Secondary IF

How do you know when AF ends? *TMI

I started using an app to chart my cycles.  It wants me to put in an end date for AF but I am not sure what day that is.  When do you ladies signify AF has stopped? TMI alert... I don't just wake up one morning and AF has stopped.  It kinda fades slowly away.  Should I wait until there is nothing there and say that was the last day or maybe the last day I have a real flow and use a tampon.  

Married DH September 2008
DD1 Born March 2012
DD2 Due November 2014

image         image

imageimage

Re: How do you know when AF ends? *TMI

• The day you stop actually bleeding. You can have a couple days of spotting, for ex. those days are not considered period days. Only the days of actual flow is considered your period days, so even if you happen to stop at the end of a certain day, that is still the last day. 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have the opposite happen I have three days of spotting before I start my regular flow and RE said those don't count as day 1
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Basically any spotting is not counted as period days - before OR after actual flow.

Two DDs 10/08 and 08/10, no primary IF
    TTC #3 since 10/2011 - dx unexplained/weak ovulation
     3 BFN clomid + TI cycles, 5 BFN clomid/gonal f IUIs, 1 mmc IUI
    2/19/2014 IVF #1 Unexpected low E2 (oversuppressed) -> increased to max doses = 3 or 4 follicles, converting to IUI
    BFFP Saw 1 beautiful heartbeat at 6w6d, follow up u/s at 9w showed mmc. Eff this.
    NTNP 5/2014-9/2014, OPKs and TI 10/2014 - 1/2015. 
    RPL testing all normal, AFC, AMH, and FSH all normal. 
    IVF 1.2 1/22/2014 natural cycle start, AFC 28, 300 gonal f/150menopur. 
    ER 2/3/15 14R 8M 3F w/ICSI Day 5 transfer on 2/8/15 of one "Grade A+" blast and have TWO frosties! 

• I've always been told the first day of bleeding is day 1. In FF I just mark spotting as spotting and real flow as the period.

Me: 27 DH: 33
    Married 6 years
    Conceived DS after 4 years of MFI

TTC # 2 (not trying,not preventing ever)
    May 2013 - August 2013 Timed Intercourse = BFN
    September 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs=BFN
    October 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs, and "warming foods" = BFP
    Beta #1 19, Beta #2 18 Progesterone 4.6 Miscarried 11/9/13
    November 2013 - Benched, waiting for first post-loss AF.
    No longer benched per New RE/OB!
    Jan. 15 2014 - BFP. HCG 3900 - Ectopic :( 
    Jan. 16 2014 Left tube removed and D&C
    March 2, 2014 First AF

• It seems like it should be such an easy question but the line is pretty gray for me too.  I taper off to a super light flow or heavy spotting, and I often go back and forth on whether AF has ended or not.  I'll call it spotting because nothing happens all night and for a couple of hours in the morning, and then I'll get a little gush that I consider more than spotting, and change my chart to call it a light day.  I basically just try to look back at my day and think whether I could've made it through the day without protection, and once the answer is yes, I call it spotting going forward.  My period is so freaking annoying... 
    November 2010 - 10.5 week loss  o:) 
    October 2011 - DS (7)  <3 
    July 2014 - Stillborn DD (24 weeks)  o:) 
    August 2015 - DD (3)  <3 
    April 2018 - 5 week loss o:) 

• It seems like it should be such an easy question but the line is pretty gray for me too.  I taper off to a super light flow or heavy spotting, and I often go back and forth on whether AF has ended or not.  I'll call it spotting because nothing happens all night and for a couple of hours in the morning, and then I'll get a little gush that I consider more than spotting, and change my chart to call it a light day.  I basically just try to look back at my day and think whether I could've made it through the day without protection, and once the answer is yes, I call it spotting going forward.  My period is so freaking annoying... 
    This is exactly me!  It's super annoying to think I'm done, then get that random red gush.  
    Happily Mrs. C 
    image  image

image Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    start ttc #1 in Jan 2009
    dx PCOS in May 2010, begin metformin
    Two failed clomid cycles (made lining too thin)
    Started acupuncture while saving for IVF in Sept 2011
    Add herbal infusions to the mix in Dec 2011
    Hoping holistic approach works!!!

BFP on April 2012 at 11dpo
    Meepy Man born on Jan 2013 - Hip Hip Hurray!

Ready to start ttc #2 April 2013, but plan to be an extended BF'er
    Back on metformin Aug 2013
    Restart herbal infusions Sept 2013 - currently drinking nettle, oatstraw, and red raspberry leaf
    DS weaned in April 2014
    Taking a break from herbs and just riding the healthy train.  
    Planning medicated cycle end of summer.  FX I get KU before then!!!
  • One more vote for "don't count spotting."
    This is exactly me!  It's super annoying to think I'm done, then get that random red gush.  
    This is not my norm but I have had it happen before so I totally get what you guys mean! You think you're almost done, slap on a panty liner, go about your day, and then bam, big red gush, grrr! 

Married DH September 2008
    DD1 Born March 2012
    DD2 Due November 2014

image         image

imageimage

• ^omg hahaha, fool me once, shame on you, fool me again and again, depends for life!!! Sometimes that is how I feel!
    January 2007- Stop BCP! Let's DO this!
    June 2010- MFI. BS. IVF! Ectopic. BS. image

November 2010- FAILED FET! BS!
    January 2011- BFP FET! TWINS!
    February 2011- lost twin. BS. image

SEPTEMBER 2011- DD Born! Most awesome girl in the world!

November 2013- FAILED FET! BS! (screw you November FETs)
    April Fresh Cycle, FAILED. Frozen embryos frozen for future FETs.
    FROZEN CYCLE JUNE! BFP
    BABY BOY VINCENT!

We can't wait to meet you!
    Conception:image
    imageimage Potato Love!

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"