Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Sleep...help!

My son is almost 8 weeks old.  He sleeps okay at night and will sleep in the pack n play.  During the day is another story.  He will only sleep in my arms or in the car.  When the movement stops, he wakes up.  I have tried putting him to sleep in the swing and bouncer but he just cries and doesn't fall alseep.  Any suggestions.  How do you put your baby to sleep?  Where does your baby nap? TIA!

Re: Sleep...help!

• My little guy was like that too would only nap on my chest at around 8 weeks I kept going to his room for naps turn off lights put on white noise put him in sleep sack then rock him to sleep and put in crib I did this every day sometimes he would wake up right away and I'd pick up rock back to sleep sometimes he'd last longer but I was consistent and now he takes naps in his crib but I still rock to sleep he can't self soothe he's ten weeks now and usually naps 30 min to one hour 3-4 times a day. He outgrew it when he was ready I'm sure yours will too right now do whatever it takes to get them to sleep maybe try baby wrap it helps
  • Do you have a moby or sling? Maybe your LO will be happy sleeping in a sling. Then you will have your arms free and hopefully get other things done.

• Loading the player...
  • white noise might help, it helped my dd. good luck
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to get my baby to nap. Nothing worked other than bouncing him on an exercise ball. I was at my wits end until I just accepted it. He is 11 weeks now and its starting to get better. The only thing that helped was watching the clock. He can stay awake for about an hour before he needs to nap. I still have to bounce until he is asleep but then I can put him in his crib and he will sleep for about 30-45 minutes. It is so frustrating I know but it will get better. 
  • Thanks ladies.  I have been having him sleep in a baby carrier most of the time so I can at least get things done.  I am hoping it will get better soon.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"