April 2014 Moms

April: Coming too soon or not soon enough?

2»

Re: April: Coming too soon or not soon enough?

• Let's do this thing! I'm so done!
  • Flying by!! The more I think about how close it is and how much we still have left to get, I freak out. 
    photo ee249d6c-880a-4eb4-bc43-d6ab1f9fe662.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • A little of both. I've had no major complaints about being pregnant so I feel like I've been kind of going along and haven't really minded. I like having my little one with me everywhere I go.

But I think I'm letting other people convince me I'm running out of time. When I say I'm due in April, everyone says "oh you are almost there. The baby will be here before you know it. Oh you aren't ready? You only really have 2 months, what are you waiting for?" Only once did someone say to me (just yesterday) oh due in April? You have plenty of time!" So I'm super anxious about not having anything ready and as an administrative assistant I MUST be prepared come hell or high water! My husband is kind of detached (lots of gender disappointment going on) so he just ignores me and hasn't really helped out so I spend nights and weekends working on clearing out the nursery myself (humping boxes of crap 2 flight of stairs into the basement), picking paint, etc. myself. Oh and the fear of labor and delivery is also on my mind! But my sister told me not to worry because it's basically just like taking a big sh!t!!!! Good times!!!

So long story short I'm excited beyond belief, but scared poop-less at the same time!
  • @nycgirlkat. I feel the same way. I can't complain about being pregnant, so I feel like I'm just going about my regular business. I work at a school, so essentially, I'll have been pregnant the whole school year and April still seems far away. I have had a few people tell me the next few weeks will be miserable, but I plan on proving them wrong.;-) or at least staying active and positive.

I don't feel mentally prepared for a little one, but know I'm moving in the right direction. We start classes at the birthing center next week, have an interview with a pediatrician set up, and found a daycare (that I hope I like) that takes cloth diapers and I've been researching cloth diapers. I've also been reading birth stories and "parenting" books.
  • I'm in the both camp, too. I looked forward to being pregnant for such a long time, and I am enjoying it, especially the kicks :). We also still have plenty to do (including our childbirth class), so I feel like I do really need these last 12 weeks. 

That said, the Braxton Hicks are getting longer, more intense and more frequent as time has gone on, I'm waking up at least 3 times a night and still getting insomnia at least once a night, and starting to feel big and uncomfortable. I also cannot wait to meet our little one and begin our life as parents. 

So, I think things are going just about right for me. I do want to speed ahead and skip all this discomfort, but I also want to savor the end of being pregnant. It took a while to get here, so I want to enjoy the good and the bad and not wish any of the experience away. 
    TTC #1 since August 2012 |  BFP August 17th, 2013  |    EDD April 25th, 2014
    Living with Vestibulodynia (Chronic pelvic pain)

• Time has been flying by! Minus 1st tri my pregnancy has been enjoyable. Minor aches in my hips and no more solid nights sleep because I have to pee so often. I love feeling baby kick with DH. It's a great bonding moment for us.

I am getting a little nervous about delivery though. My OB basically told me I was fat now I have a complex about my weight. My mom had big babies and didn't go into labor at all so had 4 c-sections.

I have images of a giant breech baby and needing a c-section.

I'm sure it will all work out. I just want to meet my little girl :)

After I buy the carseat
  • FLYING!!! Starting to panic.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Both.  I'm trying to put off buying things until we (hopefully) move to a bigger place, but don't know when/if that is going to happen.  Thus, I have nothing for the baby yet. 

I'm still liking pregnancy (it helps that the baby has been bouncing off the walls the last couple days), but I'm ready to cuddle my baby.
  • Not soon enough... I am in the uncomfortable stage now... peeing all the time, not sleeping... and having trouble putting on shoes. C'mon!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm not a lover of pregnancy. I don't like the constant uncomfortable feeling..... I don't have everything and I'm feeling increasingly anxious and nervous as the days pass by. I'm a FTM but my SO has a 5yr old DD and says it'll all be fine. Ugh. Wanting it to be over but not ready!
  • I go back and forth also. I love being pregnant and still have quite a bit to do. But when i feel in there i just wish i could see her and hold her.
  • Not soon enough. We do have some more prep to do before she gets here, but other than that, I am uncomfortable, my body doesn't work like it should, I'm .. large, I can't take good meds and I am sick, can't work out or I cramp, and only want to eat bad food because good, healthy food I used to love? makes me turn up my nose.

Married 2005, DS: 2006, DD: 2008 EDD: 4/16/14- IT'S A GIRL! Scarlett Jean
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm so done. With the constant threat of PTL, contractions, bedrest, stabbing myself with needles it feels like time is dragging by. It's going to feel so weird if I go to term/due date this time. Basically we've been in "any day now" mode already for the last 2 weeks. I'm trying to change that and plan more for a term baby, but I'm also really done with this. I like the newborn phase much better than being pregnant.
    BFP#1 9/14/10 (EDD 5/21/11); no fetal pole 6w6d, 7w4d, d&c 10/8
    BFP#2 3/16/11, beta 138; 4/12 Baby/HB DS born 9/10/11 at 29w4d due to partial abruption and PTL
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BFP#3 8/19/13 Another boy! 17P, modified bedrest and Nifedipine helped us have a termie! DS2 born 4/19/14 at 38w5d.

• A little of both... I CAN'T WAIT for maternity leave, but I feel like I still have a million things to do before LO arrives!
    Definitely this. I can't wait to meet my little girl!

• I wish I had a month off before they come for final preparations and rest!
  • I have a ton left to do, but I am SO done with being pregnant.
    Delilah Noel
    4/25/14 12:41am

• Same as others with both at once! I'm so excited to hold him and meet him but when I think of all the loose ends and projects I need to tie up I go into panic mode for not having enough time
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"