December 2012 Moms

Re: FFFC

• Options

I do not think that kids need to bring a cell phone to school!  My coworker's son just called her and told her that he has had his phone stolen AGAIN!!!  It's been 2 iPhones now that he's had "stolen" from his locker.  Why does he need to bring it to school?  I don't think kids that age, he's in 6th grade, need to bring a phone to school.  If there's an emergency he can use the school phone to call his mom or if something happens at the school it's right across the street!!

I do not plan on getting Morgan a cell phone until she's older, 15/16.  I don't care if all her friends have one, she won't!

We Made A Wish....

And You Came True!

• Options
    NBR - My co-worker has been in my dept for years and years but yet still will not follow the correct procedure for placing a order request.  He knows he needs to get the order approved by the apporiate people, but I always have the forward the emails onto the supv for their approval.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I do not think that kids need to bring a cell phone to school!  My coworker's son just called her and told her that he has had his phone stolen AGAIN!!!  It's been 2 iPhones now that he's had "stolen" from his locker.  Why does he need to bring it to school?  I don't think kids that age, he's in 6th grade, need to bring a phone to school.  If there's an emergency he can use the school phone to call his mom or if something happens at the school it's right across the street!!

I do not plan on getting Morgan a cell phone until she's older, 15/16.  I don't care if all her friends have one, she won't!

agreed! I teach & my general rule for any toy is, don't bring it to school if it is aomething you do not want to lose or break. IF my LO got a phone, would be at most one of those pre-programmed with 3 numbers & 911 ability. That is it. (and that's a big if)
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    agreed! I teach & my general rule for any toy is, don't bring it to school if it is aomething you do not want to lose or break. IF my LO got a phone, would be at most one of those pre-programmed with 3 numbers & 911 ability. That is it. (and that's a big if)
    This! That is all DD will have until she's old enough to get a job and pay for her own, just like I did.

My FFFC is that I hate my job but I have no idea what else I'd rather do and as long as I stay here, I have plenty of PTO for if Mom is sick or we want vacation or whatever.

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
    BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
    BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

• Options
    We really don't have anything too "flame-worthy" on this board do we?  It must be because we're so flippin' awesome!!!

We Made A Wish....

And You Came True!

• Options

Preach! Phones at that age cause more harm than good, methinks....and, really, an iPhone for a 6th grader?? I don't even have an iPhone and have survived just fine!

@bloomraiser: I give my LOs juice from time to time too (sometimes mixed w/ water, sometimes not depending on if I'm trying to pour juice and hold a baby at the same time :-P) I really don't understand all the juice hate on here. I know this is cliche, but I drank bottles of apple juice my entire babyhood and have had 1 cavity in my life. Pop, on the other hand, is something I'll get twitchy over....

Nothing really great here, except that I haven't gotten out of PJs (well, wore yoga pants to choir practice....that's as dressy as I got :-P) nor have I put on makeup or worn my contacts once this past week. LOs have been sick, DH had the flu, and we've had frigid temps again, so it's just been lazy-town here.....thankfully, everyone seems to be on the mend, so maybe I can get my life back soon....
  • Options
    @kerbear135 - How is your mom doing?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• Options
    @kerbear135 - How is your mom doing?
    She's doing alright. The chemo meds she's on have days where they make her pretty nauseous, but so far she's having more good days than bad. She'll have a scan probably in March to see if the meds are doing their job.

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
    BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
    BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"