May 2014 Moms
Options

Super bowl XLVIII

kshampenykshampeny member
edited February 2014 in May 2014 Moms
Go Broncos!!!!!

Let the smack talk begin...
Introducing the Rowselettes, Archer and Xander.
Want to know more about me?  Check out my blog. :)

Re: Super bowl XLVIII

• Options
    I'm more a fan of the puppy bowl but I'm a Denver fan too. Go Broncos!!!
  • Options
    There must be some ladies excited about the food!! Homemade chicken wings and pulled pork here.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    So excited to watch the commercials and snack all night long!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've got my blue and orange on too!!! So excited to finally be at the big game! I wish I could PIP our neighbors yard decorations right now.....Life size Manning, orange and blue lights, and the enitre front of his house says "OMAHA!" lol

Mrs. B's Ovulation Chart
    TTC Baby B since 10/2012
    BFP#1 12/27/12 II TWIN GIRLS II D&C 2/15/13 TRAP sequence

Clomid + TI + Acupuncture x 2 cycles

BFP#2 9/5/13 II EDD 5/16/14 II Beckett Ryan born May 10, 2014

• Options
    I've got my blue and orange on too!!! So excited to finally be at the big game! I wish I could PIP our neighbors yard decorations right now.....Life size Manning, orange and blue lights, and the enitre front of his house says "OMAHA!" lol
    Holy Awesome!  You must live near Denver. :)
  • Options
    Gooooo Broncos!
  • Options
    kshampeny said:
    We live about 45 min north in Fort Collins. I'm just thankful I can still fit in my jersey, another week or two and it wouldn't have made it!

Mrs. B's Ovulation Chart
    TTC Baby B since 10/2012

• Options
    We're a Seahawks house. We're having friends over and the festivities will start at 10:30pm, due to finish at about 3am or whenever the game is over.

That's what you get for living on the other side of the Atlantic. I booked the day off work tomorrow.

09/23/11 - Married DH

04/01/13 - BFP at 4wks

05/30/13 - MMC - BO @ 12wks 5d

08/29/13 - BFP @ 4wks 4d

09/17/13 - 7wks 2d - Normal HB Detected! Baby measuring perfect for dates and positioning!  

10/23/13 - 12wks 3d - Perfect NT scan! HB 167 & baby wriggling, waving & yawning!

12/17/13 - 20wks 2 d - We're having a beautiful baby girl! Go Team Pink!

05/03/14 - Bobbie Gloria was born at 39+6 weighing 6lb 14oz!

• Options
    kshampeny said:
    We live about 45 min north in Fort Collins. I'm just thankful I can still fit in my jersey, another week or two and it wouldn't have made it!

Haha!  Same here.  Mine just barely squeezes over my belly as you can see.  I am so excited to still be able to wear it for the big day.

• Options

Definitely rooting for Manning and the Broncos this year.  I think we're doing brats and other munchies all evening.  Gotta pause the game during DD's bedtime, though, so hopefully it doesn't run too late!  Just wish I was able to enjoy a good beer with all the good food and football..

We'll be recording the Puppy Bowl for DD to watch at a later date since she'd totally get a kick out of it :)

PitaPata Dog tickers

• Options
    I'm cheering for the Broncos because I love Peyton Manning, but I'm mostly here for the buffalo chicken dip.
    Anniversary 
  • Options
    Baked ziti, shrimp, chicken taquitos, chips and queso, chicken wings, cheese and crackers, and a football chocolate chip cookie cake= my Super Bowl Sunday...don't care for either team.
  • Options
    Go Broncos!

7-layer dip, weenies 2-ways, cheese and crackers, and veggie tray.

imageimageimage

• Options
    It's feeling a little lonely over here on the Seahawks side! Btw - BBQ ribs, nachos with cheese, salsa and guac and potato skins.

09/23/11 - Married DH

04/01/13 - BFP at 4wks

08/29/13 - BFP @ 4wks 4d

09/17/13 - 7wks 2d - Normal HB Detected! Baby measuring perfect for dates and positioning!  

10/23/13 - 12wks 3d - Perfect NT scan! HB 167 & baby wriggling, waving & yawning!

• Options
    Yay chicken wings!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    awc1986 said:

It's feeling a little lonely over here on the Seahawks side!

Btw - BBQ ribs, nachos with cheese, salsa and guac and potato skins.

:-q

(in regards to liking the Seahawks, FTR I'd never give a thumbs down to food)

imageimageimage

• Options
    Go Broncos!!! DH and I have decided to stay home since I get up at 4AM for work and we are supposed to get snow tonight. I have chicken in the crockpot for pulled chicken sandwiches, chips and homemade chip dip, pickles, and other assorted snacks. Going to start watching the puppy bowl here shortly!!

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    madelined633madelined633 member
    edited February 2014
    IL girl here, but I'm sporting blue and orange today! Wish I was going to a Super Bowl party with food, but no such luck tonight. Dinner at my in laws, but it should still be fun and hey, I don't have to cook dinner tonight!
  • Options
    awc1986 said:

It's feeling a little lonely over here on the Seahawks side!

