change or LO starts school,I will stay home. But no woman should ever be made to feel bad for going to work. And I truly admire working moms.
  • Is this debate already starting? I'm still sick of it from my first time through.
  • it must be troll... if not ok might be entertaining, then again might give me a headache
  • OP would really hate me....and that's all I'm going to say on that matter.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I think it's absurd that she is making it seem like pregnancies are planned to a T. Our pregnancy was in between -it wasn't planned and it wasn't an oops we were just open. Who is ever actually "totally" ready for a baby anyways? What a boob.
    Married 6-1-13
    Sebastian 3-11-14
    Simon 5-2-15
    Baby #3 Due 9-29-16
  • Unreal.
    Married my best friend ~ May 31, 2008
    Adopted our furbaby Kona ~ January 17, 2010
    Trying to grow our family ~ June 2010

1st BFP 7.6.10 ~ EDD 3.15.11 ~ mmc 8.6.10 ~ d&c 8.11.10
    2nd BFP 11.4.10 ~ EDD 7.15.11 ~ HB 6w3d ~ No HB 7w ~ mmc 12.8.10 ~ d&c 12.9.10
    3rd BFP 7.12.11 ~ EDD 3.22.12 ~ HB 6w5d 124 bpm ~ Team Green ~ 
    SHE STUCK!
    4th BFP 6.20.13 ~ EDD 3.1.14 ~ HB 7w5d 153 bpm ~ A/S revealed due date possibly 2.23
    *~*~*~*EXPECT MIRACLES*~*~*~*
    Praying for peace in God's ultimate plan ~ "Be still and know that I am God." -Psalm 46:10

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • She's nuts! My husband and I would love for me to Stay home but he runs his owns business an I work for the health insurance. We have a plan where we both will work an both take are of out child!! This women lives under a rock for sure
  • Not buying that this poster is real.  But I agree with @rockopera, no one should feel the need to prove shit to internet strangers. Live your life however the hell you want to.

BabyFruit Ticker

My Third Tri Feelings
  • She's a troll! I am lucky enough in Canada to get a year off, but I am going to go back to work and I look forwards to it. I have parented my child and gone to school and worked for well over a decade, but I always make it to see firsts and ensure that I get to be part of the things my son does and have been doing it for over a decade. I plan to do this with this baby too!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I couldn't help but respond to that shit. What an asshole. I saw a lot of other March mamas who had responded too!
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   image

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Kari~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

• MissfunballMissfunball member
    edited February 2014
    I cannot keep reading...my mind literally just blew something.

I just don't understand her post.  It was judgey and didn't even ask a question, I'm going to give her the benefit and hope she's just young and needs assistance in how to phrase things....otherwise....you know....

What she should have said if she still felt obligated to post:
    I was wondering what your stance was on being a STAHM.  I personally feel that if the situation allows it, that there should be at least one STAHP - to me, its the responsible decision, especially in cases of planned pregnancies.  What do you think?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers   
  • There is no way that's real. Absolute MUD.
    imageimage
  • Stay at home or not, it is like she's assuming that daycares are bad places for children.  I believe that many children benefit socially from being in daycare.

I want to go back to work.  I love having a career.  Do I feel guilty about it? Yes.  Do I think I should feel guilty about it? No.  But I do anyway.
    Married 4-26-2011  Me 31 DH 28  
    TTC since 12/2011  
    5/4/13-IUI #1=BFN,  6/3/13-IUI #2=BFN, 7/1/2013-IUI #3=BFP!!!
    Little Man arrived 3/28/14 at 10:32pm
    9 lb 1 oz & 21 3/4 inches

• I agree she has to be a troll. My pregnancy insomnia had me lurking and I couldn't help but post. I knew it would be a LONG day!

• I couldn't get past the 1st page. Ugh!

• sebullowssebullows member
    edited February 2014
    DH and I are both in shock! I am a teacher and make very little money. My husband is an accountant and doesn't make much himself. We will never be rich and struggle to live "comfortably". We will be hard working lower middle class for the rest of our lives and we are fine with that. If I didn't have to go back to work for the money, I wouldn't. So what she's saying is, I'm never entitled to have a baby. Ever.
  • $100 says that her husband leaves her in the next five years.  With such an entitled attitude and lack of compassion and perspective, I can't imagine her being married forever.  She would then have to work like most women do :)
    Officially started TTC January 2012
    Dx with PCOS November 2012
    2/2013 - First round of Femara - No O
    Took 2 months to get vaccinated from the chickenpox
    5/2013 - Second round Femara - No O
    6/2013 - Third round of Femara + HCG Trigger Shot = O!
    7/18/2013 - Found out I was pregnant
    Dx with Gestational Diabetes at 28 weeks
    Dx with Macrosomia at 33 weeks
    Taking Glyburide and Metformin to control GD
    Due date is March 29th but we are moving forward with a scheduled C-Section on March 25th

• Oh look, a one-size-fits-all parenting idea. How cute.
    image image
    D: Born 7.14.11
    Baby #2: BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
    O: Born 3.2.14 (med-free!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"