May 2014 Moms
Options

I'm a bitch.

My MIL texted me early this morning and all it said was "6 months today!" Took me a second to realize what she was getting at, but then I figured it out. I'm due May 3rd, today is February 3rd, so yeah, I guess you'd call that 6 months. She's super excited (first grandchild) and she is very sweet to think of me. I could have just said something like "Oh Emm Geee, I'm totes excited" and left it at that, but that's not how I'm feeling today. I felt the need to knock her down a peg. So I went with this instead:

"Actually pregnancy months go by 4 week increments instead of calendar months. So technically 40 weeks of pregnancy = 10 months. That's what I go by. So really I'm 6.75 months as of this past Saturday. "

Yea, I'm a total bitch. I did follow up with "either way I'm officially in my 3rd trimester and getting really excited!" Trying to cover my tracks. And for the record, if anyone else asks how far along I am, I would probably say 6 months.

Anyone else want to share a bitchy moment?
BFP#1 8/3/12~EDD 4/1/13~Natural M/C 9/1/12-9w6d 
BFP#2 5/30/13~EDD 2/3/14~Confirmed CP 5/31/13
7/12/13 Hysteroscopy & Lap Lysis of Adhesions
1st Cycle on Clomid Aug '13: BFP#3 8/24/13~EDD 5/3/14
Hoping Third Time's a Charm!!- IT'S A GIRL!!!! 
KAYLIE MARIE IS HERE! BORN 5/4/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Lilypie - (nUwf)

All AL-ers welcome in my posts! <3

Re: I'm a bitch.

• Options
    lol.  My mother in law doesn't even know my due date.  She is so unattached to this pregnancy. 
    Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
    PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
    Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
    <3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
    Asher Benjamin  April 2010
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • Options
    lol.  My mother in law doesn't even know my due date.  She is so unattached to this pregnancy. 

I doubt mine does either.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I doubt mine does either.

Mine only does because it's the same day as her wedding anniversary.
  • Options
    I would be annoyed too!  My MIL emailed me this weekend asking what my due date was, so there's that :-)  Congrats on third tri!

• Options
    Older people have no idea how to count by weeks. It's almost laughable. A lady asked me how far along I was "and don't tell me weeks. Tell me months because weeks doesn't make sense!" I don't get how weeks don't make sense?
  • Options
    How dare she think of you.
    Pregnancy Ticker 
    DS - 2 years old
  • Options

I know, right?

Seriously, I am so grateful that she wants to be involved and is so excited. But there's a balance that is sorely lacking. This is the same woman who went out and bought over 100 outfits (not kidding) of boys and girls stuff, all different sizes and seasons, before we even knew what we were having. And she calls her "our baby".

I guess the grass is always greener, right?

BFP#1 8/3/12~EDD 4/1/13~Natural M/C 9/1/12-9w6d 
    BFP#2 5/30/13~EDD 2/3/14~Confirmed CP 5/31/13
    7/12/13 Hysteroscopy & Lap Lysis of Adhesions
    1st Cycle on Clomid Aug '13: BFP#3 8/24/13~EDD 5/3/14
    Hoping Third Time's a Charm!!- IT'S A GIRL!!!! 
    KAYLIE MARIE IS HERE! BORN 5/4/14

Lilypie - (nUwf)

All AL-ers welcome in my posts! <3
  • Options

Throughout history people have been pregnant for nine months which is about right from the day of conception to the due date.  Saying it in weeks makes it so confusing because when you turn it into simple math...you would be pregnant for 10 months forgetting that some months have close to 5 weeks and the first two weeks your not actually pregnant.    Before I was ever pregnant, I thought people talking in weeks did make it confusing because the normal person thinks in terms of 9 months and doesn't realize your including the two weeks you weren't even pregnant.  Not everyone's life revolves around pregnancy trackers.

I hate being asked how far along I am because I never know what to say.  I usually just say I am due at the end of may and let them calculate however they want.

• Options
    No *new* bitchy moment here, but I love yours. :) I would have done something similar.
    Anniversary
  • Options

Same here. I have told her multiple times that the latest I will go is the 15th and she was telling DH about an equipment show that is the 17th and 18th and he had to explain why that wouldn't work.

Anniversary 
    Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!

• Options

I know, right?

Seriously, I am so grateful that she wants to be involved and is so excited. But there's a balance that is sorely lacking. This is the same woman who went out and bought over 100 outfits (not kidding) of boys and girls stuff, all different sizes and seasons, before we even knew what we were having. And she calls her "our baby".

