Special Needs

Brag Day Open Letter Combo

Didn't see a BDW so here it is!

If I don't post it by noon feel free to start one!!!
WAY 2 Cool 4 School

Re: Brag Day Open Letter Combo

• Loading the player...
  • Dear DD,
    I'm beyond thrilled at the amount of affection and interaction you have allowed this week. I will gladly let you open the bathroom door and come give me a hug just to have your sweet hugs and kisses. Its been absolutely wonderful to be able to give and get affection from you without you having meltdown. I love you so much.
    Love,
    Mommy

Dear behavioral group receptionist,
    I know I call daily about getting an appointment, and I understand we're on both the wait and cancellation lists. Please try not to sound so irritated that I am calling so much. I'm just trying to get my daughter seen and evaluated because we really don't know how to handle her problems and we need help. I'm sure there are several other parents trying for the same, we're just trying to keep her from falling through the cracks and get her the therapies she needs as early as possible so that our lives can be manageable. Until we get an actual appointment, calling about any openings is the only thing that feels like we're doing something.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Junebug060609Junebug060609 member
    edited February 2014
    Ok, i have to add one in from today. I took DS to à small local museum. Think like a mini aquarium with some other animals kept outside. He did great! I was daring and went sans stroller (he is a runner and I am almost 27w pregnant) knowing it was relatively small and contained. He actually turned around for me when he was running most of the time. For the indoor stuff (running was outdoors), he did well paying attention to the fish. Last time we went to an aquarium (maybe ten months ago, he was about 18 mos) he was a running maniac and barely noticed the fish. His stereotypy for sure showed through, but I expected that. His interest in the exhibits, following my point when I showed him coyotes and the like, and that he generally listened to my directions was a great surprise. I knew he would do better than he used to, but I honestly wasnt expecting this well :D

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"