Preemies
Options

Triplet moms pregnancies

23 weeks tomorrow with triplet boys.  Really no problems besides what they call "uterine irritability."  Checking cervix due to 2 LEEPs and DD being born at 36w6d every 2 wks since 16 weeks.  Cervix has been great...around 4.3-4.6 for 6 weeks, just dipped to under 4 Monday.  Feel like I have so much energy and can go up and down stairs 20 times a day without a problem.  Hard to slow down.  Give me some realism!  How was your triplet pregnancy and how long did you go?  Any issues around the mid-20 to late-20 weeks?  Should I really be taking it easier?  We do have an au pair who has our 15 mo old DD from 7a-2p, but since I work from home, I go it and play with them, etc every 2 hours or so.
Thanks! 

No periods due to 17 years of ballet and distance running after college.  Zero response to 2 months of Clomid, little response to Letrozole.  IUI left with 9 cysts = too many viable eggs due to age.  On to IVF.  Low dose of all meds still produced 37 mature eggs 12.6.11.  Froze due to overstimulation.  

FET #1.1 1.22.12 BFN.   FET #1.2 2.22.12=GRACE! (and a vanishing twin).  

Grace Katherine born 10.25.12 @ 36w6w 6#14oz 19.5".
FET #1.3 3.2013 BFN FET#1.4 4.2013 BFN. Never tried a fresh transfer.  Let's try, despite 10 still frozen.  
ER 6.26.13 27 mature eggs, slight overstim. ET   7.1.13 ectopic, FET 2.1  9.10.14   TRIPLETS!!  

Boys born 3.18.14 @ 29w5d.  Andrew Jack 3#6oz 16", Grant Robert 3#9oz 16", Charles Phillip 3#7oz 17".

Re: Triplet moms pregnancies

• Options
    Ditto PP. With only two to bake, my "irritable uterus" kicked in around 22w, I was pulled off of exercise and basically told I could work (at my desk) and be a couch potato. Placed on MBR at 26w -- and was only able to keep these ladies baking until 29w and change.

Truly, I'm in the "you can never be too careful" camp -- anything you can do to minimize your NICU time is time well spent! Especially ESPECIALLY if you have (even late term) premature birth in your history.
    TTC Since 11/10 due to Unexplained IF 
    4 Rounds of Clomid, 2 Rounds of Femara + IUI, 2 rounds of IUI+ Injectables (Bravelle + Menopur) = First BFP! TWIN GIRLS!

November 2, 2012 - Claire (2lbs 8.9oz) and Paige (2lbs 10oz) arrive at 29w3d due to PTL and pPROM at 28w5d 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I remember hitting the proverbial brick wall around 23 weeks with my twins. I was admitted to hospital bedrest at 24 weeks until they were born at 34w5d.  I'd had history of preterm delivery (first kid), and my cervical length halved in length. And I as also "advanced maternal age" with uterine irritability.
    Yes, try and slow it down. If you're doing any type of house work, just try to commit to being off your feet by a certain time, like 5 pm, or as soon as your DH gets home, and just rest on the couch with your LO with your feet up. I would also highly recommend that you at least make a fall-back plan for your LO's full time care, just in case you do have to go to the hospital very early (says the voice of experience). and hopefully you will never need to put the plan into action.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers  image

Lilypie - (9CKY)Lilypie - (xzY1)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks all! Feel like I hit a Wall yesterday after taking DD to be 15 mo pedi appt (with au pair in tow) Yesterday. 7:30P and BAM! Thankfully mom was here to help and would be here any time I needed. Hard to ask her not to go to work even if it is a family business. I may soon need extra help esp 6-7 am when DD Wakes up (play change eat) til au pair has her. Well take ur advice..need more couch time. DD will not sit still for a second but while mom was here yesterday she played with her while I was in the same room. Hate this stomach tightening/uterine irritably feeling!
  • Options
    mommaoftripsmommaoftrips member
    edited February 2014
    Yes, take it easy. Like PP says - play on the side of caution. Looking back now, I know I didn't do that and I did WAY too much b/c I felt good. BAM just before 24 weeks went into preterm labour, which resulted in no cervix, fully effaced, 5cm dilated and membranes bulging. Needless to say I remained in hospital until my water broke at just over 28 weeks. Truthfully, from now until 28 weeks are the MOST crucial for your boys - take it really easy. GL
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"