I guess the grass is always greener, right?

Egh mine calls the baby "MY baby" like the kid is her's. I just let it slide because I know she is very excited for her first grand baby but it kind of irks me. She also can't remember the date and just yesterday was like "oh I thought it was the 22nd..." Questioning me like I had it wrong lol. Nope still the 19th!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    MigggMiggg member
    edited February 2014

Oh I have had plenty of similarly bitchy moments! Last night a friend with a baby was saying how much she missed being pregnant, how it was the most amazing, fabulous, wonderful nine months of her life. So I told her she could carry my baby the rest of the way then because I think being pregnant sucks, what with the constant agonizing pain, the feeling that every bone in my back, hips and pelvis is shattering with each step I take, constant comments about how huge I am, and the violent vomiting when I try to eat something healthy.

I really am grateful to be having this experience but hearing about other women's flawless pregnancies makes me a little stabby when I'm in so much pain.

• Options
    Meh. We all have bitchy moments! I probably would have said the same! My mom doesn't even know I'm pregnant. Why? Because she's the bitch. Which makes me bitchy. Its a vicious circle.
    DH is mad at his dad (and has been for several years). Therefore, he has decided not to tell FIL that we are pregnant. I have no idea how that's going to work long term.

I'm selfishly using DHs cray cray to keep the pregnancy off Facebook... Where I have his dad friended. Cause he's not a bad person- he's just really really (possibly irrevocably) pissed DH off. I still like the guy.

I feel like a total bitch when I post something with a veiled reference to the pregnancy and his dad "likes" it or comments obliviously. It'd be so easy to just say something to him- but then I'd be "out" on Facebook and DH would be grumpy with me (not angry just mild grumpiness- he knows its a stupid idea to try to keep his dad from finding out).... And I'd rather not have either of those happen right now.
    Friends for 17 years. Married 10. TTC since Jan 2009.
    3 IVFs, 4 FETs, 11 transferred embryos, 3 losses (c/p, 6w, 17w)
    2012: Lost "Peanut" at 17weeks to PTL/IC.
    2013: IVF#3/FET#4  Elisabeth CJ born April 30, 2014
    Cerclage, P17, and 3 months of bed rest brought us our Rainbow.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
     Dum spiro, spero.
  • Options
    My FIL was over yesterday and he's a bit of a judgemental douche. He asked if we were getting LO baptised and I said we may have my dad do a blessing, as he's an inter-faith minister. He then immediately went on to bad mouth my SIL (his daughter) because her 2 sons aren't baptised. He said we could tag it on to our daughter's blessing because she needs to get it done and he keeps telling her to. It really bugged me that he thinks he has the right to tell her how to raise her children when he walked out on his own, so I just told him "we'll that's a decision only she can make". He shut up after that.

09/23/11 - Married DH

04/01/13 - BFP at 4wks

05/30/13 - MMC - BO @ 12wks 5d

08/29/13 - BFP @ 4wks 4d

09/17/13 - 7wks 2d - Normal HB Detected! Baby measuring perfect for dates and positioning!  

10/23/13 - 12wks 3d - Perfect NT scan! HB 167 & baby wriggling, waving & yawning!

12/17/13 - 20wks 2 d - We're having a beautiful baby girl! Go Team Pink!

05/03/14 - Bobbie Gloria was born at 39+6 weighing 6lb 14oz!

• Options
    Mine is SOOO attached to this pregnancy but is forgetful about EVERYTHING!! She and a friend of mine are planning my baby shower and MIL seriously had to ask me twice already what the date was again. Only because she said someone told her she said a different date... Seriously?! You're the one planning it how do you not know the damn date by now! I only know about it cause they had to plan around my military schedule. UGH... can't wait for the shower to be done and over with.

