Dads & Dads-to-be

Im back...again!

Hey fellas! Sorry for the hiatus.  Its been a long year for myself and my family but im back..again to let you know 3rd time is a charm! My wife and I are expecting our 3 baby! Due 8/20! I will try to visit more often to join on the festivities and the interesting topics! Women might be the backbone of the family but that backbone needs something to rest on from time to time...and thats where we come in! LOL
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Im back...again!

• Congrats on the 3rd. You're moving into minivan territory.
  • 3rd?  holy crap - Im barely making it through one!  congrats on balancing everything though - it's a real art!
  • Loading the player...
  • ladyjenna13ladyjenna13 member
    edited January 2014

3rd kid equals prision guard certification.

• Yeah I know...I will officially have 3 kids, 3 and under! Some people say going from 1 to 2 kids is more difficult than going from 2 to 3! We shall see! And hell no to the minivan (my wife agrees)! Lol
  • I think 1 to 2 being more difficult than 2 to 3 is mostly true. I think the idea behind that thought is they can entertain each other and the oldest can actually be of some help. Let us know though. You're dealing with some really little ones so this school of thought may not apply to you as well.

By the way, I hear the Town and country is pretty nice.

• Very funny polooo27! We will be looking at new cars this summer but we have seen some SUVs with third row seating that we like. We will explore every SUV with the thought that minivans are not an option! Lol
  • I tease my wife with the same joke. I guess we're technically in your boat. Going from 1 to 3 though. I think your oldest is about two weeks older than mine. We have a Mazda Tribute right now and we're not planning on upgrading at the moment. Maybe if a 4th comes along or when they get older and we're taking their friends with us we'll have to do something.
  • 23marcus said:
    Yeah I know...I will officially have 3 kids, 3 and under! Some people say going from 1 to 2 kids is more difficult than going from 2 to 3! We shall see! And hell no to the minivan (my wife agrees)! Lol

SUV is the only way to go.

• 23marcus said:
    Yeah I know...I will officially have 3 kids, 3 and under! Some people say going from 1 to 2 kids is more difficult than going from 2 to 3! We shall see! And hell no to the minivan (my wife agrees)! Lol

I haven't done any personal research, but I've heard minivans have their own pros. I hear they can be a lot easier to get in and out of when it comes to the 3rd row. Fuel economy and price are another factor. I hope to never have one either, but if we're talking $20k in price difference I might suck it up and drive a minivan. I'd put a spoiler and some flames on it though.
  • polooo27 said:
    23marcus said:

I haven't done any personal research, but I've heard minivans have their own pros. I hear they can be a lot easier to get in and out of when it comes to the 3rd row. Fuel economy and price are another factor. I hope to never have one either, but if we're talking $20k in price difference I might suck it up and drive a minivan. I'd put a spoiler and some flames on it though.

Our neighbors have a minivan, and it certainly does make access easier.  But then I pull out the Grand Cherokee and I know that I am more baller!  But we probably did pay more for the Jeep.  Joking aside, I certainly would feel safer in a side impact with the Jeep over the minivan.  I do not trust that huge sliding door over a 4 door with part of the frame protecting you from side impact crashes.  I am willing to pay more for safety, and the Jeep is a much safer vehicle over any minivan out there.

But no third row in any SUV below the big Honda Pilot or the Suburban.  And those are big, big dollars.  Our back cargo area is probably bigger than most SUV's, and we never have a problem with space.

If we had three kids under the age of 8, I would do the flamed up minivan too, with a skirt and a pimped out aero package!

• We have looked at the a few cars...our top 2 is 2012 or 13 Dodge Durango or a 10, 11, 12, or 13 GMC Acadia
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"