September 2013 Moms
Options

NBR: Surgeon Walks 6 Miles Through Storm to Perform Surgery

Time for some good news!

Did you ladies hear about the brain surgeon who walked 6 miles in the ice-storm down South to provide a life-saving surgery???

He was working in one hospital while, 6 miles away another hospital took a turn for the worst. He needed a certain surgery that only this surgeon could do, and driving was not an option due to the snow and ice. They reported that if the patient hadn’t gotten the surgery there was a 90% chance he would have died.

OH and the kicker? While he was walking he also helped some stranded vehicle get un-stuck.

The patient who had the surgery is doing well.

Some. People. Are. Good.

URL:   https://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2014/01/31/269380564/brain-surgeon-walks-six-miles-through-storm-to-save-patient

BFP 01/05/2013. EDD 09/18/2013. Low Progesterone. Gestational Diabetes. Rh Negative. Baby Ky-Mani born 100% healthy 09/17/2013. TTC#2 12/2013. BFP 02/01/2014! "Baby RaggaMuffin" due 10/07/2014.

Re: NBR: Surgeon Walks 6 Miles Through Storm to Perform Surgery

• Options
    That's an awesome story. Thank you for sharing. I live in Birmingham and it was a hot mess here on Tuesday. It was scary. It's nice to see a good story instead of all the bad for a change.
  • Options
    That's pretty awesome. There was a story about a woman and her husband who were stuck. She was in labor. A police officer was walking up and down the highway to check on people and helped her husband deliver their baby. It was the police officer's birthday.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @imakeeff0rts: That's a cool story, and I am sure it was most of our nightmares back in September (giving birth in a car!) ah. At least she will get the "I went natural" badge on her Bump siggie. ha ha!

BFP 01/05/2013. EDD 09/18/2013. Low Progesterone. Gestational Diabetes. Rh Negative. Baby Ky-Mani born 100% healthy 09/17/2013. TTC#2 12/2013. BFP 02/01/2014! "Baby RaggaMuffin" due 10/07/2014.

• Options
    @kimberlymacrae I couldn't have delivered in a car if I wanted to. I guess my ass would have been trekking it to the hospital.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Options
    Awesome story, and I love how humble he is.
  • Options
    That was here in GA. Our state is pretty awesome. Just saying!
  • Options
    RagsdaleA said:

That was here in GA. Our state is pretty awesome. Just saying!

Actually, that was in Birmingham, AL.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Toby, my furry baby
  • Options
    Oh my b...ha! Snow storm gave me a brain fart apparently.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"