**Lighting a candle in memory of our angel babies and angel mama in heaven from May'14**
  • Options
    You know, a lot of the thing my in-laws used to do would really, really bug me. And some truly were inappropriate.  For me, it was more how my FIL treated me rather than my MIL.  But I think I see things differently now that I have a DS and another DS on the way.  Hopefully, some day I will have a DIL and she will have a baby and I will be the "MIL."  I will likely never have a daughter as we are pretty much done after this.  But that thought always reminds me to put myself in my in-laws' shoes and treat them how I would want to be treated because it probably will be me some day. 
    IF DX: DOR & Fragile X pre-mutation carrier
    2011: FSH 13.3 & E 99; AMH 0.54 2nd FSH 6.2 E 40's AFC: 8
    BFP from Clomid/IUI ~ Pre-e and IUGR during pregnancy ~ DS born 9/4/12
    Feb./March 2013: AMH less than 0.16 (undectable) and AFC = 4;
    BFP from supps ~ DS#2 due May 2014

May 2014 January Siggy Challenge:
  • Options
    After my MIL responded to our pregnancy announcement with the following statement, I've decided that i can be as bitchy as I want to her infrequent fake conversation about how I am or anything baby.  She actually said,  "OMG you guys are killing me! Four grandkids in four years [*2 for BIL, 2 for us, just to clarify]? Well this one finally better be a girl for all the trouble!"

ERM, 'all the trouble'? Are you carrying, birthing and raising them? Fuck off.
    BabyFetus Ticker

image image image
  • Options
    IBackBevo said:

You know, a lot of the thing my in-laws used to do would really, really bug me. And some truly were inappropriate.  For me, it was more how my FIL treated me rather than my MIL.  But I think I see things differently now that I have a DS and another DS on the way.  Hopefully, some day I will have a DIL and she will have a baby and I will be the "MIL."  I will likely never have a daughter as we are pretty much done after this.  But that thought always reminds me to put myself in my in-laws' shoes and treat them how I would want to be treated because it probably will be me some day. 

Yeah this. I feel sorry for MILs. They can't win. If they show interest in our pregnancies they apparently do it wrong, and if they ignore our pregnancies we get offended. Most of us will be mother in laws someday so I always give mine the benefit of the doubt. Hopefully my future DILs do the same for me.
    Pregnancy Ticker 
    DS - 2 years old
  • Options
    I really appreciate how excited my MIL is about this baby, but she drives me nuts too! She acts like it's her having the baby with all of the stuff she's bought for herself/her house. News flash - he's not moving in with you!! She's probably got more gear and clothes for him (to keep at her house of course) than I do. And she keeps calling him our baby or our boo. Um no. He's my baby, lady, and 80% of the time he's at your house, I'll be there too. She really acts as though she'll have him for hours at a time. Nope, sorry.

Whew, rant over. I feel better.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    IBackBevo said:

This is is exactly my thinking.

Making the decision to have a child - it is momentous. 
    It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. - Elizabeth Stone
  • Options
    Glad I'm not the only one feeling crabby. For me it's directed towards everyone at work though!

As for weeks or months...I understand how people are better able to make sense of months...but I honestly have no idea how many months pregnant I am ever. I like the idea of just giving people the due date and letting them run with it.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    If it makes anyone feel better, I've seen my step-MIL once since I got pregnant and that was before Christmas. She never comes to visit when FIL comes over (we live 5
    mins away from SIL too - 2 birds 1 stone) and when we visit them, she couldn't be less interested.

"I'm here if you need anything" means squat if you're retired and don't even come over to say hi when your husband is over this way at least once a week.

09/23/11 - Married DH

04/01/13 - BFP at 4wks

05/30/13 - MMC - BO @ 12wks 5d

08/29/13 - BFP @ 4wks 4d

09/17/13 - 7wks 2d - Normal HB Detected! Baby measuring perfect for dates and positioning!  

10/23/13 - 12wks 3d - Perfect NT scan! HB 167 & baby wriggling, waving & yawning!

12/17/13 - 20wks 2 d - We're having a beautiful baby girl! Go Team Pink!

05/03/14 - Bobbie Gloria was born at 39+6 weighing 6lb 14oz!

• Options
    We should have had a MIL vent a long time ago. I like to get this stuff out. My MIL doesn't seem to care about my pregnancy at all. I thought she did in the beginning and now I guess she got bored of it. Originally she kept telling me I'm huge and it's probably twins(it's not). I'm now on strike and refuse to talk about it because I'm curious if she will even ask about me or the baby. Not that I want attention, but it's weird to me. My family is thrilled and want to feel the baby kicking and it's all they talk about.
    She keeps pushing us to look for baby furniture at a thrift store. No problem with thrift store shopping, but she just doesn't find it acceptable to buy new.We can definitely afford it. She then felt bad for my husband spending so much money so she offered to pay for the babies furniture. I told my DH to politely say no thanks! She only wants to talk about the baby/pregnancy if she has something negative to say.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"