September 2012 Moms
Options

Have we discussed Amanda Knox?

I don't see a post about this. I'm still trying to figure out how it was even legal to have a second murder trial. WDS12T, is she guilty? I always thought she showed poor judgment, but I really don't think she killed Kercher.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Have we discussed Amanda Knox?

• Options
    Italy has different laws and they don't have a double jeopardy law.

I don't think she is guilty. I think the Italian detectives really botched that investigation and need a conviction to save face. I find the whole thing incredibly sad.

Have you read her autobiography? It's really good.

• Options
    I think she knows more about what happened that night, but I don't think she actually killed her. But who knows.

I can't believe how long this ordeal has dragged on. So now what do they do - trial #3 is the tie breaker?? Ugh.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm with MomtobeMJ.  I don't think she killed her, but I think there's more to the story.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    MomtobeNJ said:

I think she knows more about what happened that night, but I don't think she actually killed her. But who knows.

I can't believe how long this ordeal has dragged on. So now what do they do - trial #3 is the tie breaker?? Ugh.
    What makes you think she knows more? I don't think she was even there. I think she knows who killed her (that Rudy fella) but that's based on the evidence, not because she was there.

• Options
    I didn't say she was there - I said she knows more (like you just said). Just a hunch. I do think they proved that she was in the apartment at some point that evening, but timing of everything was vague and unverified.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I haven't paid a lot of attention TBH, I just think it is really sad for everyone involved.  This thing keeps going on and on and on and nothing ever seems to be answered.  The victim's family must be constantly devastated.

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

• Options
    Italy has different laws and they don't have a double jeopardy law. I don't think she is guilty. I think the Italian detectives really botched that investigation and need a conviction to save face. I find the whole thing incredibly sad. Have you read her autobiography? It's really good.
    No, but I want to!

• Options
    melody921 said:

I don't think she is guilty. I think the Italian detectives really botched that investigation and need a conviction to save face. I find the whole thing incredibly sad.

No, but I want to!

It's really interesting and she's a good writer.

• Options
    I think it is ridiculous that they keep going after her. IMO, there is a lack of evidence/motive, and someone is pissed they didn't get the result they wanted. It is a horrible situation that the victim's family faces, but I do not think the prosecutor is after justice. I think it is personal now, because there is egg on his face.

I agree with you here. I don't think she did it. I was obsessed during the first trial. I forgot to check the verdict last night but assumed it would turn out this way. The Italian system is ridiculous.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Options
    I think IV nailed it. It's beyond facts and into the ego now. I think they really made a mess of the investigation. At the beginning, I really thought she was guilty and as time went on, it sounded less and less likely. I ended up feeling sorry for her because it felt more like a set up. I'd like to read the book too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I have no idea if she is guilty or not, but I think it's ridiculous that they tried her again, especially with no new evidence. I realize Italy does not have double jeopardy, but the US does so I really hope we do not extradite her.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I really don't think she is guilty... but that is just a gut instinct since I haven't followed it all that closely (and my gut has been wrong before). I do think it is completely ridiculous she was retried and I really hope the US does not extradite her.

I think I might have to check into her book. If I ever make it through the book I am reading now.

• Options
    PenelopePondPenelopePond member
    edited January 2014
    I'm not sure if this matters or not. The lawyer on tv yesterday said it wasn't a true third trial. Apparently her appeal was badly screwed up and the highest court insisted they re do it. They didn't do it just because the appeal didn't work out how they wanted.

I agree that the whole thing is a mess. I don't think she did it.

I could have totally misunderstood that first part btw.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • Options

melody921 said:

No, but I want to!
    It's really interesting and she's a good writer.

I'm not surprised that she's a good writer. She was very well-spoken in her dateline interview a few months ago. I was impressed.

I don't know enough about the case, but it seems that if one jury thought there wasn't sufficient evidence to convict, that alone is enough for me to really, really question it. I kind of want to read that book now.
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    My sisters friend knew Amanda Knox before all of this happened and said she has a serious dark side. She said she wasn't surprised when everything came out and that she could definitely see her committing the murder. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"