August 2012 Moms
Options

Silly Nicknames

We have a silly nickname for our DD.  We call her Bubbles because when she was smaller she used to make bubbles with her mouth and butt at the same time!  My brother-in-law says it creeps him out because he thinks of Michael Jackson's chimp named Bubbles.  LOL

Does anyone else have any silly nicknames that they have given their babies?  Please share

Re: Silly Nicknames

• Options
    DH calls her turd a lot--awful, I know :/ we mostly call her care-care:)

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Doodle bug now and then. I'll call her kiddo and for some reason always want to say kiddo kid-doodle, and that morphed into doodle bug. DH likes to call her the little dictator. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I call Bentley wiggles and drake cuddles because one wiggles and one cuddles.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Googie- from when he was teeny tiny and his first babble was "ah-goo."
  • Options
    I call her bubs and angelfish. No clue where they came from.

DH calls her turkey and ladybug.

we both refer to her as Z or Zbee
  • Options
    We call her Bean, Beanie, or Miss Pinky Toe. Lol. That last one is from Bubble Guppies, her favorite show.

• Options
    We call DS Bubs, Bub or Bubbers sometimes. His name has the -ub sound in it, and DH is always making up strange names for the kids. Bub is the one that stuck for DS. Tumbleweed (not at all related to her real name) has stuck for DD, though I don't call her that much.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Scoobs, or Scooby. DH started calling her goober, then goobs, and then it turned in Scoobs.
    BFP #1 9/2010 (lost our baby at 21 weeks) BFP #2 8/2011 (ectopic pregnancy) BFP #3 10/2011 (chemical pregnancy) BFP #4 12/2011 (Abigail born 8/15/12) BFP #5 5/2013 (Griffin born 1/23/14 with heart defects, now repaired!)

photo 72ec2e97-1e39-4650-8caa-7a40c9ac500b.jpg imagephoto 929c6b58-8824-44a8-a8a6-68330306a3a9.jpg
  • Options
    DD's nicknames are as follows:
    • Peanut P. Nutterson - generally shortened to P, Nutterson, or Nutters.  Or "The Nutters" when we refer to her and she's not here.  (Example: "Are you going to pick up The Nutters from daycare?"
    • Bombers and/or Bomb City.  This comes from DH who always said they were "bombin' around" when she was little.  Now he calls her Bombers or Bomb City all the time.  He's weird.
    • Ladybug or Baby bug
    • Small fry, which morphed into French fry when my friend who lives in France gave us some French cloth diapers.
    • Chickadee or chicken
    • Lala or Char-Char, which is what other little kids call her when they can't say her name (Charlotte)
    These are exceptionally bizarre, I know.
  • Options
    We call T a variety of names usually T or Mr. T. But we'll throw in T-Rex or Buddy every once in a while. Non-family members and non-close friends will shorten his name and call him that but we NEVER use his abbreviated name for DS since my FIL is usually called that.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    @piphigirl you are a woman after my own heart-- a serial nicknamer! ;) DS, DH, and i, and our 3 cats, all have a long list of ridiculous nicknames. i always said to DH that it didn't matter what we named our kid because we'd just end up calling him/her by some over-the-top-goofy nickname, and sure enough, here we are referring to our son as "googie."
  • Options
    Piphigirl - love all of those nicknames, they are too cute!

I call Jeffrey "sweet pea" and DH calls him monkey because he is always climbing around. His middle name is Thomas and before he was born, DH thought we would call him JT alot but that hasn't stuck yet.
  • Options
    Logan is known as Logie Bear. We call him that, my stepkids have started calling him that, grandparents have started using it. I love buying him clothes with bears on it. I think birthday party #2 will be bear theme.

Anniversary
  • Options
    We use Betty Boo, bubby, buddy, baby, boo boo, bebe. Basically any blend of B sounds and vowels that trip off my tongue at the time. Sometimes it sounds like I'm just slurring her name!

• Options
    Her nicknames are Jax, Appleseed, Bug, punkin, Monkey, Bean.
    MIL calls her Buckaroo a lot. And Bambino

DD Born August 16, 2012
    DS Due April 27, 2015
  • Options
    I call DD "buggy" fairly often. DS gets called "little man" a lot

• Options

When I was pregnant we always refered to the baby as sweet pea (we didn't know the sex).  Sweat pea stuck for a little bit, but not too long.  We don't have any true nicknames, but we call her differant things on occassion. 

DH sometimes calls her Princess, which I morphed into Princess Buttercup!  Then there is Jelly Belly ... monkey butt or panda butt (depending on what animal is on the butt of her pants). 

My Journey to Motherhood
    Me 36, DH 42
    7.5 years of TTC ... It never gets any easier.

Baby Girl # 1
    TTC Since January 2009
    Reproductive Endocrinologist diagnosed us "Unexplained Infertility".
    After 3 years . . . 3 IUIs . . . and 3 IVFs . . . our miracle GIRL arrived on August 6, 2012.

Baby Girl # 2
    TTC Since June 2013
    Got pregnant on our own without Fertility Treatments - January 2016!  Thank you snow storm Jonas!
    EDD 10/15/16
    At 20-week anatomy scan found IUGR (Intrauterine Growth Restriction), and very low Amniotic Fluid.  Now, I'm High Risk and have weekly ultrasounds to monitor fluid and growth.  If baby runs out of room or is too growth restricted, they will deliver ASAP.  My current goal is to make it to 28 weeks!   

Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"