Btw - BBQ ribs, nachos with cheese, salsa and guac and potato skins.

I'm rooting for Seattle too. Russell Wilson is one of the most charitable guys I've ever seen. He seems to spend all his spare time hugging kiddos at the children's hospital.

That being said, I have nothing but respect for Peyton and Montee Ball too. My friends little sister died of cancer, and Ball wore her memory bracelet when he was drafted...so either way, I won't be devastated.

I'll be having chili cheese dip and wishing I was having a beer.
  • Options
    That's today? Not even sure who is playing.
    This.  
  • Options
    I would be so much more excited about Super Bowl goodies today if I didn't have to weigh-in at the OB first thing tomorrow morning. Misery! I tried keeping it tasty, but pretty clean today -- buffalo chicken in the crock pot, raw veggies and low fat dip, and cheese cubes and pepperoni.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    CHIEFS!!!!!

I'm supporting my Chiefs gear and just going to stuff my face all day!
    BabyName Ticker
  • Options

CHIEFS!!!!!

I'm supporting my Chiefs gear and just going to stuff my face all day!

Yeah, I wouldn't root for the Broncos either if I was a Chiefs fan. Sorry about your season.

Sorrynotsorry.

imageimageimage

• Options
    I'm a 49er fan but today I am going for the broncos! Go Denver!
  • Options
    SEAHAWKS!!!  

also.. 

FOOODDDD!!! 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    mrsbtobe20122mrsbtobe20122 member
    edited February 2014
    Can't find a broncos cookie to save my life... But I did see this!

Edit: mobile PIP fail.

Mrs. B's Ovulation Chart
    TTC Baby B since 10/2012

• Options
    I'm a Packers fan, but tonight I'm cheering for food. ;)

Ordering pizza...and breadsticks...and a huge cookie...I'm not sure what the family will eat, but I'm set!
  • Options
    Go Hawks!! Pulled pork, little smokies, carmelized onion dip, blue and green M&M cookies....Yummmmmmm.
  • Options
    Seahawks, baby!  I've never seen Seattle so excited.  We're just about to leave for a friend's house to watch the game.  Hopefully they will have some skittles so I can satisfy my sweet tooth.
    imageimage">BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm indifferent to either team this year .. my deciding factor is (so going to get flamed ) I hate Payton Manning ... There I said it .. living on University of Tennessee country and watching people around here put him up into "god " status drives me nuts..
    Pregnancy Ticker
    photo 60020120725ELE036.jpgphoto IMG_18642013130584_zps06545ab5.jpg
  • Options
    I don't pretend I even care about football, I'm just here for the food.
    Love me some bean dip!
  • Options
    I think the last time I actually watched the Super Bowl was in 1998. And that was for the commercials and a homework assignment. Someone please eat a cookie for me. Is there a bakery that will deliver for me?
  • Options
    RAVENS fan all the way but tonight we're rooting seahawks!!!!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ahem.

Gooooooo Seahawks!!!

Huurrrr hurrrr hurrrrrr! Oh I'm sowwy all you bwoncos fans.

Oh wait. I'm totally not sorry.

WINNING.

09/23/11 - Married DH

04/01/13 - BFP at 4wks

08/29/13 - BFP @ 4wks 4d

• Options
    awc1986 said:

Ahem.

Gooooooo Seahawks!!!

Huurrrr hurrrr hurrrrrr! Oh I'm sowwy all you bwoncos fans.

Oh wait. I'm totally not sorry.

WINNING.

Great win! We choked. :((

imageimageimage

• Options
    pandadair said:
    I have nothing to add, other than that I cannot believe the Broncos didn't just go for the field goal at the end of the 2nd quarter (well, field goal and a 3-possession game instead of 4). I would've won $250 if they had. Fuckers.
    THIS!!!! Except that I needed Seahawks to go for a field goal in 4Q instead of running the ball on 4th down. Seriously!??! I know the score was embarrassing, but cmon!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    aimee223 said:
    awknyc said:
    pandadair said:
    I have nothing to add, other than that I cannot believe the Broncos didn't just go for the field goal at the end of the 2nd quarter (well, field goal and a 3-possession game instead of 4). I would've won $250 if they had. Fuckers.
    THIS!!!! Except that I needed Seahawks to go for a field goal in 4Q instead of running the ball on 4th down. Seriously!??! I know the score was embarrassing, but cmon!!!
    ahh I won $250 because they DIDN'T go for the field goal at the end! I'll buy you a cupcake ;)
    Aaaaggghhhh, you lucky bitch! I was sitting there thinking the only thing standing in my way was if they managed to miss/get blocked. I still do not understand what they were thinking. Who does that?

• Options
    sisterjanetsisterjanet member
    edited February 2014
    Nerd alert.  The superbowl reminded me of the Iliad.  The Greeks came out and threw their spears and didn't hit a thing.  Then Hector and the Trojans charge and fill the Greeks with uncontrollable fear, and Hector throws his spear and kills all the guys.  Everyone on both sides says things like "Clearly Zeus is against the Greeks today; he's with Hector."  The impressive level of not-getting-it-done from the Broncos completely reminded me of that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"