Parenting
Options

Weekly Meal Plans

I don't think I've seen a post this week. Anybody care to share? I'm working on mine and stumped for ideas.

"Man, be creative. Like the stuff you do. Do nice things. Love respectfully. Laugh a fucking lot. Curse when you feel like it. Life is cool." - Jean Grae

image image
M (3/9/02) and E (2/28/12)

Re: Weekly Meal Plans

• Options
    Tonight: ham and broccoli
    Tomorrow: take out
    Sunday: ham and pea soup and maybe pizza
    Monday: salmon and veggies
    Tuesday: leftovers
    Wednesday: balsamic chicken and veggies in slow cooker
    Thursday: leftovers
    Friday: burgers
    Lilypie - (KNqh)
  • Options
    Tonight: pizza

Tomorrow: Subway

Sunday: salmon, brown rice and roasted veggies then super bowl

Monday: the kids are having turkey dinner at my parents

Tuesday: leftover turkey

Wednesday: Italian chicken, baked potatoes, Cesar salad

Thursday: turkey burgers and fries

image"

My 4 Angel Babies.....
    MC#1- 12/2008, MC#2- 05/2009, MC#3 07/2009, MC#4 11/2009

Training to become an IBCLC. BF Questions? Just ask!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have nothing..... I'm so focus on Sun....

• Options
    ReeseFoxReeseFox member
    edited January 2014
    red lentil coconut curry soup 

That sounds scrumptious! Recipe?

"Man, be creative. Like the stuff you do. Do nice things. Love respectfully. Laugh a fucking lot. Curse when you feel like it. Life is cool." - Jean Grae

image image

• Options
    ReeseFoxReeseFox member
    edited January 2014
    pobrecita said:
    It's Friday! Who meal plans on Friday?
    I do. I grocery shop on the weekend, so I need to meal plan to make my list.

image image

• Options
    ReeseFoxReeseFox member
    edited January 2014
    I've never made it before but I'm looking forward to it.

https://www.food.com/recipe/vegan-coconut-curry-red-lentil-soup-492671
    I may make myself a pot for lunches. I don't think my husband or kids would care for it.

image image

• Options
    All I know is that I was supposed to go out for a nice dinner with dh tonight but he has the stomach bug so instead I am stuck at home making chicken soup.
    image image
  • Options
    Tonight: pizza
    Tomorrow: so is going out so lasagna
    Sunday: Superbowl food
    Monday: roasted Turkey breasts, green beans,mashed potatoes.
    Tuesday: gym night so brats and salad
    Wednesday: grilled peppercorn porkchops,roasted potatoes and salad
    Thursday: Swiss steak potatoes and salad

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    We used to monthly plan and shop but I hated it because it seemed like so much got wasted based on it going bad before getting used or forgetting to take it out of the freezer. We do every two weeks now.

Next week is

Monday-Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup
    Tuesday-Potato Soup
    Wednesday-Enchiladas
    Thursday-Shephard's Pie
    Friday-MIL's house
    Saturday-Grocery Shopping so not sure yet

Our Little Raspberry Born 3/27/12
  • Options
    I have tried this before and it didn't work. Mine now usually goes like this:

Monday frozen lasagna
    tuesday take out
    wednesday hamburger helper
    thursday frozen burritos
    friday fend for yourself
    saturday fend for yourself
    sunday fen for yourself
  • Options
    klondikebarklondikebar member
    edited February 2014
    I'm trying to make it easy on myself this week. I plan on making chili and using the leftovers for chili dogs. I'll also make a crock pot rotisserie chicken and shred the leftovers for enchiladas. I got the chicken recipe from here and my family loves it. It's really easy too.

https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/8574051/s-o-rotisserie-chicken-how-to-make-your-own-in-the-crockpot
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/1e/60/2a/1e602a4261a90b9c761ebe748b780318.jpg    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/47/2c/07/472c076006afed606241716dd0db828a.jpg 
  • Options
    Quick question peeps. I have a TON of leftover ham. Some will make soup. Some will be given to our neighbors. Can I freeze the rest? There's just so much!
    Lilypie - (KNqh)
  • Options
    MrsT0514MrsT0514 member
    edited April 2014
    Check this out- here are our meals for January. I am still working on February. Neither of us cooks on Friday.
    Wtf. I tend to be somewhat of a "planner" by nature...but this is way out of my league! I dont think I'd ever be capable of planning meals for a month and actually sticking to it. Its hard enough to plan a week's worth. Meh.
  • Options
    I usually plan 2-3 weeks at a time because I try to limit my time spent in the grocery store as much as possible. I do one big trip at the beginning of the month and stock up on meat, shelf stable items, and longer lasting produce (onions, potatoes, etc.), and then I do a couple quick dairy/produce trips as needed.

image image

• Options
    Ok , finally did mine. Monday: blackened salmon tacos, Tuesday: skinnytaste chicken Milanese , Wednesday: hockey game, Thursday: skinnytaste crockpot jerk pork with carribean salsa over rice.
    image image
  • Options
    Loved that Caribbean jerk pork

• Options
    Good to hear @angelashly! I realized I need to eliminate one meal this week because dh won't be home, so I'll make sure to keep that one
    image image
  • Options
    FrickandFrackFrickandFrack member
    edited April 2014
    Check this out- here are our meals for January. I am still working on February. Neither of us cooks on Friday.
    This is amazing and would make my life so much easier. Thanks for posting this.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"