Nebraska Babies
Options

Moving to Lincoln this Spring

Hi All!
My husband has just accepted a transfer to Lincoln. He is going to start working/traveling to Lincoln and I will join him after our baby is due in April.

We are working with a realtor and looking for houses. My question for you is:

Where should we live? What neighborhoods are good for young families?

We are not fans of new builds, in fact we like historic houses with charm. When we were in Lincoln recently we decided we liked the Country Club area and Indian Village, are there any young families in those neighborhoods?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
T

Re: Moving to Lincoln this Spring

• Options
    We bought a house in Papillion after renting in different locations throughout Omaha for a few years. It has older homes with nice big trees and I hear the school system is highly rated.
  • Options
    Thanks for your help, Papillion looks really cute! However we really want to stick to Lincoln to be close to work.

Anyone have ideas for Lincoln?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Whoops! I read your question wrong. I lived in Lincoln while getting my dental degree. There are so many great places to live in Lincoln. It's a little big town. I would recommend getting something within a few miles of your work, because they don't have any highways in town so it's all stop and go traffic.
  • Options
    I grew up in Lincoln. For older houses, the Sheridan and Piedmont areas are really nice, but I would recommend trying to be zoned for either East high school or Southwest high school. The various elementaries and middle schools that feed into those are good too. Piedmont might be in the East school zone, but I'm not sure on that. I believe Sheridan feeds into Southeast.
  • Options
    We live in the Eastridge neighborhood. We have a great elementary school and a neighborhood pool by the park. It's located in East-central Lincoln. Good luck on house hunting!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My mother lives in the Sheridan area and it's awesome because there are a ton of kids and the houses are older. My mom gets about 100 trick or treaters a year compared to the 10 I would get at my house.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"