2nd Trimester

Second part blood work for down syndrome test.

Would they have seen anything in the first part of the test or in the measuring of the neck at 13 weeks if something was wrong?

Can't help but to be nervous about this test!

Re: Second part blood work for down syndrome test.

• No one has any input?? :(
  • Yeah as long as they can get all the right angels then they should be able to see if there is anything wrong.

It's a BOY

• Loading the player...
  • I'm confused. You commented in another post that you're 16.5 weeks, so you had the NT scan done a few weeks ago. I assume you had the blood work done along with the scan as well. Did you not hear any follow-up from your doctor about the results? It should have come back with numbers like a 1 in 10,000 chance for blah blah blah. If you didn't then I'd give them a call. Assuming you were not told anything about the NT results, then I wonder if the test you're referring to above is actually a separate thing entirely? I wonder if it's the blood work to test for spina bifida? That test was labeled as MMS 1 on my orders. 
    If that doesn't help, maybe a little more information can get some other thoughts.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Hmm interesting I didn't know she was 16 weeks either. Exactly what @mana84 said, you should have heard back from your doctors by now with some numbers, as she pointed out. And the blood work test she is referring to (and correct me if i'm wrong) would be the quad screening test and yes they test for downs, but also spina bifida and they usually call or send a letter with results.

It's a BOY

• edited January 2014
    JKBMA2014 said:

Hmm interesting I didn't know she was 16 weeks either. Exactly what @mana84 said, you should have heard back from your doctors by now with some numbers, as she pointed out. And the blood work test she is referring to (and correct me if i'm wrong) would be the quad screening test and yes they test for downs, but also spina bifida and they usually call or send a letter with results.

My NT scan had a few parts; u/s and bloodwork at 12/13 weeks and then a second round of bloodwork at 16/17 weeks. I'm assuming op is referring to that second round and wondering if she has anything to worry about since her results from the u/s and first round of blood work had a low chance of abnormalities.

Op- the second round can change the numbers they gave you, with my DD the chance of any issue actually went down after the second round of blood work. If everything looked good the first round I wouldn't worry, most likely everything will be fine.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • yes, the quad screen done towards the middle of your pregnancy could come up with something aside from trisomy.
    BFP: July 2013 M/C August 5, 2013
    BFP: October 22, 2013 EDD: June 21, 2014
    Baby boy arrived June 23, 2014

BFP: February 2016 EDD: October 17, 2016
  • I didn't hear any results from blood work #1 (at 12 weeks) only that NT measurements were good. I got ALL the results at the A/S appointment (at 18 weeks) after they did their measurements. I assume OPs practice does something similar. Yes there is a chance for something to come up from last set of blood work and/or A/S. It's nerve racking for sure but try not to worry about the what ifs and try to focus on enjoying your pregnancy (easier said than done I know...).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"